Need Help Please on Picking a Phone

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello All, I am going to buy a phone (on my own ebay, craigslist, ect..) to add a line to my girlfriends AT&T account, I am down to these 2, A Titan (first model not a Titan II) or a Samsung Focus S, just want it to be 4G and I care more about phone call reception and clearity, wiFi, and reliability, don't care which has the best camera, or the best manufacture apps. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am fairly new to WP7,:blush: I have a HTC Arrive on Sprint, it's not a bad phone, just don't know if the Titan is better and if the Samsung Focus S is even better than the Titan, any opinions and information from people that own these would be great. Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Neither the Titan 1 or the Samsung Focus S are 4G, sorry.

You'll need to get a Titan II or a Lumia 900 if you want 4G LTE. Or if you can wait a bit, there will be some more coming.

None of the older Windows Phone models have 4G LTE, sorry.

If you're on AT&T then the Lumia 900 is a no brainer, or wait for the Titan II I guess if you like HTC.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Neither the Titan 1 or the Samsung Focus S are 4G, sorry.

You'll need to get a Titan II or a Lumia 900 if you want 4G LTE. Or if you can wait a bit, there will be some more coming.

None of the older Windows Phone models have 4G LTE, sorry.

If you're on AT&T then the Lumia 900 is a no brainer, or wait for the Titan II I guess if you like HTC.

Both the Titan and Focus S are 4G (by AT&T's standards).

Only the 900 and Titan II are 4G LTE.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Get the Focus S there are many threads about the Titans poor phone quality and lagging 4g. I had the Focus S before the Titan and went back to the Focus S because of HTC QC issues and the lack of support for the Titan. I don't see any of this changing when the Titan II is released it will probably just be forgotten.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just cruise the forums of the Titan and the "S". Focus S users are way more happy than Titan owners. I have an "S", and my wife owns a Titan. She puts a much higher premium on camera than anything else on a phone, and really wanted a large screen so she is happy. But from internet performance to call quality, the "S" is a better performer. It is upsetting in a way, because HTC has been such a strong supporter of WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3