Screen Resolution Titan II vs Lumia 900 - Interesting

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I made an interesting observation while evaluating the Titan II and the 900 at the AT&T store. I knew I wanted the Titan II but I was concerned about the screen. I noticed an immediate difference. The Lumia 900 was noticeably brighter and sharper. I figured oh well I hope I just get use to the Super LCD display.

Anyway, after further investigation I learned that all the Nokia's were set to the Nokia Blue color and all titan's to standard blue. At first glance it appears that the nokia is just sharper and more vibrant. Once I changed the Lumia screen to the regular blue they looked a lot more similar.

I still think the Nokia display is superior. However, the difference wasn't as noticeable once both devices' color settings were consistent.

Just an observation/opinion.

Last edited:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the ppi on the Lumia will be higher which of course means it will look more crisp. On the other hand I can take a 3.5" of an LG quantum and it will look more crisp though the colors will wash out.

too bad the panels in these larger phones are hardware WVGA and not interpolated down, otherwise we could get a free upgrade when WP8 comes out to higher res.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the clear black and amoled screen is much more vibrant and rich than the super LCD HTC uses that screen on most of their devices and it gets beat by amoled all day except for the screen used in the one x

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

JR A

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If no one had mentioned it, I swear that the 900's screen was much more than just WVGA.

And to me, that's all that really matters. I could care less about the specs, just give me an awesome user experience... I'm looking at you Mr. Laggy Dual Core 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM Android phone...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss