Lumia 920 vs Htc 8x

Scowy

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I was really hoping to get the Lumia 920, but due to the exclusivity agreement in the UK, it is not looking likely.
My contract is up in about a month and I have already had a call from them about upgrading (before any WP8 phones were available) they now offer the 8X so I may call and get that one.
I was hoping to get the Nokia, I used to always get their phone, until I got my Omnia 7, but not prepared to switch providers for their exlcusive apps and will probably cost me more per month.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I handled a 920 and 8x in my MSFT store this past weekend. 920 was lightyears ahead of the 8x in terms of quality feel. Buttons on side pressed in well and felt like quality. The 8x buttons wobbled and if you pressed off to the side on the power and camera buttons it would go in crooked. Not that the buttons did not work, but they felt cheap. The 920 buttons felt much more solidly attached. They phone felt more solid in general. 8x was significantly lighter though. Anyone that says otherwise is lying. Could not get an accurate feel of how much of a difference it was to my titan because my titan was not tethered, but I could compare the tethered phones at least. I wish there was a way to test the cameras for low light in store. I tried taking a picture inside my jacket but was pretty worthless. I thought I read about a low light setting on the 8x but could not find it either.

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
8x all the way! Son has the 920, I have the 8x. Camera is better in the Lumia, but everywhere else the 8x is better. Plugged both into my Mustangs stereo and the 8x with the Beats Audio smoked the Lumia. 8x is easier to pocket and fits the hand better. In my opinion the Lumia is a great phone for those that need the camera, other than that its a brick compared to the 8x.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
8x all the way! Son has the 920, I have the 8x. Camera is better in the Lumia, but everywhere else the 8x is better. Plugged both into my Mustangs stereo and the 8x with the Beats Audio smoked the Lumia. 8x is easier to pocket and fits the hand better. In my opinion the Lumia is a great phone for those that need the camera, other than that its a brick compared to the 8x.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

I agree, 8x wins this one hands down. The 920 is a great phone spec wise but the design is horrible. I had a 900 for about a month before selling it and buying a titan 2. The Nokia design just isn't ergonomic at all. Another drawback to Nokia phones is all the hype around features that end up being worthless. Kinda like siri on the iphones.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Whoo hoo HTC , a company with non existent customer service, I owned an HTC Titan that never had its problems addressed .......nokia wins by default, when I get a call from matt Rothschild himself to check on how I'm doing with my phone.......thats pretty cool considering he made time in his day to talk to me, a nobody, you cannot beat Nokia customer service.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3