This again?

Windows Central Podcast 37: Windows 10 Mobile is still dead

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. zeronoise's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    brmiller1976 inspired me to make a similar thread as his but with the iPhone instead of 8x. I've been a long time iPhone user (since first gen) and have finally decided to make the switch. I currently have an iPhone 4s and have been using my sisters 5 on and off. I'll use the 920 for the full 14 days and tell you guys my prospective from an iPhone user...will try to be unbiased as possible.
    Ps I don't like big phones...my optimal phone is 3.5" but no high end exists in that size...so since I'm going to get a bigger phone anyways why not get the biggest(ativ is no available and I like the 8x and 920 a lot better than the ativ)
  2. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    putting this thread in Phone Wars =)
  3. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    The 4S has the screen size you prefer. If it is all about screen size, then that's a good device for you.
  4. zeronoise's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    The 4S has the screen size you prefer. If it is all about screen size, then that's a good device for you.
    Yea it does but considering the release of the 5 and the new wp8 phones I don't consider the 4s as high end anymore...and iOS is gettin stale
  5. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeronoise View Post
    Yea it does but considering the release of the 5 and the new wp8 phones I don't consider the 4s as high end anymore...and iOS is gettin stale
    Then it should be another OS vs. WP, not even the i5 as it's still the same iOS with an extra row of icons. It does come in handy in folders though :D
  6. zeronoise's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    Then it should be another OS vs. WP, not even the i5 as it's still the same iOS with an extra row of icons. It does come in handy in folders though :D
    Lol true...but considering I have experience with iOS (from back when it didn't have things feature phones did) and have an i5 available....might as well
  7. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeronoise View Post
    Lol true...but considering I have experience with iOS (from back when it didn't have things feature phones did) and have an i5 available....might as well
    Lol. k.
  8. Kebero's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    716 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,224 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    The 4S has the screen size you prefer. If it is all about screen size, then that's a good device for you.

    I'd suggest the 820, since it has both the smaller form factor and the same internals as the 920 (excepting storage and camera). The 8S is lacking in the RAM department. I do believe that s good phone doesn't gave to be huge: look at the Galaxy S III Mini and the Droid RAZR M.
  9. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebero View Post
    I'd suggest the 820, since it has both the smaller form factor and the same internals as the 920 (excepting storage and camera). The 8S is lacking in the RAM department. I do believe that s good phone doesn't gave to be huge: look at the Galaxy S III Mini and the Droid RAZR M.
    Only going by what he gave as options ;)

    I actually think 4.3 / 4.5 inches is the sweet spot for me, but I do enjoy the iPhone at 4 inches.

Posting Permissions

";