Lumia 920 vs Galaxy S3 Video

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Samsucks cheap plastic chassis and horrid TouchWiz UI looks even more tacky next to a Lumia.

Android is like the Myspace of smartphones. No class.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was odd that it took my 920 so much longer to boot up than my 7.5 titan. Anyways cool vid. Looks like there really is no big difference in speed between the two phones.

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Lets all stop the fanboyism here and be REALISTIC. Both are amazing phones in terms of appeal, performance, and whatever else. There is a reason the GS3 is the most popular android device and highly sought after. And I'm sure that atm the same goes for L920 in terms of windows phones.

Only thing I'll agree on is that the TouchWiz UI is pretty awful looking but that doesn't matter since you can just get a custom ROM. Don't like tinkering with your phone to get it the way you want? Well obviously then just get iOS or WP. Stupid OS war is stupid, get what you suits you

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Overall I would have given the win to the Lumia, the apps load faster and the browser is tied if not slightly in favour of the Lumia. These are the only two tests that really matter, don't really care about how quickly the phone boots.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I think the browser on the lumia was slightly faster but just by a hair. Also the content to seems to show up faster on the lumia,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I tested this myself. Browser animations are really smooth on the gs3 (sites with swipe gestures have clean fluid animations. On 920 it is choppy.)

Browser performance is mostly the same. Scrolling was fluid on both.

But the display on the GS3 gives off a blue tint to white background sites, and text is harder to read (ppi is higher on the 920 I believe.)

I give the edge to the 920 for those reasons.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
False.

Use 4.2 and you won't be singing this song. Blame the OEMs not the OS.

I'm sure jellybean is wonderful, but until every developer redesigns their crappy inconsistent apps to match the improved UI, it'll look and act like ass.

It will be a cold day in Hades before I use any Android device again. Two phones and a tablet were enough for me. I'd sooner buy an iPhone than a crapdroid.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
TouchWiz UI is pretty awful looking but that doesn't matter since you can just get a custom ROM.

Sure, with hours and hours and hours of time wasted learning how to root the phone and flash the ROM. And if you get something wrong, your phone is bricked and Samsung won't fix it.

Consumers don't want to waste time on propellerhead activities. They want something that works.

Galaxy S III is VERY flashy out of the box. I have one. I looked at it and thought "hmmmm, maybe they've finally fixed Android's serious usability issues." For a couple of weeks, all was well (other than the cartoonish UI). Then, the old Android slowdowns, freezes, crashes, lockups, and incompatibilities reappeared and got worse with time. Underneath all the propaganda, UI tweaks, and super hardware, it's still the crusty, musty Android junkpile we all know and "love."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon