What is the best phone you ever owned? Be honest..

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
My Nextel Chirp phones. Motorola's knew how to make those phones. If I wanted to talk to someone...just chirp them saved minutes, saved texts, quick & easy.

Next would be the Iphone 3G. The reason I loved it so...was because even though it was jailbroken....the community was high and I had everything for free, that was missing from the phone. Now they've included everything and now its just no fun which is why I have a WP8. :)

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My Palm Pre. The OS was the best, and the shape and size were perfect. Like every review at the time said, it just felt great in your hand with its curved shape. The notifications were great, and somehow being able to just slide it open to answer a call was faster and easier. More graceful somehow. That falls under "tiny conveniences that make life better" for sure. So did being able to look into the top of my purse in a meeting, and confirm from the slider at the top that it was muted. There's a lot to be said for hardware over software for things like that.

I've had three phones since, and it still sits on its charger on my desk at home, telling me the time and checking my e-mail over WiFi.

Yes - I sit in front of a powerful desktop computer, and use the buzz of my Pre to tell me when I have new mail. And its notification system was so great, that a quick glance over at it continues to be the best way to know if I want to interrupt what I'm doing to read said e-mail.

My 8x is my first Windows phone, and it comes CLOSE to working with me as well as the Pre did, but it's not there yet.

I am finally switching to the 8x tomorrow from my original Palm Pre on Sprint. I must say, I've held on an long as I possible could. My phone has been stuck in headset mode for 4 months and some other things are not working.

How did you get the phone to turn on without your Palm Profile being activated? I would love to keep it as a music player or use some of the apps currently on the phone.

Any advice would be great! Thanks.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm saying that every comment I've ever read about that device has been negative. In this case, you were the exception, not the rule. So I'd say you were lucky.
I was a bb guy when the storm came out. I Remember it being a real disaster for RIM. A screen that actually works like a huge button, really😊
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My Pre 2 was my favorite phone. Would have had a Pre 3 if HP hadn't pulled the plug on it. Yeah, I could have bought one online, but for the price and knowledge of how app support was heading, I jumped ship.

Still miss webOS from time to time.

Best phone though, would have to be my 920... Spec wise, it beats everything else I've owned and WP8 is probably the best alternative to webOS.

Infamy_dd

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I am finally switching to the 8x tomorrow from my original Palm Pre on Sprint. I must say, I've held on an long as I possible could. My phone has been stuck in headset mode for 4 months and some other things are not working.

How did you get the phone to turn on without your Palm Profile being activated? I would love to keep it as a music player or use some of the apps currently on the phone.

Any advice would be great! Thanks.

I think my Palm Profile must still be activated - at least in that it still knows my e-mail accounts. I honestly don't know. I bought a new phone, didn't turn it in when i did, took it home and sat it on my desk, where it has remained for three years. I'll take a look when I get home, see if there are any clues.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Palm profile needs to be activated only first time you put a SIM in. After that you can take that SIM out and the phone will work just like any iPod Touch.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
TMobile sidekick 3!!!! Man the days of being on aim all day.. Email and texting became popular on phones.. The camera was cool.. The community behind danger was great.. Flip the screen or "swivel" to thee most comfortable keyboard on a phone.. Loved that phone.

(btw Nextel phones with the chirp >*)
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It is a toss up between the blackberry 7105t and the Titan 2. The Titan 2 is better than the L920 only because I had no issues with the T2.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy a lot of devices and don't have a favorite.

The original iPhone and iPhone 5 are my favorite of iOS.
Original Nexus for Android.
Nokia 920 and original Samsung Focus for WP.
Pre for WebOS.
9000, 99xx, 8700c, original Storm (yes, I enjoyed this. unlocked on AT&T), Torch 9800 for BlackBerry.

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Honestly this L920 is my favorite so far .. Its so fast and responsive and once you really start to understand how the system works .. Everything falls into place .. Beats my old evo hands down

mechashen

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My 920 has the advantage of being my most recent phone and therefore best. I do find myself very nostalgic over my Sony Ericsson w600. For a dumb phone it had a lot of great features. Swivel format and super chunky when flip phones and thin were the rage. It had a great color screen and a couple dedicated game buttons as well. I loved that phone so much.

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
For me, my phone is also a camera, so that tends to skew everything. For its UI smoothness and camera, it's the iPhone 4S. And a close second, for its industrial design and camera, the Nokia Lumia 800 (if only that screen wasn't wasn't PenTile). The trend to bigger and bigger phones is leaving me with a problem. I might have to accept a crappy camera and end up with an 8S at this rate! I think my perfect phone would be a Lumia 800 body with a lumia 920's brains, a non-PenTile screen and winphone 8 :)

rajstruck

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
@Inkytype
Couldn't agree more. I love my L800 and it's form factor. However THE perfect phone would be L800's body with L920's brain with WP8 of course.

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Palm profile needs to be activated only first time you put a SIM in. After that you can take that SIM out and the phone will work just like any iPod Touch.
Thank you! I am not sure my Palm Pre from Sprint has a SIM. I will do nothing to it when I activate my new phone and hopefully all my stuff will still be there. It will be nice to have my old texts and contacts.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I loved my Palm Pre 2. All the bugs were worked out of the original Palm Pre design, it had a gorgeous glass screen, and the slider mechanism was perfect. Outdated by today's standards, but still glorious for its time.

Of course, alas, by that time HP was running the show at Palm and took a promising tech lead and blew it chasing a smoke-and-mirrors "easy, profitable corporate IT strategy" that ended with allegations of accounting fraud at Autonomy and a $8 billion write-down. Fools.

nathanb131

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe I haven't seen a treo mentioned. For all time favorites its the Treo 650 and 680 for me. To this day I still miss the stability, battery life, multitasking(eons before iphone/android were bringing it up) and rock solid pim apps. Since then I've had a work BB(ok) and a few Androids. Typing this on a Droid 3 which is randomly deleting and inserting characters, making another simple thing a chore (par for the course).
I'll have an 8x or 822 within a few days and maybe that will be my new favorite. I suspect it will be the best non-treo modern smartphone though! My ideal device would be a palm pre body with a wp8 brain and an android appstore!.... Just to be able to have the same listpro experience I had 5 years ago and am still missing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12