Apple is trying to kill users now. Haha, kidding. Heard about the australian people getting lost

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Police in Australia have found a flaw in the Apple Maps app which could prove to be deadly for motorists, if the right action isn’t taken. It seems that Apple have put some towns in Australia 40 miles in the Outback. This is an environment that you have to be prepared for or which can be dangerous if you break down in thanks to little road side assistance.
Australian police warn iPhone users about Apple Maps

Some iPhone users of Apple Maps have found themselves in precarious situations and needing rescue and emergency crews after being found with no water.
Police said:
Some of the motorists located by police have been stranded for up to 24 hours without food or water and have walked long distances through dangerous terrain to get phone reception.
Police have contacted Apple in relation to the issue and hope the matter is rectified promptly to ensure the safety of motorists travelling to Mildura. Anyone traveling to Mildura or other locations within Victoria should rely on other forms of mapping until this matter is rectified.
Everyone has been laughing at Apple Maps since it was launched on iOS 6; however there is nothing laughable about being stranded in the outback without water and food. One has to wonder what Apple will dream up for people with the next launch of their OS. So far, Australian police have rescued half a dozen lost Apple Maps users.

Police Rescued Half Dozen Lost Apple Maps iPhone Users Already | Autoomobile

I think I heard that the city is 43 miles off in the middle of the wilderness. This is bad considering the temperature gets to 115 degrees F right now since its summer. 43 miles!!!!

this one has a image showing the offness.
http://www.cellphones.ca/news/apple-maps-users-get-lost-in-australian-wilderness/

b1cc359c8d405e541d5bec3e154d9fc4.png

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it was pretty big news in the last few days, most major news network reported it.
If you google/bing "apple maps", the Aussie incidents came up top of the list.
IPhone kills :D

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I almost kill myself when I first started to use iphone3, it dies everyday and you need a computer to bring it back on. How better can it be with a phone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3