iPhone 4 vs Lumia 920 Battery Timelapse Challenge (Video)

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
There have been many people asking us early adopters about the Lumias battery.
I think its fine, Ive never runed out and I thought it was about the same as my old iPhone 4, but some people said "No way, the iP4s battery lasted much longer".
So I did a little test.
Please note that the Lumia does NOT have the Portico update so the battery should be quite bad.
iPhone vs Lumia 920 Battery Time-lapse Challenge - YouTube

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok, then it was time well spent :)
Took all night to finish, doesnt look like much but to have three video tracks with HD takes a loooooong time for a 5 year old MBP to render.

abhibh

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Very nice video, but i think a better comparison will be with iPhone 5.

BTW why are you not running iOS5 or 6 on iPhone 4 ?

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Probably better yes, but more people own the iP4 and its not known to have a bad battery. But the main reason I used a 4 is that I dont have a 5, I bought a Lumia :)

I stoped updating by 4.3 because I was perfectly happy and didnt feel the need to get the five, everything worked fine anyway, and I didnt get iOS6 for the same reason I didnt buy an iP5. They dropped the ball imo. I still think the iPhone is a splendid phone, I just got tired and moved on.

Aggemam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Huge fan/owner of L920 myself, but in all fairness one should take into consideration that the iPhone has more miles on it, no?

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Maybe, but it is not a big deal. Ive never noticed that the battery was getting bad so if the goal was to proof that the Lumias battery isnt that bad like some say, its fine.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That video looks like it belongs on Vimeo. Nice work.

I suspect one reason I feel my battery is worse is because I use my Lumia more than I did my iPhone 4. Additionaly, the 920 does considerably more things, larger screen, higer resolution, dual core faster clock, LTE, etc.

However, I have had a couple of mysterious battery drains on my Lumia but they are not the norm.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but the fact you are comparing the 920with a 2 or 3yr old phone is sad. Not to be a douche , but it is. You should be comparing current phones with current phones. N

un hombre

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Super effect!

I don't know how you do it with battery.

Mine, at minimum screen (auto brightness) lost 13% battery in 30 minutes:

12:58 at 76%
13:29 at 63%

Using CameraPro, capturing an image every 1 minute...

Will leave the camera working for next couple of hours to have an effect, I got jealous :)

I don't think I have as good battery as you do, though, although mine does not drain or anything however I feel it is not on par with my Galaxy S2 :(

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Super effect!

I don't know how you do it with battery.

Mine, at minimum screen (auto brightness) lost 13% battery in 30 minutes:

12:58 at 76%
13:29 at 63%

Using CameraPro, capturing an image every 1 minute...

Will leave the camera working for next couple of hours to have an effect, I got jealous :)

I don't think I have as good battery as you do, though, although mine does not drain or anything however I feel it is not on par with my Galaxy S2 :(

Ok, mine was set to medium brightness, no auto and took a picture every 5 second.
Hope it gets better.

un hombre

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Omg, it gives an even bigger difference... you were taking even 12 x more images than I was, and still, you had even better battery life, on medium screen :/

I hope Portico will improve things a bit, at least... Maybe battery is not 100% good...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Amazing editing on the video! :D

Also, lack of Portico doenst really baseline mean bad battery. Ive had zero issues with my battery despite no Portico.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)