Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    There have been many people asking us early adopters about the Lumias battery.
    I think its fine, Ive never runed out and I thought it was about the same as my old iPhone 4, but some people said "No way, the iP4s battery lasted much longer".
    So I did a little test.
    Please note that the Lumia does NOT have the Portico update so the battery should be quite bad.

Global Posts
    2,911 Global Posts
    I enjoyed the video more than the actual challenge :)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Ok, then it was time well spent :)
    Took all night to finish, doesnt look like much but to have three video tracks with HD takes a loooooong time for a 5 year old MBP to render.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    The livetiles thing on the video was pretty cool!

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Very nice video, but i think a better comparison will be with iPhone 5.

BTW why are you not running iOS5 or 6 on iPhone 4 ?

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Yes, I chose between that or some sort of stale icons ;)

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Probably better yes, but more people own the iP4 and its not known to have a bad battery. But the main reason I used a 4 is that I dont have a 5, I bought a Lumia :)

I stoped updating by 4.3 because I was perfectly happy and didnt feel the need to get the five, everything worked fine anyway, and I didnt get iOS6 for the same reason I didnt buy an iP5. They dropped the ball imo. I still think the iPhone is a splendid phone, I just got tired and moved on.

Nicely done!!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Awesome video!
    Thanked by:

Huge fan/owner of L920 myself, but in all fairness one should take into consideration that the iPhone has more miles on it, no?

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Maybe, but it is not a big deal. Ive never noticed that the battery was getting bad so if the goal was to proof that the Lumias battery isnt that bad like some say, its fine.

Awesome video.
    Thanked by:

That video looks like it belongs on Vimeo. Nice work.

I suspect one reason I feel my battery is worse is because I use my Lumia more than I did my iPhone 4. Additionaly, the 920 does considerably more things, larger screen, higer resolution, dual core faster clock, LTE, etc.

However, I have had a couple of mysterious battery drains on my Lumia but they are not the norm.

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    Sorry but the fact you are comparing the 920with a 2 or 3yr old phone is sad. Not to be a ****** , but it is. You should be comparing current phones with current phones. N

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Its just to give people an idea, dont take it so hard. Read the description on youtube.
    Happy New Years!
    Thanked by:

Beautifully done regardless of the phones or outcome. I enjoyed watching it. Thanks a bunch and Happy New Year to you too.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Super effect!

I don't know how you do it with battery.

Mine, at minimum screen (auto brightness) lost 13% battery in 30 minutes:

12:58 at 76%
    13:29 at 63%

Using CameraPro, capturing an image every 1 minute...

Will leave the camera working for next couple of hours to have an effect, I got jealous :)

I don't think I have as good battery as you do, though, although mine does not drain or anything however I feel it is not on par with my Galaxy S2 :(

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un hombre View Post
    Super effect!

I don't know how you do it with battery.

Mine, at minimum screen (auto brightness) lost 13% battery in 30 minutes:

12:58 at 76%
    13:29 at 63%

Using CameraPro, capturing an image every 1 minute...

Will leave the camera working for next couple of hours to have an effect, I got jealous :)

I don't think I have as good battery as you do, though, although mine does not drain or anything however I feel it is not on par with my Galaxy S2 :(
    Ok, mine was set to medium brightness, no auto and took a picture every 5 second.
    Hope it gets better.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Omg, it gives an even bigger difference... you were taking even 12 x more images than I was, and still, you had even better battery life, on medium screen :/

I hope Portico will improve things a bit, at least... Maybe battery is not 100% good...

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    Wow! Amazing editing on the video! :D

Also, lack of Portico doenst really baseline mean bad battery. Ive had zero issues with my battery despite no Portico.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    Wow! Amazing editing on the video! :D

Also, lack of Portico doenst really baseline mean bad battery. Ive had zero issues with my battery despite no Portico.
    Yes, thought it was worth mentioning, Im thinking of maby not updating to Portico, Like with iOS 4.3, Im happy with everything so "If it aint broke dont fix it".

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I know, but how would you explain such a huge difference in battery experience for so many people?

This is a great example, I thought I had a satisfactory battery life, but after looking at Nisse's results, I am jealous.

My results: Low screen brightness, time lapse every 60 seconds, battery lost after exactly 90 minutes: 37% (From 76 to 39)
    Nisse's results: Medium screen brightness, time lapse every 5 seconds, battery lost after 120 minutes: 32% (From 100 to 68)

If you ask me, the difference is huge, especially if you take into consideration the fact, that he was on MEDIUM screen brightness, 30 minutes more processing and 12 x more pictures taken.

One thing to note is, that battery decreases slower from 100%, than from lower thresholds, but still!

You have a great battery life, seriously!

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I know, but how would you explain such a huge difference in battery experience for so many people?

This is a great example, I thought I had a satisfactory battery life, but after looking at Nisse's results, I am jealous.

My results: Low screen brightness, time lapse every 60 seconds, battery lost after exactly 90 minutes: 37% (From 76 to 39)
    Nisse's results: Medium screen brightness, time lapse every 5 seconds, battery lost after 120 minutes: 32% (From 100 to 68)

If you ask me, the difference is huge, especially if you take into consideration the fact, that he was on MEDIUM screen brightness, 30 minutes more processing and 12 x more pictures taken.

One thing to note is, that battery decreases slower from 100%, than from lower thresholds, but still!

You have a great battery life, seriously!
    Yes but maby you have more apps syncing. I have BBC, Vimeo, Metrotube, Weather and a few more but I dont have for instance Facebook or Twitter.
    And BTW does your phone sync the pictures with Skydrive?

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisse Tuta View Post
    Yes but maby you have more apps syncing. I have BBC, Vimeo, Metrotube, Weather and a few more but I dont have for instance Facebook or Twitter.
    And BTW does your phone sync the pictures with Skydrive?
    I had wifi disabled and no network connection, so if you had network on and you had syncing in the background going on, then I am starting to wonder, that maybe my battery/phone is flawed???

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I had wifi disabled and no network connection, so if you had network on and you had syncing in the background going on, then I am starting to wonder, that maybe my battery/phone is flawed???
    I had everything turned on and they where both connected to My wifi at home.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast