Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

wow that is with 808?

Quote Originally Posted by sanders2232 View Post
    wow that is with 808?
    here are more 808 night shots
    nokia 808 night - Flickr: Search

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidkoh View Post
    No problem. I usually use Auto, if it has really much trouble I usually do a few manual changes in 2 seconds and get a good picture. Are you using the flash to get the glowing eyes?
    Yes, its indoor low light situation. I can't tell my nieces to stand perfectly still for half a second to get a good photo without flash and extending exposure time. Never had a problem with any other camera phone in this situation. Am I the only person who actually takes pics of people?

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dickturpin1976 View Post
    another video recording comparison..

very good demo. I'm curious as to why the Nokia video is so spherical at slow rotation shots. seems the software is faulting? the image stabilization mostly looks odd, opposed to obvious shocks from walking in the iPhone clip.

I'd rally like to see all three cameras on a steady rig , to really show off the capabilities. it might show more problems in image quality though I'm afraid.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !

And this is more proof 808 is #1 camera phone in the world!!! I still love my 920 and I love that Nokia makes both so you know just gonna keep getting better.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    And this is more proof 808 is #1 camera phone in the world!!! I still love my 920 and I love that Nokia makes both so you know just gonna keep getting better.
    omg: 808 is bad ***!!!!
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    omg: 808 is bad ***!!!!
    How do you like the OS on the 808? I really like windows 8.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    very good demo. I'm curious as to why the Nokia video is so spherical at slow rotation shots. seems the software is faulting? the image stabilization mostly looks odd, opposed to obvious shocks from walking in the iPhone clip.

I'd rally like to see all three cameras on a steady rig , to really show off the capabilities. it might show more problems in image quality though I'm afraid.
    doesnt look "spherical" to me. actually the colors in the 920 video look more rich to me like they werent being exposed to a brightening filter.

Check out these Macro shots I took with my 920.
    wp_20121230_009.jpg
    wp_20121230_008.jpg
    wp_20121226_014.jpg
    wp_20121226_013.jpg
    Thanked by:
    maverick786us likes this.

I know this not S3 thread but figured show good comparison shot I took...

920 EV -1
    wp_20130109_010.jpg

S3 HDR mode
    20130109_100503_hdr.jpg

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Check out these Macro shots I took with my 920.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20121230_009.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	910.0 KB 
ID:	26482

Name:	WP_20121230_008.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	991.3 KB 
ID:	26483

Name:	WP_20121226_014.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	695.7 KB 
ID:	26484

Name:	WP_20121226_013.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	757.0 KB 
ID:	26485
    that 2nd pic sure does have alot of detail.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoon24 View Post
    Fluorescent lighting is definitely a problem for the 920. It almost feels like the sun is shining down on the camera lens, thus causing a "glare" effect. I noticed that my sister's Iphone 5 doesn't exaggerate that lighting nearly as much. This is a picture of me at the mall. What you see above is only meant to be the sunlight coming through a large window. Mind you, it wasn't even bright that day. Pre-Portico btw.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...Ohn6FNrEQ3vgdI

However, in terms of "real" colors, meaning how the picture color/quality wise looks compared to the real thing, I will say the 920 does a better job. You can only really tell if you're there in person to see the difference.
    NorthPark Mall?

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
    NorthPark Mall?
    that's definitely Northpark. The weird figures and white brick are hard to mistake for another mall.

Quote Originally Posted by TK2011 View Post
    Yeah i know what you mean. Samsung Focus has an option for spot metering. L920 doesn't. With CameraPro you can point your camera at the subject, lock the exposure and recompose. It's a bit different than straight spot metering but it does the same job. I think Fhotoroom has a direct spot metering option where you have indepedent control of AF and AE areas. But I'm not sure it works very well though.

Since you rec'd Camera Pro.. am I missing something here or are you locked into 4:3 ratio?? I can't seem to find a place to get to 16:9 ratio within CameraPro?

Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    Yes, its indoor low light situation. I can't tell my nieces to stand perfectly still for half a second to get a good photo without flash and extending exposure time. Never had a problem with any other camera phone in this situation. Am I the only person who actually takes pics of people?
    I don't need flash as long as there are some light sources in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by rareohs View Post
    Since you rec'd Camera Pro.. am I missing something here or are you locked into 4:3 ratio?? I can't seem to find a place to get to 16:9 ratio within CameraPro?
    There is a MP number in the upper left side. Tap on it to change the ratio.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I could care less about the iPhone shooter. I know its a good one but the Lumia shooter should stand on its own. That being said I do have the Droid DNA HTC 8 megapixel shooter to compare with and I must admit that images in most everyday lighting situations the HTC shooter produces consistently sharper images with warmer color saturation. Nokia has crafted a great camera hardware wise it just needs to tighten things up a little when it comes to post shutter release processing. Is the 920 a bad shooter? Not. At all. It can be MUCH better if Nokia locks down the pre and post processing with a firmware update.
    maverick786us and Alex Kj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thecaringkind View Post
    I could care less about the iPhone shooter. I know its a good one but the Lumia shooter should stand on its own. That being said I do have the Droid DNA HTC 8 megapixel shooter to compare with and I must admit that images in most everyday lighting situations the HTC shooter produces consistently sharper images with warmer color saturation. Nokia has crafted a great camera hardware wise it just needs to tighten things up a little when it comes to post shutter release processing. Is the 920 a bad shooter? Not. At all. It can be MUCH better if Nokia locks down the pre and post processing with a firmware update.
    Ya the HTC DNA would be nice to see some comparison shots. My buddy has one and at first glance the camera looked pretty nice!

Quote Originally Posted by TK2011 View Post
    There is a MP number in the upper left side. Tap on it to change the ratio.

d'oh!! thank you. It was nice of you to not just post this:
    moran-1.jpg

The 920 comes second in terms overall functionality of the camera... at least the way I see it.

wow that is with 808?
    It surprises me every time...its almost counter intuitive to expect such quality from a smartphone, but.. it does deliver. When people ask me "is the camera on this thing really that good?" I usually sent them this link with images I've taken in the past 6 months.. all sorts of different conditions so it kind of shows the broad range of effective usage, which I think its the strongest point.

http://sdrv.ms/VQ3eCd

How do you like the OS on the 808? I really like windows 8.
    It works for me.. I prefer it over iOS 6 overall, but I am by no means "most people" ..

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Not to ruffle any feathers here but the consistency of the i5 has me choosing it as the current smartphone camera king. I own both and its just with the 920 I am always retaking pictures. Sorry but no need to spend 2 minutes adjusting this and adjusting that just to get the right shot. I love both but prefer the convenience and reliability of the i5 camera. 920 camera is good not great. I can post a link of my thread on howardforums of my 5mp lg sv550. That was 6 years ago and it will embarrass the 920.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,220 Global Posts
    I love it how people ask about the camera in day light and people come in talking about the video or the low light mode. Not everyone is in low light all the time, you guys. People say, "look at the package or the great night shots you get!" and that may be true but not everyone is focused on those areas. People want shots that are up to par with the latest flagship phones. What may be good for you doesn't translate to other people. I love my lumia 920 but I find myself in positions in daylight where I want a good picture. I want to go to Paris in daytime and take great shots of the Eiffel tower or other monuments and not have them come out fuzzy or have the whites off. I love the lowlight performance but I want great performance overall.
    :/
    Alex Kj likes this.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    I love it how people ask about the camera in day light and people come in talking about the video or the low light mode. Not everyone is in low light all the time, you guys. People say, "look at the package or the great night shots you get!" and that may be true but not everyone is focused on those areas. People want shots that are up to par with the latest flagship phones. What may be good for you doesn't translate to other people. I love my lumia 920 but I find myself in positions in daylight where I want a good picture. I want to go to Paris in daytime and take great shots of the Eiffel tower or other monuments and not have them come out fuzzy or have the whites off. I love the lowlight performance but I want great performance overall.
    :/
    That is just exactly how I feel.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    See it with your own eyes everyone. This was six years ago. Sorry but as of right now Nokia does not deserve the title and all camerphone comparison reviews agree as well.
    http://www.howardforums.com/printthr...t=857088&pp=15

Quote Originally Posted by Aldiggi View Post
    Not to ruffle any feathers here but the consistency of the i5 has me choosing it as the current smartphone camera king. I own both and its just with the 920 I am always retaking pictures. Sorry but no need to spend 2 minutes adjusting this and adjusting that just to get the right shot. I love both but prefer the convenience and reliability of the i5 camera. 920 camera is good not great. I can post a link of my thread on howardforums of my 5mp lg sv550. That was 6 years ago and it will embarrass the 920.

Not sure what you are talking about. People don't need to adjust this and that to get good shots with the 920. There are hundreds of great photos here and on flickr that prove that. It's just couple folks here and there talking about using finer controls to get the most out of it. You should expect people talking about things like that in a forum like this.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast