Camera comparision between Lumia 920 and iPhone 5

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you are talking about. People don't need to adjust this and that to get good shots with the 920. There are hundreds of great photos here and on flickr that prove that. It's just couple folks here and there talking about using finer controls to get the most out of it. You should expect people talking about things like that in a forum like this.

TK do not get me wrong the 920 is very capable. They just need to tidy things up somewhat. I have taken many great pictures and have shared them here with everyone but I find myself unsatisfied sometimes with my landscape shots.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I love it how people ask about the camera in day light and people come in talking about the video or the low light mode. Not everyone is in low light all the time, you guys. People say, "look at the package or the great night shots you get!" and that may be true but not everyone is focused on those areas. People want shots that are up to par with the latest flagship phones. What may be good for you doesn't translate to other people. I love my lumia 920 but I find myself in positions in daylight where I want a good picture. I want to go to Paris in daytime and take great shots of the Eiffel tower or other monuments and not have them come out fuzzy or have the whites off. I love the lowlight performance but I want great performance overall.
:/
So you are not getting as good shots as other people's posted here? Post the problematic pictures and maybe we can help. Most times it's user error but maybe you got a dud.

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So you are not getting as good shots as other people's posted here? Post the problematic pictures and maybe we can help. Most times it's user error but maybe you got a dud.

Def not user error TK been shooting for awhile now. The 920 has its flaws and 920 owners just need to own up to it for now that's all.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Def not user error TK been shooting for awhile now. The 920 has its flaws and 920 owners just need to own up to it for now that's all.

All cameras have flaws. Every single one of them. Not just phone cameras but expensive DSLRs too. You go any DSLR forum and a significant portion of discussions are about faults. Typically a good half of those "flaws" are just due to user errors or having wrong expectations. The other half are real flaws. If you are lucky, those real flaws are pretty minor and can be worked around. IMO, the 920 falls into this category. And oh yes, there is some user errors and having too high expectations here too. But that's expected especially since many here are not photographers.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

the thing i own up to is i'm happy with my lumia 920's camera. it works well in low light, daytime, video's are high quality with very little blur. that's all i care about. i for sure didnt waste my money when buying this phone. that's what i own up to.

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
These are just simple expectations people are having coming from great camera phones like the iPhone 4S and up and android devices like the s3, note 2 and one x's. It just falls short to those guys that's all a lot of people like myself are comparing the 920 to phones like them. What was your last phone before the 920 TK? Sorry but I am not expecting the 920 to shoot like a Nikon D4 but at least on par or better as they claimed.

Sent from my 64gig "New" iPad using Tapatalk

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
i'd believe this if you werent sending these pics from your ipad. looks like the 920 got post processed.

I uploaded these straight from the pad. Saved the actual file size from skydrive into the pad and uploaded it.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
These are just simple expectations people are having coming from great camera phones like the iPhone 4S and up and android devices like the s3, note 2 and one x's. It just falls short to those guys that's all a lot of people like myself are comparing the 920 to phones like them. What was your last phone before the 920 TK? Sorry but I am not expecting the 920 to shoot like a Nikon D4 but at least on par or better as they claimed.

i own a gs3. the gs3 is without a doubt alot harder to take a spur of the moment pic unlike the lumia 920. any movement on the gs3 will absolutely ruin the pic. lumia 920 you can move a lil bit and still get a good shot. with all the comparisons that have been made between the gs3 and 920 pics, it's hard to tell who is the winner in daytime photo's. i feel like i'm being trolled. heh.

Dregur

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm just going to put a link to this my skydrive which I've posted before, but I've added more daylight photos that weren't just of sunsets and sunrises. Many of these were true snapshots, no adjustments made or post-processed.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D9583E23BEBD1756!111&authkey=!AD0zId4kTRYDbS4

Shooting pictures can be hit and miss on every camera. I'm not entirely sure why you're not getting the results you want, honestly.

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
i own a gs3. the gs3 is without a doubt alot harder to take a spur of the moment pic unlike the lumia 920. any movement on the gs3 will absolutely ruin the pic. lumia 920 you can move a lil bit and still get a good shot. with all the comparisons that have been made between the gs3 and 920 pics, it's hard to tell who is the winner in daytime photo's. i feel like i'm being trolled. heh.

Not at all buddy no troll here. 920 is great just not the best. That's all I am stating here. I'm happy cant complain just will be much happier once they polish things out.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Not at all buddy no troll here. 920 is great just not the best. That's all I am stating here. I'm happy cant complain just will be much happier once they polish things out.

you're happy cant complain, except......you're complaining. lol. ok.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
it's hard to tell who is the winner in daytime photo's. i feel like i'm being trolled. heh.

That's the whole point I've beem trying to make. In daylight they (meaning latest iphone/SG3/920) are all pretty good and similar. Difference if any is very small. In some shots you will find A better than B. In another shot, it's B over A. The real decising factor then becomes shooter's knowledge and skill. In low light, it's a different story - Lumia blows them away.

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just saying my 808 blows them all out of the water. Being the owner of both the 808 and NL920. - I'll say the softness in daylight isn't a deal breaker, because the night pictures rival just about everything below dslr. I have to work out the right settings and get a tripod out to compete with my 808. And as stated earlier. My 808 smokes the iPhone 5 and GS 3 cameras without even trying

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Just saying my 808 blows them all out of the water. Being the owner of both the 808 and NL920. - I'll say the softness in daylight isn't a deal breaker, because the night pictures rival just about everything below dslr. I have to work out the right settings and get a tripod out to compete with my 808. And as stated earlier. My 808 smokes the iPhone 5 and GS 3 cameras without even trying
ya the 808 is amazing, it's almost not fair..haha

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
i5 has me choosing it as the current smartphone camera king.

Its actually quite far from it...

Its consistency in daylight photographs is equally matched with its inconsistency at night time...

ya the 808 is amazing, it's almost not fair..haha

Its not.

Just from a hardware perspective, the sensor and the optics on the 808 alone are thicker than the gs3/ip5/920, there is one extra GPU which is built into the camera module itself with one single purpose.. image processing, you have a Xenon flash with not one, but two capacitors, and we have a mechanical shutter. So just from that perspective alone.. nothing else on the market has the "means" to even compete.

Then we have all the work Nokia did on the software side to make it all function properly...

If you think about in terms of size vs. image quality ratio, the 808 is the only device (smartphone or a dedicated camera) that can offer you that kind of quality from such a compact system.. non of the P&S even come close from that perspective. Its a pretty substantial engineering breakthrough... one of those that don't come along very often in the mobile phone industry.

If any other company had this technology at their disposal, they would have proclaimed themselves as the best imaging company in the world, there will be a VAST marketing campaign behind it, and they will be trying their best to sell it. Nokia is doing the exact opposite... just because everything else is going so well for them I guess...

Like..if Apple had it.. they will parade around the globe, and within 2 years they will crush the point and shoot market..

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Nokia is king. 808 is still the camera phone to rule them all. The only reason the Lumia 920 dissapoins is cause the pureview bar was sett so ridiculously high by it's Symbian predecessor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb