Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Napocensis View Post
    True, I did not specify I was assigning only 1 and 0, I only said my method was still simplistic.

Your method of assigning points on a scale from 1 to 10 works, as long as you apply it correctly (you either have unbalanced weights or you assigned a score of 4 instead of 1).
    The correct way is:

i5: 10pt x 60% + 1pt x 10% + 1pt x 10%+ 1pt x 10%+ 1pt x 10%= 6.4

L920: 1pt x 60% + 10pt x 10%+ 10pt x 10%+ 10pt x 10%+ 10pt x 10%= 4.6

As you can see, i5 wins. Again, weights and scores will differ from user to user.
    Since this topic is more appropriate for Math Central than WP Central, I call it quit.
    Cheers.
    Yeah sorry I set it up all wrong in that example, I was not calculating what I said I was in the text ;), but you get the point I was making either way.

Anyhow, the Lumia 920 is not terrible when it comes to daylight photography to be honest. It might not be as good as the iPhone 5 but it's still pretty good.

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesCK1 View Post
    Amazing how well the 920 performs in motion. If you pause the video at certain moments you can really see how well details are preserved by the 920 during motion while the i5 and Nexus blur out pretty badly, could be a combination of OIS and the wider aperture allowing more light and faster framerate. Blacks are beautiful as well making the colors and details pop on the L920.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...pse03877eb.png

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6ad53701.png

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...psf22c6f8a.png

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...ps56d9a56d.png
    Amazing. In each and every area Lumia 920 has outperformed iPhone 5 by big big margin, there is only one area left that is normal daylight. Imagine next formware upgrade which makes normal day light pics miles better than iPhone 5, it will be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by paulxxwall View Post
    And no not a short term for Puerto rico
    Sorry my intention was not to offend. We all live in IT / Tech world and in Tech world people have the habit of combining 2 letter words and make it short.
    (Gaming Rig)
    CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
    Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
    RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
    HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
    GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
    Case..............................................CM 690
    Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
    O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64

Global Posts
    904 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Michael View Post
    Just saying my 808 blows them all out of the water. Being the owner of both the 808 and NL920. - I'll say the softness in daylight isn't a deal breaker, because the night pictures rival just about everything below dslr. I have to work out the right settings and get a tripod out to compete with my 808. And as stated earlier. My 808 smokes the iPhone 5 and GS 3 cameras without even trying
    Mannnn, I can't wait to get my hands on an 808. Hopefully the hardware is good enough to last until I get one off craigslist, a year or so from now ;-)
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !

This is why the day light photo of Lumia 920 is not as sharp as iPhone 5, because Lumia 920 camera lens comes with F2.0 but iPhone 5 comes with F2.4
    So iPhone 5 would be SLIGHTLY sharper

From this article:

Variable aperturewill it happen with mobile phones?

Aperture refers to the iris in the lens and how open (or closed) it can be when taking photos. When the iris is opened to the max, it results in a lower F-Stop, which on the Lumia 920 is a F2.0. The more open the iris, the more light it lets in, which is what we need for low-light photography. The downside is a lower F-stop results in a softer image with less sharpness.

Most real cameras have this number as a variable ranging from F2.0 up to F16 or something in between and it automatically increase when you zoom in on your subject. High end DSLRs often shoot at F1.4, though those lenses are very expensive.

But when it comes to mobile phones, fixed apertures are the norm despite advantages of being able to manipulate that setting e.g. landscape shots in the middle of the day, where a higher F-stop gives you a sharper image. Like anything else though there are tradeoffs when it comes to mobile and so far Nokia does not see physical variable apertures happening anytime soon due issues with sharpness and other complications.

Source: Discussing cameras and the future of Windows Phone with Nokia

This below shot is not related to the topic, but I just want to show the F2.0 night shot compare to F2.4 on iPhone 5

2013_01_12_00_46_01.jpg
    Thanked by:
    maverick786us likes this.

Lets see some more comparison shots!;)

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I dont know about comparisons, but this picture I took today looks pretty darn good to me.

http://sdrv.ms/USJMpg
    Last edited by eortizr; 01-12-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    imageuploadedbytapatalk1357968884.827887.jpg
    imageuploadedbytapatalk1357968915.851737.jpg
    imageuploadedbytapatalk1357968942.202065.jpg
    imageuploadedbytapatalk1357968998.285166.jpg
    imageuploadedbytapatalk1357969022.168508.jpg
    imageuploadedbytapatalk1357969044.718480.jpg
    These are shots from the i5. Just for your eyes to compare. The 920 does hold its own in the camera phone ring.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Pretty good shots from the i5, got any pictures close to compare with 920?

I saw many threads here said iPhone 5 daylight photo is better than Lumia 920, in fact it's sharper, but it's SLIGHTLY sharper. Let's see if iPhone 5 got 10/10 points of daylight sharpened photo, Lumia 920 will get 9/10 points. But the important that, iPhone 5 does sharper only outdoor daylight photo, other than that Lumia 920 wins.

I don't know what the basis do people here use to compare both phones' cameras. For me, I am owning both Nokia Lumia 920 and iPhone 5. So my basis of comparing this two phones is my everyday of use. I can say that by hardware design and materials, Lumia 920 is better than iPhone 5, even it's bigger, thicker, and heavier, but it's still outshine the iPhone 5. Yes, iPhone 5 is made by elegance material like soiled alluminium, but the touch sensation of Poly-carbonate featured in Lumia is so much better. This is not included camera, wireless charge, NFC, bluetooth file transfer, HD+ Pureview with super sensitive touch display. So overall hard were Lumia 920 exeptional better than the iPhone 5. However, in term of the OS and Apps support, iPhone 5 wins without a comparison.

Come back to the camera and my everyday routines. Most people here said that more than 60% of photo they took in the middle of the day, daylight condition. I don't deny that, but let's think over, are all the 60% of the day photos are taken outdoor under the sunlight in the daylight condition? No right, as I mentioned above, iPhone 5 does better sharpened photo only outdoor, all the indoor photo is produce the same rank of Lumia 920, and in some indoor condition Lumia 920 does better, i.e. in your house, kitchen, bedroom, office, coffee shop, restaurant, subway, etc. So even in day time, you are still taking few photos under the sunlight daylight outdoor stuffs. That's is why I rated my Lumia 920 outshine my iPhone 5 in term of Hardware and Materials, and iPhone 5 is the king of OS and Apps.

These are some photos taken by Lumia 920

wp_20121217_009.jpg

Original Skydrive files here:
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...J3S1dQd31bw4Cs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Fitu Pham; 01-12-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    Thanked by:
    maverick786us and JW888 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitu Pham View Post
    I saw many threads here said iPhone 5 daylight photo is better than Lumia 920, in fact it's sharper, but it's SLIGHTLY sharper. Let's see if iPhone 5 got 10/10 points of daylight sharpened photo, Lumia 920 will get 9/10 points. But the important that, iPhone 5 does sharper only outdoor daylight photo, other than that Lumia 920 wins.

I don't know what the basis do people here use to compare both phones' cameras. For me, I am owning both Nokia Lumia 920 and iPhone 5. So my basis of comparing this two phones is my everyday of use. I can say that by hardware design and materials, Lumia 920 is better than iPhone 5, even it's bigger, thicker, and heavier, but it's still outshine the iPhone 5. Yes, iPhone 5 is made by elegance material like soiled alluminium, but the touch sensation of Poly-carbonate featured in Lumia is so much better. This is not included camera, wireless charge, NFC, bluetooth file transfer, HD+ Pureview with super sensitive touch display. So overall hard were Lumia 920 exeptional better than the iPhone 5. However, in term of the OS and Apps support, iPhone 5 wins without a comparison.

Come back to the camera and my everyday routines. Most people here said that more than 60% of photo they took in the middle of the day, daylight condition. I don't deny that, but let's think over, are all the 60% of the day photos are taken outdoor under the sunlight in the daylight condition? No right, as I mentioned above, iPhone 5 does better sharpened photo only outdoor, all the indoor photo is produce the same rank of Lumia 920, and in some indoor condition Lumia 920 does better, i.e. in your house, kitchen, bedroom, office, coffee shop, restaurant, subway, etc. So even in day time, you are still taking few photos under the sunlight daylight outdoor stuffs. That's is why I rated my Lumia 920 outshine my iPhone 5 in term of Hardware and Materials, and iPhone 5 is the king of OS and Apps.

These are some photos taken by Lumia 920

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/12/ejemepah.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/12/nasuja6e.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/12/usu9yqum.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/12/u7ynu5u8.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/12/da9yzy7u.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/12/a7a2evy4.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/12/y4e3ezuh.jpg

Original Skydrive files here:
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...J3S1dQd31bw4Cs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I totally agree that close-ups by L920 are great. And so are low light pictures.
    I only checked few pages in the sticky “Pictures/videos taken with my L920” and almost all the pictures I saw were close-ups or low light. People just don’t have great daylight outdoor pictures with sharp images of objects with defined lines. Ocean waves and clouds may be pretty, but do not make good subjects for sharpness.

Your close-up pictures are excellent, other than the food which I do not feel like it :-). However, I find the pictures with the balloons terrible. Sorry if I sound too harsh, but I can’t find anything sharp and clear in this picture: the leafs, the little gazebo to the right, the balloons and cables are all bleeding color and are blurry. Only the top-centre balloon looks good. I just don’t get why you would post this picture, it does not support your position…
    Last edited by Napocensis; 01-12-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I5
    imageuploadedbytapatalk1358008155.790050.jpg
    imageuploadedbytapatalk1358008174.545991.jpg
    All auto and at 4:3

Someone said lets be honest most shots are during the day outside but I disagree. I work all day and 85% of my shots are indoors in low light so 920 really is the camera for me. I mostly take pictures of my family(kids) and the 920 does fantastic job in these conditions.

Outdoor shot cloudy day all auto on 7th floor of building.
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...D7GEU9lWr-el5k

You got the point, not just go by only good sun light, should go by overall..........Lumia 920 win........

Why we have to compare with Iphone5. Iphone5 is a good phone, but not the best phone on the smart phone market.......Camera is not as smart as Lumia 920.

Quote Originally Posted by Napocensis View Post
    I totally agree that close-ups by L920 are great. And so are low light pictures.
    I only checked few pages in the sticky “Pictures/videos taken with my L920” and almost all the pictures I saw were close-ups or low light. People just don’t have great daylight outdoor pictures with sharp images of objects with defined lines. Ocean waves and clouds may be pretty, but do not make good subjects for sharpness.

Your close-up pictures are excellent, other than the food which I do not feel like it :-). However, I find the pictures with the balloons terrible. Sorry if I sound too harsh, but I can’t find anything sharp and clear in this picture: the leafs, the little gazebo to the right, the balloons and cables are all bleeding color and are blurry. Only the top-centre balloon looks good. I just don’t get why you would post this picture, it does not support your position…
    OMG, I just chose the wrong photo, I just edited the thread. The last picture should be blur because I took it with my shaky hands, sorry for that. As I mentioned, the outdoor photo will not be as sharp as i5 but it's still consider a nice quality photo, not that bad as most people try to put on it.
    At you questioned that the leaves are so blur, yes they are, because the camera focused on the nearest balloon so most of the stuffs at the back were out of focus and it became blurry.
    Thanks for comment ^^

Close ups will always look better than landscape shots in terms of quality...

Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    Mannnn, I can't wait to get my hands on an 808. Hopefully the hardware is good enough to last until I get one off craigslist, a year or so from now ;-)
    Ebay is your best bet..

The 808 is a premium built.. even the internals are very well protected, every chip on the main board has a heat shield on it...it never gets hot, which is also good for the battery. So.. it will be fine even if you buy one in 2-3 years time.

808 preview is amazing camera but I don't think I could live without windows 8.

Nokia 808 with WP8 or iPhone 5s with the 808 sensor + OIS would be perfect ... with Stereo mics included. :)

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Which is why I got my Lumia 920 first, then got a 808 after, Symbian is a pain. But for real, this is the best Phone. Amazing call quality, amazing sounds(both speaker and headphones), and amazing build quality topped off with the game changing camera that transcends every p&s and starts rivaling dslrs. But it ain't a smartphone, Symbian is horrible for social networking and web browsing. Thankfully my wp8 does those things very well :)

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Michael View Post
    Which is why I got my Lumia 920 first, then got a 808 after, Symbian is a pain. But for real, this is the best Phone. Amazing call quality, amazing sounds(both speaker and headphones), and amazing build quality topped off with the game changing camera that transcends every p&s and starts rivaling dslrs. But it ain't a smartphone, Symbian is horrible for social networking and web browsing. Thankfully my wp8 does those things very well :)
    I sold my 920 and use my iPhone 5 for everything except concert taping and situations where brilliant photos are needed. This is where my Nokia 808 kicks in. Yes, as you said, browsing and social networking on the 808 is pain in the ... :)!

It sucks for facebook, but for twitter ... Gravity works very well. On web browser, the only way to make it work nicely is to turn off flash and java ...

As a smartphone.. I prefer over my iPhone 5.. it just depends on what is important for you, and your specific usage.

multitasking

general use

Considering that the 808 is running on an ancient ARM11 cpu ... pretty impressive performance.

I will enjoy my 920 for now cause you know in 1 year there will be a new model. I'm expecting some more camera updates too....but if I could get 808 running windows 8 I would take it!

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    BTW, are the 808 owners in here part of the pureview community? http://forum.pureviewclub.com/

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    Yesterday night I took some videos in the darkness. To my surprise. In photo mode the image enhancer worked quite well but while taking videos it didn't work. It doesn't even switch flash light. How can I enable flash and Image Enhancer while taking night time videos in the darkness?
    (Gaming Rig)
    CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
    Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
    RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
    HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
    GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
    Case..............................................CM 690
    Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
    O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast