Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Global Posts
    839 Global Posts
    It is stated that with recent firmware upgrade Lumia 920 takes decent snaps in normal light condition. Now my question is, in comparision to iPhone 5 how good are daylight pics? I know that in low light it always outperformed iPhone 5
    (Gaming Rig)
    CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
    Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
    RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
    HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
    GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
    Case..............................................CM 690
    Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
    O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64

I don't have the iPhone5 and also awaiting to see the comparison ^ ^.

But for me, it's do improved and it's great.
    maverick786us likes this.

Global Posts
    839 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ton_pkt View Post
    I don't have the iPhone5 and also awaiting to see the comparison ^ ^.

But for me, it's do improved and it's great.
    I've read numerous threads about the improvement. So says there is a significant improvement, some says its exagguration. But there is no real comparision with iPhone 5S and Galaxy S3
    (Gaming Rig)
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    But doesn't the comparison of these three phones go well beyond the camera? Without using the iPhone 5 or S3, I'll go out on a limb to say both have good cameras. I know the 920 has a good camera.

Would someone opt for an OS that was marginal simply because the camera is better. I just don't see many saying, "The OS sucks but the camera rocks!"
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    I was put to shame yesterday by an S3. The picture (same picture) looked SOOOO much more brighter and cleaner on his phone than my 920. Everyone else around agreed.

I was most embarrassed :(

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Fluorescent lighting is definitely a problem for the 920. It almost feels like the sun is shining down on the camera lens, thus causing a "glare" effect. I noticed that my sister's Iphone 5 doesn't exaggerate that lighting nearly as much. This is a picture of me at the mall. What you see above is only meant to be the sunlight coming through a large window. Mind you, it wasn't even bright that day. Pre-Portico btw.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...Ohn6FNrEQ3vgdI

However, in terms of "real" colors, meaning how the picture color/quality wise looks compared to the real thing, I will say the 920 does a better job. You can only really tell if you're there in person to see the difference.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    They all beat the 920 in real life situations. About the only thing Nokia has going for it is low light. How often do you use your camera at night? I'm still waiting for update to get Nokia camera software off my phone so I can use during the other 90% of the time I use my camera, indoor and daytime photos. Camera was all hype to sell phones. Its no better than others and worse than some in real world situations.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    They all beat the 920 in real life situations. About the only thing Nokia has going for it is low light. How often do you use your camera at night? I'm still waiting for update to get Nokia camera software off my phone so I can use during the other 90% of the time I use my camera, indoor and daytime photos. Camera was all hype to sell phones. Its no better than others and worse than some in real world situations.
    I'll be working a lot in low light tbh. Especially as I'm starting a new course soon so will be back at uni and will want a few nights out. Have you been to Bradford? The photos on my titan are dark on it. And on the Torch they were near enough unusable.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    I was put to shame yesterday by an S3. The picture (same picture) looked SOOOO much more brighter and cleaner on his phone than my 920. Everyone else around agreed.

Apparentlythe 920 doesn't render the picture as well on the camera. You need to compare the pics on a computer.
    ttsoldier likes this.

Global Posts
    839 Global Posts
    Disappointing, looks like we have to wait for another firmware update. But that won't change my mind to switch to any other gadget
    (Gaming Rig)

It's definitely not the optics because Lumia 920 trumps any phone taking HD video imo.

Here's a comparison between the L920 and iPhone 5 and to me the L920 looks a lot sharper, especially when I view it on my 64" Samsung HDTV.

Quote Originally Posted by pdskep View Post
    Apparentlythe 920 doesn't render the picture as well on the camera. You need to compare the pics on a computer.

Next time he should try sending a skydrive link to open both photos on the same phone (texting compresses the **** out of pics) then they can compare using the same device since I too believe the image is not displayed as sharp as it really is, and unless you view it on the PC, it could be deceiving.

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post

try to use auto fix in edit options, quick and you will get brighter picture.
    Low light + the video recording along with the audio!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I don't have an iPhone 5 to compare it with, but here are some of the horrible, terrible, awful, ugly, blurry daytime pics I took with my 920 BEFORE the software update:

frvyk.jpg
    n4xay.jpg
    oodhi.jpg
    vrea5.jpg
    nx5dx.jpg

Sorry to subject you guys to these awful daytime pictures from my 920. I know they are so bad I should probably have tagged them as NWS.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    You're not too swift, are ya?

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    I don't have an iPhone 5 to compare it with, but here are some of the horrible, terrible, awful, ugly, blurry daytime pics I took with my 920 BEFORE the software update:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fRVYK.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	26334

Name:	N4XaY.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	227.3 KB 
ID:	26335

Name:	OoDhi.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	26336

Name:	VrEa5.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	26337

Name:	nX5DX.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	26339

Sorry to subject you guys to these awful daytime pictures from my 920. I know they are so bad I should probably have tagged them as NWS.
    OMG! MY boss was passing behind me when I was looking at these pictures!! Come on man. Really, heads up next time.

Horrible pictures!
    Thanked by:
    bawboh86 likes this.

Name:	fRVYK.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	26334

Name:	N4XaY.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	227.3 KB 
ID:	26335

Name:	OoDhi.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	26336

Name:	VrEa5.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	26337

Name:	nX5DX.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	26339

Pardon my ignorance, but you're being sarcastic right...coz i really liked these pics!
    Thanked by:

I would say the indoor shots (as with most camera phones) are really where my phone struggles.

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniruddh Sharma View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but you're being sarcastic right...coz i really liked these pics!
    Lol. Yes, he's being sarcastic. It seems like some people are trying to be Negative Nancy's and say that any pic taken by the Lumia 920 in good lighting comes out bad.
    Thanked by:
    Aniruddh Sharma likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniruddh Sharma View Post
    Yeah he's being sarcastic mate. Looking forward to getting the 920 though as the pics look fantastic.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    When you think 'low light', don't make the mistake of thinking 'at night'
    Often times, indoor light is considered low light. In Canada, after 4pm is considered low light.
    What you can see with your eyes is not the same thing a camera sees.

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    You're not too swift, are ya?
    Swift enough to know camera from my Razr Max and 9810 have delivered far better and more consistent photos over the years than both 920s I've owned. Thank you for being such an a**.

I found auto usually aren't the best at finding the right settings, just need to use the manual settings to set ISO/exposure and so on and it can produce nice pictures.

Here's a good comparison for both photo and video between i5, L920 and S3 that I found on Youtube.

Well done comparison althoug I don't know if this was done pre portico update:

Thanked by:
    Mach_E likes this.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast