Hear ye! Hear ye! I bring good tidings!.. I guess!.

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerry 10 installed base, 2013: 10M; Windows Phone: 45M | BGR

Some analyst says that both BB10 will grow to 20 million this year, and Windows Phone to 40 million this year.

I dunno, I kinda have to take my pickings and find any good news I get. This is fantastic news, the first good article I've read about WP so far this year. And TheVerge is usually pretty down on WP, so that sucks.

I do agree though that the younger kids will eventually decide and win over the older iOS generation.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
BlackBerry 10 installed base, 2013: 10M; Windows Phone: 45M | BGR

Some analyst says that both BB10 will grow to 20 million this year, and Windows Phone to 40 million this year.

I dunno, I kinda have to take my pickings and find any good news I get. This is fantastic news, the first good article I've read about WP so far this year. And TheVerge is usually pretty down on WP, so that sucks.

I do agree though that the younger kids will eventually decide and win over the older iOS generation.

WP would have to sell 10.5 m per quarter, to achieve bgr prediction.

BB would have to sell 2.5 m per quarter.

Look at current, real sales for both platforms. It ain't gonna happen. Oh, and when you link to blogs with bs predictions, you're fanning their fire. Leave them in the cold, and give the real sales stats a bone instead.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
We can't take a safe bet on some of these studies. Certainly they're a good sign though, and putting them all together they show a mighty big rise for windows phone to 3rd Place.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
We can't take a safe bet on some of these studies. Certainly they're a good sign though, and putting them all together they show a mighty big rise for windows phone to 3rd Place.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

A few years ago the predictions said wp7 would have 15% of the total market, not just third place. That was the hype machine working.

Today's hype machine limits predictions more reasonably to third place.... but forgets about competition.

There might be some wild announcement that's positive for wp during the superbowl. If there isn't, enjoy a solid 3-5% for the future, cause that's it.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
A few years ago the predictions said wp7 would have 15% of the total market, not just third place. That was the hype machine working.

Today's hype machine limits predictions more reasonably to third place.... but forgets about competition.

There might be some wild announcement that's positive for wp during the superbowl. If there isn't, enjoy a solid 3-5% for the future, cause that's it.
So you're saying the future of Windows Phone is solely based upon a Super Bowl spot? I knew the NFL was popular, but I had no idea it's influence was felt around the world.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
So you're saying the future of Windows Phone is solely based upon a Super Bowl spot? I knew the NFL was popular, but I had no idea it's influence was felt around the world.

Unfortunately, US 'football' is make or break for industries, here. There has been a good deal of success in selling to the people that like packing stadiums, and couches.

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I forgot about WP and the Superbowl! I do know that they're going to make a BB10 commercial for the Superbowl, and some London firm made it, that did the Guinness "Surfer" commercial.

That said, if they come out with a pure Microsoft Windows Phone 8 commercial, it'd be a BIG boon for them. Nokia doing a commercial would be cool, but they need to promote the Whole OS, and increase promotion for HTC and have Sony and ASUS have even more incentive to jump on our platform sooner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster