Constantly getting owned by an s3, how do i defend myself ?

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Avatar is not the be all end all of display tests. As others have said, some displays have more saturated colors than others. In many cases too much saturation is a bad thing. Pictures of people for example don't look good when the colors are way off. Do another test with a picture of some hot model chick. She will probably look orange like snookie from jersey shore on the S3. ;)

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You can also just stop caring what other people think of your choice of mobile phone, and realize a pissing match between phone specs is really lame.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You are getting confused between over saturated colours that are not natural and what catches your eye.

The S3 with SuperAMOLED has deep blacks but unnaturally bright colours of every other kind. The S3 is just more eye catching but it isn't realistic.

So that test really depends on what you want from a display, which is bright over the top colours that pop or realistic colours that look like real life.
Definitely true - it all depends on preference. If you go into a store and compare the Lumia 920 to a Lumia 820... you might find you prefer the Lumia 820 because of the brightness of the AMOLED and how it affects the saturation of colors - general consensus seems to be much brighter colors on the 820 (or any of its variants). PPI isn't going to affect that whatsoever... I think it's just the screen technology in general, not number of pixels. Galaxy S3 is AMOLED.. or Super AMOLED (that may just be marketing.. not sure though) so it's going to be brighter with more saturated colors. (Fairly sure the Lumia 900 has the same screen as the 820 and look at it compared to 920 in terms of color saturation: Nokia Lumia 920 vs. Lumia 900 Hardware Comparison - BWOne.com - YouTube)

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You would think the most innovative smartphone would trump all its rivals, i constantly get into friendly fights with my cousin and so far I'm the one with a stick in my ass.

So far I've won in the max volume round, touch test, photography test,looks test.

Failed in the reboot test, browser test, movie test, & weight test

But was seriously let down by the hd screen on the lumia, The avatar movie on the S3 looked amazing, satturated colours on the s3 seems to have done the job very well.

Are there any nice features which an lumia 920/WP8 Can do that a S3/Android cannot ?

What was that browser test ? ... You should beat S3 easily in SunSpider browser test:

SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark

TofuDelight

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Of course we lose the reboot challenge -- we don't have to reboot as often, they must get more practice with it! ��

screen test: See which looks better outside in full sunlight. See who can use it better with gloves on.

local scout. Bing vision to scan book or dvd covers. Scan and translate text. How fast to id a song - 2 taps (search + music). Cinemagraph. Smart photo to remove moving objects.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Well basic science dictates the heavier the phone, the more damage it's likely to take if it falls. Both the S3 and L920 are equally as durable.

The heavier the phone, the greater its inertia. Having greater inertia will only ensure that you need more kinetic energy against it to stop it after a free fall. It doesn't dictate necessarily if the object itself will shatter first. With an object of infinite mass, the impact to the object it hits, will be so immense that most likely due to infinite inertia required to stop the object, it will go through anything that comes in its way.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
"Weight test" with 920 vs. S3. If you ask me, 920 wins. I dont like big phones that are really light at the same time. It feels like a toy. Actually, no. Even Fisher Price toy phone weight more :D So it's even beyond a toy! :D

And S3 is a great device most certainly. If 920 would beat it in every aspect I guess 920 was the most sold smartphone up to date? :p

chetan_merchant

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
920 wins over S3 in following aspects..
Looks
Build
Music quality
Lock screen apps
Kids corner
Faster browsing
Low light photos
Image stabilization during video recording
Lenses

920 looses to S3 in following...
Daylight photos
Multi-tasking
Battery life
File management
Wifi direct

Both phones are excellent in their own regards but 920 inches ahead because of above mentioned features and UI..when I say UI I mean the swiftness, freshness and app integration, e.g you launch peoples hub and you are already,working in Facebook and twitter..similarly you open music and already have the other related apps linked there...

Windows phone 8 OS is not a finished product yet...wait for the first couple of major updates and difference would be apparent

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering... How did you watch Avatar on your phone? in other words how did you get the file on your phone?

I have Avatar on my phone (Avatar 2009 DVDRip XviD.avi), size 1,5 Gb, moved by USB cable to cp ... and I look it by "Music + Videos" apps ...

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
(I realise this *is* WP-fans-central but...)

How about you just admit that the GS3 is a pretty awesome device and move on?
I love my Lumia, and WP8 is arguably good, but let's just admit that it has shortcomings. A lot of them.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
(I realise this *is* WP-fans-central but...)

How about you just admit that the GS3 is a pretty awesome device and move on?
I love my Lumia, and WP8 is arguably good, but let's just admit that it has shortcomings. A lot of them.

GS3 is pretty awesome device (subjective opinion) but it isn't any better than Lumia 920 as a device (subjective opinion 2) - hence a discussion.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3