Constantly getting owned by an s3, how do i defend myself ?

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You would think the most innovative smartphone would trump all its rivals, i constantly get into friendly fights with my cousin and so far I'm the one with a stick in my ass.

So far I've won in the max volume round, touch test, photography test,looks test.

Failed in the reboot test, browser test, movie test, & weight test

But was seriously let down by the hd screen on the lumia, The avatar movie on the S3 looked amazing, satturated colours on the s3 seems to have done the job very well.

Are there any nice features which an lumia 920/WP8 Can do that a S3/Android cannot ?

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Easy .... challenge them into the drop test from the shoulder down to the floor. They will stop bothering you after that.

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Cinemagraph
Photobeamer
Lockscreen live wallpapers
Kid's corner
Rooms.

There's an similar app in android market, though not comparably good but still gets the job done, circle the parts that you want to be moved, and there, you've got a gif, though i'm not sure if you can save it as an image on the PC.

Photobeamer, yeah! forgot about that, can anyone confirm that there's no similar app in android coz i'm pretty sure there might be one.

Lockscreen wallpapers gets countered with wallpapers.

Kid's corner, I'll try that, though I'v never used it probably because i never give my 920 to anyone! :D

Never understood rooms, maybe i'll check that out too!

Thanks!

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
were you both on the same wifi network for the browser test?
you really shouldnt be getting 'owned'' as the browsers are pretty much equal

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
on the movie you shouldnt even be losing. Your PPI and color saturation wins hands down.

I know right, so i was laughing before the test saying how my PUREMOTION HD + is going to own the s3 in no time, so we both had our brightness to the max and compared the same movie side by side, and was hugely dissapointed.

Watched avatar and while my blue had some white tinge, I hate to say it but the blue on the s3 was amazing,

I really hate loosing to an older phone.

Is there any mode i can switch to ? He had some settings for movies.

You can try this for yourself, maybe i can have screenshot of both screens in 2 days time.

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
You are getting confused between over saturated colours that are not natural and what catches your eye.

The S3 with SuperAMOLED has deep blacks but unnaturally bright colours of every other kind. The S3 is just more eye catching but it isn't realistic.

So that test really depends on what you want from a display, which is bright over the top colours that pop or realistic colours that look like real life.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
There's an similar app in android market, though not comparably good but still gets the job done, circle the parts that you want to be moved, and there, you've got a gif, though i'm not sure if you can save it as an image on the PC.

Photobeamer, yeah! forgot about that, can anyone confirm that there's no similar app in android coz i'm pretty sure there might be one.

Lockscreen wallpapers gets countered with wallpapers.

Kid's corner, I'll try that, though I'v never used it probably because i never give my 920 to anyone! :D

Never understood rooms, maybe i'll check that out too!

Thanks!

Its not about having unique stuff. Its about doing stuff uniquely. Cinemagraph and lock screen wallpaper look alike might exist but they cant do how it is done effortlessly on Lumia. Lock screen live wallpapers ARE NOT same as Android wallpapers by a mile and a half.

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
The 920 can stand, just kidding :winktongue: You obviously have a great build quality and finish. Besides the nokia offline maps can beat S3's goggle maps hands down when you are stuck away from civilization.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Screen readability in sunlight
Quality of audio recording, particularly at concerts
Stability of video recording while walking and panning (OIS)

In regard to movie watching... some would say you won. It really matters how you define better. For example, make two movies or take to pictures of the same vivid scene in bright sunlight. Then compare the results. Define the winner to be the device whose displayed colours most closely reflect reality. The 920 will win.

You could also attempt to recreate a few of the "smoked by windows phone" scenarios.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)