Constantly getting owned by an s3, how do i defend myself ?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I prefer IPS LCD and all LCD rather than SAMOLED I don't like the saturation I think it to unrealistic and too much.

I also been using LCD screens for all my phones so I very use to LCD than SAMOLED. I recently went to go look at HTC 8X and Nokia Lumia 820 I didn't like the SAMOLED on the 820 and preferred the HTC 8X (it was the only thing I could compare with due to the store not having the Nokia Lumia 920 :unhappy:)

It a personal choice and I know what screen tech I would always choice from which make it slightly more easier to choice a phone :smile:

The store was O2 and I also tried carphone warehouse which had less WP8 devices than O2.

harry77

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Take nokia out under the bright sunlight nd you will feel Nokia ousting Samsung. Take a picture in near dark place without flash but with a steady hand, u can try taking a picture of text from a book in dim lit room and feel the difference. First phone with optical image stablisation. Better pixel density of the display screen. S iii is not proper 4G. Siii's 3G modem is 21Mbps whereas nokia is 42.2!

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
If you two are on the same carrier, reception. Go somewhere with terrible signal and see who gets no signal or drops a call first. (Don't compare bars, each phone interprets signal strength differently so it's not a good way to compare.)

If you've seen a few posts here you'll realise that a drop will most probably break the screen on Lumia 920 too.

I must be lucky. I dropped my phone three times since I bought it.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Reboot test, movie test and weight test? My Lumia 920 reboots much faster than my s3, the movies are much clearer (though I assume with all the blur and heavy colors in avatar it would look better with a saturated junk screen) Try something more realistic. Also, as far as weight goes, why do you want a phone that feels like a fisher price toy? My phone is reassuring, attractive, vibrant, strong, and beautiful. Their phone? Rehashed garbage doing whatever it can to stave off android's ever-present lag and failing.

sahil123

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Umm Seriously? There's no perfect phone. But there is a perfect phone specifically for you. Doesn't matter if the S3 is better at something, as long as your phone is the best at what you think matters to you.

Judging by your post, I doubt if you have kids. If you don't, then bragging about Kid's corner is pointless. Also, there are at least 45 alternatives to Photo Beamer on Android. Doesn't see how one phone can win in looks. I find the z10 looks awesome, some find the 920 looks amazeballs. Doesn't matter what others think as long as you like it.

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Gloves-on test.

My wife did an accidental drop test from about 5 feet a couple weeks ago and the screen shattered - I wouldn't recommend that as a challenge.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Who gives an s! Get the phone you want, and if someone bugs you about it, tell them to shut their c-sucker. If you are emotionally damaged by what a person says about a communication device, take the phone, and lodge it in your throat till you drop dead.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for that.
I really don't get it why some people need to be reassured of their phone's superiority to feel good about their purchase.

These comments are really bad, in my opinion. We don't need to be reassured of our choices. However, the way you get others to buy into the platform is through showing it off. There is NOTHING wrong with wanting to show others the quality of Windows Phone and the Lumia 920. I'm not saying everyone needs to have a PPI pissing contest, but having some fun with your phone's features like this is pretty cool.

As to suggestions for this, I'll offer these two:

1. Nokia Music. You get free, unlimited streaming of music on your Windows Phone, with the option to download up to 4 playlists for offline use, absolutely free. Ask your cousin how he combats that.

2. Nokia Maps. I just had this discussion with my brother-in-law last night. He has a Galaxy S III, and I have a Lumia 920. He said that the LARGEST Google Maps download he can do is 88 MB. My Nokia Maps download of Illinois ALONE is 134.3 MB. We went to St. Louis for his bachelor party in December, and I downloaded both the Illinois and Missouri maps (total size of 251.3 MB) for use that night, which he couldn't have pulled off. To add, I can download the ENITRE COUNTRY (over 2.5 GB) to my phone, if I want, and this is something that is available for most countries around the world.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Pin your favorite album to the start screen. Synced or not, like streaming from xbox music.

Thanks, I did not do it before (maybe because I am usually using Nokia Music) ... well, I just made the artist pic tiles for my favour singers ....

Last edited:

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone lock screen apps are in no comparison to the plethora of lock screen customizations and lock screen widgets on Android.

Just saying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3