Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

You would think the most innovative smartphone would trump all its rivals, i constantly get into friendly fights with my cousin and so far I'm the one with a stick in my ***.

So far I've won in the max volume round, touch test, photography test,looks test.

Failed in the reboot test, browser test, movie test, & weight test

But was seriously let down by the hd screen on the lumia, The avatar movie on the S3 looked amazing, satturated colours on the s3 seems to have done the job very well.

Are there any nice features which an lumia 920/WP8 Can do that a S3/Android cannot ?
    Novaone likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bashbaliga View Post
    Are there any nice features which an lumia 920/WP8 Can do that a S3/Android cannot ?
    Cinemagraph
    Photobeamer
    Lockscreen live wallpapers
    Kid's corner
    Rooms.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    hipporama likes this.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Wireless charging. Pretty nifty.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
    hipporama likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,361 Global Posts
    Does the S3 have wireless charging?

Have you showed him photobeamer?
    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...c-bcd7780d7db5
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

Easy .... challenge them into the drop test from the shoulder down to the floor. They will stop bothering you after that.

Xbox music pass, wouldn't give that up for anything on Android
    Thanked by:
    Blu3V3nom07 and raul_junior like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Cinemagraph
    Photobeamer
    Lockscreen live wallpapers
    Kid's corner
    Rooms.
    There's an similar app in android market, though not comparably good but still gets the job done, circle the parts that you want to be moved, and there, you've got a gif, though i'm not sure if you can save it as an image on the PC.

Photobeamer, yeah! forgot about that, can anyone confirm that there's no similar app in android coz i'm pretty sure there might be one.

Lockscreen wallpapers gets countered with wallpapers.

Kid's corner, I'll try that, though I'v never used it probably because i never give my 920 to anyone! :D

Never understood rooms, maybe i'll check that out too!

Thanks!

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    were you both on the same wifi network for the browser test?
    you really shouldnt be getting 'owned'' as the browsers are pretty much equal

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    weight test
    Lighter != better.

on the movie you shouldnt even be losing. Your PPI and color saturation wins hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by hamzie11 View Post
    were you both on the same wifi network for the browser test?
    you really shouldnt be getting 'owned'' as the browsers are pretty much equal
    Yes, though my lumia was just unboxed and only lost by a couple of seconds but still i hate loosing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    on the movie you shouldnt even be losing. Your PPI and color saturation wins hands down.
    I know right, so i was laughing before the test saying how my PUREMOTION HD + is going to own the s3 in no time, so we both had our brightness to the max and compared the same movie side by side, and was hugely dissapointed.

Watched avatar and while my blue had some white tinge, I hate to say it but the blue on the s3 was amazing,

I really hate loosing to an older phone.

Is there any mode i can switch to ? He had some settings for movies.

You can try this for yourself, maybe i can have screenshot of both screens in 2 days time.

Quote Originally Posted by MDboyz View Post
    Easy .... challenge them into the drop test from the shoulder down to the floor. They will stop bothering you after that.
    Though I'm pretty sure mine would win hands down, but still don't have the balls to test this,

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Don't you just hate to loose?

Quote Originally Posted by failed1234 View Post
    Don't you just hate to loose?
    It should have been "I hate loosing".

please excuse my English :|

You are getting confused between over saturated colours that are not natural and what catches your eye.

The S3 with SuperAMOLED has deep blacks but unnaturally bright colours of every other kind. The S3 is just more eye catching but it isn't realistic.

So that test really depends on what you want from a display, which is bright over the top colours that pop or realistic colours that look like real life.
    There's an similar app in android market, though not comparably good but still gets the job done, circle the parts that you want to be moved, and there, you've got a gif, though i'm not sure if you can save it as an image on the PC.

Photobeamer, yeah! forgot about that, can anyone confirm that there's no similar app in android coz i'm pretty sure there might be one.

Lockscreen wallpapers gets countered with wallpapers.

Kid's corner, I'll try that, though I'v never used it probably because i never give my 920 to anyone! :D

Never understood rooms, maybe i'll check that out too!

Thanks!
    Its not about having unique stuff. Its about doing stuff uniquely. Cinemagraph and lock screen wallpaper look alike might exist but they cant do how it is done effortlessly on Lumia. Lock screen live wallpapers ARE NOT same as Android wallpapers by a mile and a half.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

The 920 can stand, just kidding You obviously have a great build quality and finish. Besides the nokia offline maps can beat S3's goggle maps hands down when you are stuck away from civilization.

^ not in the US.. I've found that gmaps has better indexing overall.
    Screen readability in sunlight
    Quality of audio recording, particularly at concerts
    Stability of video recording while walking and panning (OIS)

In regard to movie watching... some would say you won. It really matters how you define better. For example, make two movies or take to pictures of the same vivid scene in bright sunlight. Then compare the results. Define the winner to be the device whose displayed colours most closely reflect reality. The 920 will win.

You could also attempt to recreate a few of the "smoked by windows phone" scenarios.

Avatar is not the be all end all of display tests. As others have said, some displays have more saturated colors than others. In many cases too much saturation is a bad thing. Pictures of people for example don't look good when the colors are way off. Do another test with a picture of some hot model chick. She will probably look orange like snookie from jersey shore on the S3. ;)

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    Hit your friend over the head with both phones and see which one knocks him out. EPIC WIN.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Challenge him to a game of fruit ninja. With an actual chef's knife.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    You can also just stop caring what other people think of your choice of mobile phone, and realize a pissing match between phone specs is really lame.
    Thanked by:
    hipporama, RushilPa, M L and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverK View Post
    You are getting confused between over saturated colours that are not natural and what catches your eye.

The S3 with SuperAMOLED has deep blacks but unnaturally bright colours of every other kind. The S3 is just more eye catching but it isn't realistic.

So that test really depends on what you want from a display, which is bright over the top colours that pop or realistic colours that look like real life.
    Definitely true - it all depends on preference. If you go into a store and compare the Lumia 920 to a Lumia 820... you might find you prefer the Lumia 820 because of the brightness of the AMOLED and how it affects the saturation of colors - general consensus seems to be much brighter colors on the 820 (or any of its variants). PPI isn't going to affect that whatsoever... I think it's just the screen technology in general, not number of pixels. Galaxy S3 is AMOLED.. or Super AMOLED (that may just be marketing.. not sure though) so it's going to be brighter with more saturated colors. (Fairly sure the Lumia 900 has the same screen as the 820 and look at it compared to 920 in terms of color saturation: )
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast