An iPhone fans take on WP8 and the Lumia 920

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This should have been added in Phone wars thread, not WP8.

I have to spend two days without my WP8 and I am already sweating it. I don't know where I am going and what I'm doing for those 24 hours, so that dude if is invested heavily in Apple ecosystem, won't manage with WP8. In the end an overall balanced but negative review is due in a month.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
This should have been added in Phone wars thread, not WP8.

I have to spend two days without my WP8 and I am already sweating it. I don't know where I am going and what I'm doing for those 24 hours, so that dude if is invested heavily in Apple ecosystem, won't manage with WP8. In the end an overall balanced but negative review is due in a month.

"In the end an overall balanced but negative review is due in a month."

If it's balanced then it can't be negative, can it?

This is how it will play out: "I love WP8 but I just can't live without (insert name) app." Just like all other "I tried Windows Phone" articles.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

This is how it will play out: "I love WP8 but I just can't live without (insert name) app." Just like all other "I tried Windows Phone" articles.

Well as long as they cover both the negatives and positives, it's balanced right?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Well as long as they cover both the negatives and positives, it's balanced right?

I suppose in a situation where there are no positives or no negatives, it could still be considered "balanced" or "fair" without one or the other. In this case, though, I'd say some of both are in order. And the review does include both.

Huw Watkins

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

If its a balanced review and they are just stating facts then I don't see a problem. When it comes down to it WP is missing some big name apps. Some people can live with that, some can't. I'd hope that they would look for viable alternatives for any apps they miss before passing judgement.

So far it looks like one of the most unbiased WP reviews from an Apple supporter I've ever seen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss