Nokia dominance driving away Samsung/HTC..?

qwerty248

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you think Samsung will continue to support WP now that Nokia is becoming more and more dominant? HTC has been a little more involved; however, even they have pulled out from a high-end device this year... Do you guys think that this is something to feel worried about?

Jonny8X

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely, Nokia seem so committed, while me with my 8X are sitting here in the dark. HTC need to get the finger out and start plugging their share of their already dwindling market!

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
HTC's main effort is andro, just like Samsung.

I think that Sammy are going to wait until Nokia gets WP up to speed (in terms of market share/traction) and then they will kick in. HTC... they are kind of in MS's pocket after they signed that patent deal to protect their android portfolio from the likes of Apple, so they will be around..

The 8X is a pretty good effort, it was specifically designed for WP, which is less true for the Samsung product. They just need a bit more flexibility in terms of hardware support.. Samsung shines with multi cores and big high res screens, Nokia shines with more.. practical innovations like camera, sound recording, etc. That has been the case for years.

I don't think people realize how important Nokia is for WP.. without them, think of what kind of market share they would have now, considering that Nokia will be another competitor running some random OS besides WP.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3