Can't decide if I should buy an gs3 or iPhone 4s on eBay

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I had an iPhone 3gs, 4. I sold a Lumia 920 and I'm not sure if I want to eBay a gs3 or iPhone 4s. The i5 is to expensive. I've never had an android but have used a few. Hows instagram and the with friends games on android? Wp8 is never going to get any of the apps most people use. On other platforms and I'm tired of being left out. Which should I go?

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S3, my wife has one and she learned fast how to use it.She is not tech savy. Android is not hard to learn, most of this stuff is common sense.All the OS are easy to learn

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I am not a fan of the iPhone but I would pick it before Android after using my wife's S3. It isn't a smooth experience like the iPhone or the 920. It stutters when scrolling through menus and apps.

Also, not a fan of the look of the OS in general. It is all over the place. I like the home page and app page of Windows Phone. It is simple and sleek compared to the S3. I know you can choose how many pages you want but the OS looks like the contents of a junk drawer that was shaken up and thrown on the ground everytime I try and find an app on her phone.

Just my opinion on the S3.

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I am not a fan of the iPhone but I would pick it before Android after using my wife's S3. It isn't a smooth experience like the iPhone or the 920. It stutters when scrolling through menus and apps.

Aldo, not a fan of the look of the OS in general. It is all over the place. I like the home page and app page of Windows Phone. It is simple and sleek compared to the S3. I know you can choose how many pages you want but the OS looks like a junk drawer that was shaken up the contents thrown on the ground everytime I try and find an app on her phone.

Just my opinion on the S3.
IPhone is,small and outdated.Even the latest one is outdated when you compare it to other phones. I know is easy and the interface is pretty clean but is boring and outdated.Even the look is outdated cause there is not much difference between all the iterations (talking about the hardware outside looks). It's just that was the first mobile device to sell well that it became popular before others and created a iconic name on the population. But,certainly there is a lot of stuff out there better than it.

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree it is outdated and small but after using my 920 and my wife's S3, I wouldn't buy the S3. It stuttered way too much for my liking compared to my 920. Despite how boring iOS is, I know how smooth the OS is and that is why I would choose it. I would try a different android phone and hope it is a smoother experience than the S3 but overall, I would choose an outdated, small screened iPhone before I purchased an S3.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you have LTE coverage where you live, work and travel? If so, get the GS3. The iPhone 4S does not support LTE, so it will be slow compared to the GS3.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
If it interests you, you can customize the GS3's UI (or any Android). Different launchers, skins, widgets, etc. available in the Google Play Store. You can even make it look like WP. A far more interesting platform, IMO. Plus, no itunes or proprietary BS. Just plug the USB to your computer and directly browse your phone's files.

Also, the GS3 has an easy-to-replace battery, expandable storage and larger screen. As far as performance, I haven't experienced the aforementioned stuttering/lagging. Good luck.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Tiago Lopes

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you like android but don't like the stuttering (i think i know what you mean, im put off by the fact that the animations aren't smooth. Like it skips a frame. Everyone goes on about the exnyos processor but it just doesn't feel buttery smooth) try the nexus 4. I thought i hated android but playing with a nexus i came to seriously question my decision to get a lumia. Its like butter. Proper freaked me out.
I always thought android was supposed to stutter, turns out its just Samsung being lazy

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't care about customizations or that stuff. I just want apps I can't have on wp8. I'm leaning toward the gs3. I'm in NYC and lte works great here so lte is a plus but not a deal breaker.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
My fiance has iPhone4s its ok comparing to my l920 and her sister has gs3 both beg me to trade. for beginners there ok .....yeah maybe ok. I'll never go back to android and iPhone is so mc hammer

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I I got a mint gs3 with an otter bix for $310 shipped. Not bad. And today Samsung is gonna show off the gs4 . Awesome lol. Anyway I love my Nokia Lumia and to some extent I like wp8. I just feel it was rushed and underperforming due to how pathetic Microsoft is at everything they do. I have a Nokia lumia920 that I use and my every day and the gs3 is for those special tines I need certain apps or get the mood for a change. I had 2 L920s which is why I sold one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3