Why WP8 is WAY better than BB10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sang Hyun

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for bad english. not first language for me :kiss:. Okay guys, so just Z10 and 920 and I can not say why I wanted to but i got z10 and it sucks!

1) does not turn on. there is no button ahaha so stupid blackberry

2) What the App Store is not have!

3) Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.? BB Come ... He 2013, you clown. All not there!

4) Live Tiles does not exist!

5) The office of repeating their version of the same thing, but it's the name of the office move or something other than That's dumb. Would rather be the "Office" icon.

6) BB10 iOS theft code for Android is the deployment of. BB just steal!

7) No Phone App. how you make call? you cant!

8) I have a browser actually flash image viewer is only heard. Idiot! No browser on bb10!

9) Keyboard is bad. It does not show the letter to you! You need to do something to peek above or word! AHAHAHA

10) does not have a good reception

11) is not really smelly

12) None Farhando

Elwe Feanorfin

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Just some quick rebuttal to the points in the criticism because the OP posted the same thing on CrackBerry. No desire to start a flamewar here.

1) I assume you mean to unlock. Well you just slide up from the bottom bezel.

2) There is many decent quality apps available in BlackBerry World even if quantity is not on par with iOS and Android. However, just like Windows Phone, the good apps, even if fewer, are very good.

3) All the ones you listed are there. Sure Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr are missing.

4) True. But Active Frames exist which serve a similar purpose.

5) What an app is called is inconsequential as long as the intended message is conveyed. iOS has Pages, Numbers and Keynote under its iWork suite as first part solution. Android has a variety of options all with different. BB10 is Docs-To-Go.

6) I don't understand how iOS fits in here, but I understand you are criticizing BB10's implementation of Android apps. Well, first there is not theft code because first Android is open source, but more importantly the Android Runtime on BB10 or the Java layer is not even the same as the one used in Android. Second, developers submit apps to BB World, BlackBerry does not arbitrarily take them. Hence no stealing. However, there has been cases where unscrupulous developers have submitted other people's work under their name. When discovered, they are shut down.

7) The phone app is persistently accessible from the action bar on the home screen. I mean, serious, this is a phone. There has to be a phone app.

8) There is a browser on BB10, which also happens to be among the fastest and most HTML5 compliant. This is a huge difference from legacy BB devices.

9) Yes there is both word prediction and auto-correct. You have to option to have to shown above the keyboard or above the individual keys that the keyboard thinks you will type next. One thing that all reviewers have consistently praised BB10 for is the keyboard.

10) I can't argue that since that is based on your use case. However, reviews have not pointed this out as an issue.

11) I will not attempt to decipher that.

12) No idea either.

I hope that is of some help. Both BB10 and WP8 have their pros and cons. Both deserve to succeed. However, mosr of the the point's that you listed are not BB10's weaknesses. Good luck!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I would want to know though (having used BB10) how do you jump to "Home" without having a home button like Android, a circle like iPhone or a home/windows button like WP? I struggled, really struggled to go from screen 4 to screen home. Only way to do it was swipe left, swipe left, swipe left!

Elwe Feanorfin

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I would want to know though (having used BB10) how do you jump to "Home" without having a home button like Android, a circle like iPhone or a home/windows button like WP? I struggled, really struggled to go from screen 4 to screen home. Only way to do it was swipe left, swipe left, swipe left!

The quickest way that I know is that you use the dots on the bottom of the (icons) page and scroll left.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I've heard that you have to click your heels three times while reciting "There's no place like home".

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
With BB10, pressing button for home will not there. The sponge features miss unlike WP8...it cannot be! I take the difference and make live tile amazing products!

Apps for both bigger WP8, but stench BB10 is not as bigger. Difference is bigger but not toast iOS either Android. Each person fools different platform, but for me, you and other the matter is oven.

Judge enjoying each phone, for BB10, WP8 or other. Skipping frames to choose and we choose the ideal me...or you. Both platform work to strive to top of place. That place may not be the pleasure sight above, however.

oosagi

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have played with a dev device in the past of the new BBA10. What I will say is that the bb is down right ridiculous when it comes to the messaging in the system. If you are hardcore on email, text, chatting..etc...then the is probably no better device. I own a 920 and I am super happy because it does everything that I need it to do... It the blackberry is in NOway a bad device. In fact I came from a blackberry to the new windows platform....and there is a part if he that hopes that it is successful. I have always thought that blackberry was a device that was behind the times...now though I would not say they are pushing the envelope, but their tech is now in the realm of relevancy...which if they catch traction could be a game changer....in that devs will need to look at producing for devices outside of the normal apple android ecosystems....which is only good for everyone.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
:) I just love the Z10... Reminds me of Soviet Hardware... Spot 70 in the top devices list if chip.de... for a new device not to end in the top 50 is quite an achievement.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Cry is laugh for purpose of platform reasons. Whatever pork of choices stench, but perhaps longest? We may not desk of those, but BB10 can. WP8 may also in future realm, but for now pasted option exists. Take and give, take and give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre