Galaxy S4 Camera Dominates the competition.

Bentstraight

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
As expected, reviews are starting to pour in for the Galaxy S4 as the release date nears. And also as expected, it's hardware and software absolutely obliterates the competition. The most recent camera shootout has the Galaxy S4 devastating the competition. Can't imagine what the Note 3 will do. It's not even fair at this moment in the smartphone industry. Sammy holds all the cards.

Shoot Here

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Talk about over-exaggeration. DOMINATES?? Good lighting, any phone camera can do that. Its not bad. But from those shots, its just a phone photo. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bentstraight

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Talk about over-exaggeration. DOMINATES?? Good lighting, any phone camera can do that. Its not bad. But from those shots, its just a phone photo. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not just talking the camera performance, I'm talking overall performance. There isn't a single phone out there than can even come close to what the GS4 is capable of. It's absolutely devastating. It's becoming very evident to all the OEMs that Samsung isn't holding back or sitting on it's past success and getting stale. They're ripping every other OEM out there with big advancements in Hardware and Software. Just look......

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well that's not true. The HTC One comes close in all categories.

The camera on the s4 does, however, seem to be among the very best. Not sure if it beats out the 808, but it certainly beats the WP devices so far.

Will be interesting to see what the next lumia will be like, camerawise, though.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not just talking the camera performan, I'm talking overall performance. There isn't a single phone out there than can even come close to what the GS4 is capable of. It's absolutely devastating. It's becoming very evident to all the OEMs than Samsung isn't holding back or sitting on it's past success and getting stale. Their ripping every other OEM out there with big advancements in Hardware and Software. Just look......

HERE

HERE

Again, over exaggeration on photos. And I'm sure these troll vids are just adverts for google products.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Tech: just go read reviews, it really has a very good camera.

I will eventually read them all at some point Slai. I looked through some of the images and to say it beats the competition in those images is clearly a fabrication. A few I thought were better than the 920 but many were just as good and others not so much. I can't authenticate where those "GS4" photos come from or how much help they may have had to produce this slide. Samsung and its minions are trying to best Nokia with yet another new phone. They couldn't do it with the GS3, so here comes another attempt. Its expected and I'm not yet impressed.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Aye, it is expected that a company tries to beat the competition.
I wasn't expecting much on the camera bit myself from Samsung. Theyve never had impressive cameras before.
However, the reviews so far on the camera, and comparisons, indicate that the s4 camera is very much in the upper echelon.
Im no photo expert, so looking at a set of pictures from either phone wont really mean much to me, that's why I just listen to those who have the knowledge about the subject. And so far, it looks quite good for the s4.

WP_4_THE_WIN

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hate to break it to you, but I wouldn't trust these so called "experts". If you look at the night photos taken with the Lumia 920, they are the worst I've ever seen. They give it ratings below the Galaxy SIII, even though numerous experts and reviewers have deemed it the best low light camera available in a cell phone. I'm calling BS on this "comparison".

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah of course, much like the 920 is no better than the n95 if you don't concern yourself with any of the things the 920 does better than the n95.
Goes without saying.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Phone wars that go on are stupid, camera is nothing but a spec anymore. People fight and get beat out by the next competitor. This is only the best camera (not really if you count 808) until the iP5S, then until the Nokia EOS, then until the HTC One +, the it will be beat out again when they release GS5. No real story here.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Seen Anandtech's hands on ? S4 is lagging.

June - key lime pie comes
S4 with 4.2 is already outdated now and when 5.0 comes , s4 is old story already.

I have used Note 2 , so much bloat added by Sammy.

iPhone 5 camera colors look natural compared to slightly over saturated 920 colors.

But for people, 920 colors appeal more.

S4 camera is nice as well but its a mistake to trade ur 920/iPhone 5 for lags.

If u are serious about camera in smartphone , get 808 or 920

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. The s4 camera clearly is in the win here.
With retards to lags, every review says its smooth, but cant really say anything until i get a copy to test.

But as pertains to camera, it clearly outperforms the iphone5 and 920.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You know its not really bigger than the lumia 920, right? Just smaller bezels?

As for smoothness, this is from anandtech:

"UI performance is finally at the point on most of these modern devices where it?s just amazingly smooth throughout everything. The Galaxy S 4 is no exception here."

So... Yeah, dat lag.

Edit: i watched the video again from anandtechs hands on, and i see that it doesn't react as fast as it should on certain things, like his hover-gestures and in the gallery. This hasn't been the case on any of the other videos ive seen, perhaps an earlier version or a really bogged down device? But from that video alone i can see that a sceptic would interpret that as a laggy device.
However, as you can see above, in their written reviews they maintain its smoothness, and combined with the fact that no lag was evident in any of the other videos ive seen, it doesn't support the notion that the s4 is laggy.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz