Why The Samsung Galaxy S4 Sucks

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
First off the box is made out of recyclable materials, as is everything like the little thing that holds the use cable wound up and such, i think that's the entire point of the casing style. So right off the bat this reviewer is awesome...

But I'll watch the entire thing later, was just on my break and figured I'd take a look at what this promising young reviewer has to say =p...

He also says it looks feels and runs like the s3. This is just not true. It sure shares lots of the looks with the s3; small bezels, has a homekey, powerbutton. However it feels totally different in the hand, the balance is improved, and it runs "like" the s3 because it's an android phone.

Design wise I think it's far closer to s2 than s3.

Then he mentions lag. Which is amusing, because it has a delay on the home key. It does not lag. The issue with homekey delay is also easily remedied. So he's way off there.
He might be running an older fw than me, or the exynos is somehow laggy and the snapdragon isn't.

Sadly it cuts off far too soon.

But in general, it holds little weight.

Last edited:

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Wrong. For myself, I don't even need CalDAV. I only use outlook or MS exchange email. I wouldn't want to put my gmail on the phone which is only used for junk and spam emails.

And Samsung will probably just quickly release an update to fix this. Unlike Nokia they don't have to wait 10 months for something like CalDAV :wink:

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hehe it's easy to call it disillusion. Hard to accept that it's dependant on things like FW.

Look, I'd easily admit it if it was true. I have a 920 myself. But the fact of the matter is that this video was mainly bulls hit from my experience with the s2, s3 and s4.

Im sorry if that's uncomfortable for you.

While we speak of disillusion it would be easy to point the finger at WP8 as well, but the premise is different. For instance would a wp user not care about things like transferring a save game from snes on wp, or being able to download anything from the Internet on their phone while these things may carry more weight for an android user.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hehe it's easy to call it disillusion. Hard to accept that it's dependant on things like FW.

Look, I'd easily admit it if it was true. I have a 920 myself. But the fact of the matter is that this video was mainly bulls hit from my experience with the s2, s3 and s4.

Im sorry if that's uncomfortable for you.

While we speak of disillusion it would be easy to point the finger at WP8 as well, but the premise is different. For instance would a wp user not care about things like transferring a save game from snes on wp, or being able to download anything from the Internet on their phone while these things may carry more weight for an android user.
Okay, just calm down. The initial remark was made to lighten the discussion (however light it already was).

From this perspective, it would've been better if you were able to pull off a joke as a counterpoint.
So, my point is, don't take it seriously. And, you've already constructed a well-formed opinion, so I congratulate you.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
No I'm furious! Outraged! This is horrendous!

Look, I'm fairly calm. It just is a false representation of how the phone is, and people tend to base their views on forums and reviews, so having a dose of realism amidst the viewpoint of the posters and the Op.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs