Your next smartphone? (If your current WP did not satisfy)

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Either a 930 or a 1030, depending on price. As you'll have guessed by the latter though, I have no intention of upgrading for quite some time.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Previous: Nokia C7
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
Next: the next 41 MP from Microsoft Mobile

if I wasn't allowed to choose WP, I'd rather keep my phone forever

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
One scratch on your iPhone i don't think you'll get a good resell value. Yesterday i saw an advertisement on olx a guy wants to sell his iPhone 5s of January 14 for 20000 i called him purposely why is he selling it for such a low price for that he answered there are some scratchs on the back side. Lol 😂

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

He could have got a nice case I suppose.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

rQvsnaps

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Currently 1020 - until a successor is released :)

Up to date internals
Sd card slot..
Preferably water proof, for those rainy day shots
But most of all, heavily upgraded screen. Compared to my old s4 the viewfinder is just terrible when shooting pictures, you never really know what you get until viewed on another device :/

Last edited:

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 820. Bought it the very next day after the launch in India. I was tempted to go for 925, then 1520 and now 930. However, this phone has been so good that I did not feel a need to upgrade just yet. Of course I do feel that I am missing on some amazing camera prowess of the latest Lumia phones, but have not been compelled to upgrade just yet.
If I decide to upgrade in the next 3 - 4 months, my choice will be 930. Post that hopefully a 935 or a 1530. I am assuming though that the naming convention remains the same.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I want a 1020 successor running

#snapdragon 805 cpu and good good gpu
#bigger sensor and same 41mp lens - this will allow more light to hit the sensor and also make the pixels bigger - however maybe more mega pixels to go with the bigger sensor could be an option as well so we could get better oversampling and even more pure images and maybe more zoom or better quality zoom??
#waterproof design so we can not worry about our great camera phones in the rain and nokia can take sonys crown away as best waterproof phone
#slight tweaks to the lens sytem to eliminate any side softness if possible (present in some 1020 models)
#better xenon flash
#better screen then the 1020
#bigger battery then the 1020
#micro sd card slot and two base models for different markets 32gb/64gb
#mhl connection for usb in and tv out via cable
#anti scratch proof coating to the screen and housing
#dual speakers either at the bottom of the device top of device or front of the device , just don't place the speakers on the back ;-)
#fingerprint scanner - not for me but just to keep up with the jones on the spec sheet in the shop windows although it could be useful in the future if apps use it etc
#cyan , green , orange , red models to go with yellow , black and white -- can you imagine a matte cyan 1020 :) that would look so good ;-)
#wireless charging built in

if a device like that was announced id buy it straight away and be happy as larry ;-)

Last edited:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Nokia N8 (still use it for it's camera and FM transmitter occasionally) -> Samsung Omnia W (got it for free while waiting for 920) -> Lumia 920 (current) -> Don't know yet.

I'm happy with my 920, but I have a few problems. One being WP8.1 removing maybe one of my favourite features and primary reason for getting a WP to begin with. Other one being that my USB port is getting messed up on the 920. I can still recharge it mostly fine, but I can't connect it to a PC anymore. If it wasn't for that I wouldnt even think about upgrading. Now I'm very heavily invested in MS ecosystem so since no other phone really offers things any better for me anyways, I might just stick with WP anyways, but we'll see. I gotta say some Surface-like phone would be sexy, I absolutely love the build of my Surface RT.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I like my Lumia Icon, but without SD it might as well be one of those locked-down limited toys that Apple makes.

It's sad, because the form factor and size are perfect - but the device's storage options don't really allow me to make use of the rest of the hardware. These super high end phones encourage me to snap shots/video, store music locally and download high-end games... which can quickly murder 32GB.

I want to slap whoever keeps pairing awesome cameras with locked, limited storage. Even HTC corrected their wrong, and they were one of the biggest supporters of only having internal storage.

Last edited:

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not, I'm gonna get a Nokia N9....very curious to try Meego (and possibly Sailfish).

I'm keeping my WP too.... No worries

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Current: Nokia Lumia 1520
Next: Probably the next successor to Nokia Lumia 1020 if it can present another groundbreaking and amazing feature that'll truly surprise most smartphone camera fans and if it will have a drastically better battery life than my phone (probably at least twice its duration! :))

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Right now, I am very happy with my 920. The market has matured to the point that it seems less compelling than ever to upgrade. The biggest thing I'd like to see is microSD support on my next phone, and maybe a better camera, like a 1020 or even a 1520 camera.

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Lenovo Vibe Z (Because I want to be different and it's cheap), Galaxy S5 (If I wait, I could get it as a present), Xperia Z1/Z1 Compact (Camera is fantastic and price is alright). Oppo Find 7a is a good phone but not convinced.

I have no WP in mind as.........very very frankly, I am actually a little bit bored with WP (Just being honest 😋) I have ever used Android and while experience was sub-par, that was more likely because lack of optimization of the RAM usage. 2gigs of RAM will solve my issues and these phones had it.
Otherwise, if I have to stick to WP (Unlikely though), perhaps the Lumia 925 or 930. :p

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720