Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Is it games and apps that aren't available? Is it the OS itself? The 8.1 dev preview brought a lot of cool features to Windows Phone. I don't own one yet, but I think it's only a matter of time before I try one out. I really just need to see a few of my favorite games show up on the platform, and then my transition would be easier. I could always use it as a second device I suppose, in case I can't function without my Google services(I probably can't).

Tell me what you think!

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Visa Declined View Post
    Is it games and apps that aren't available? Is it the OS itself? The 8.1 dev preview brought a lot of cool features to Windows Phone. I don't own one yet, but I think it's only a matter of time before I try one out. I really just need to see a few of my favorite games show up on the platform, and then my transition would be easier. I could always use it as a second device I suppose, in case I can't function without my Google services(I probably can't).

Tell me what you think!
    Once you cut your umbilical cord to Google,you'll feel better and won't be so scared..lol

Mac

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Its mostly an app issue for me. I have an iphone 4 and I am currently looking another phone and I had bought a Nokia 521 a few months back just to get a feel of windows and I love the look and and feel of 8 but just need the apps that ios has.
    reissy likes this.

Its a shame that apps rule, yeah there cool ...but it shouldn't be a deal breaker.......people are missing out on an excellent system just because a games not there yet.
    Very sad.
    carlos12001 likes this.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDMcAtee View Post
    Once you cut your umbilical cord to Google,you'll feel better and won't be so scared..lol
    But I'm not scared at all, and neither are millions of other people who use Gmail/Maps/Earth/YouTube/Chrome/Drive. They're excellent services.

But I'm not scared at all, and neither are millions of other people who use Gmail/Maps/Earth/YouTube/Chrome/Drive. They're excellent services.
    not that great you can't live without them- Save YouTube and there are ways around that.
    Sonu K and Sean David like this.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda Overstreet1 View Post
    Its mostly an app issue for me. I have an iphone 4 and I am currently looking another phone and I had bought a Nokia 521 a few months back just to get a feel of windows and I love the look and and feel of 8 but just need the apps that ios has.
    Yep, the games are tough to go without. I already have an Outlook address, and I don't mind mobile IE so much, but almost every game on my phone right now isn't available for Windows Phone(I don't think).

Call of Duty: Strike Team
    Real Racing 3
    Dead Trigger 2
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    Gangstar Vegas
    GT Racing 2
    Sine Mora
    Deus Ex: The Fall

Plus it would be hard to give up VSCO Cam. This is the stuff that's on my phone right now, it's hard to believe none of it's on Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'm apple user.

the two main reasons I haven't and don't plan to switch to windows phones are,

1. no must have features exclusive to windows that I care about. (thats not to say there aren't exclusive features others will care about.)

2. the tiles user interface. I don't like it and think it looks gaudy. (others may like it though and thats fine with me)

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Flud View Post
    2. the tiles user interface. I don't like it and think it looks gaudy. (others may like it though and thats fine with me)
    The way the tiles look now after the update is what's attracting me to the phones. I think they look awesome.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    For me it's not the games. I am self employed and I have to keep up with my hours and pay and then there are my local news and weather apps. But other than that I like the 8.1 UI, I like the live tile feature, I especially like Cortana. I have been really looking at the nokia 925 since my iphone has started acting up but I am just scared to make that jump I guess.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda Overstreet1 View Post
    and then there are my local news and weather apps.
    Yeah I really didn't stop and think about not having my banking app. I bank at Arvest, and there's no app in the WP store. There's no local news apps either.

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    The only problem for me when I had my iPhone before getting the 920 is iTunes. As much as people hated it, I LOVED every single bit of that program. I really hate dragging and dropping music from my PC to my phone. It takes up more time. Also with iTunes, I can edit playlists very fast then just sync my phone for like a minute and it's done.

I made a brave move only to know that the Windows Phone app for desktop syncs iTunes to my phone. So win-win for me
    dgr_874 likes this.
    Google Services

App Sharing (like how iOS and Android has, apps talk to each other)

Intents (if I have more than one browser I can choose what browser I want to use for a link)

Download and Upload in the browser

Data Toggles

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    em1ke likes this.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarr View Post
    As much as people hated it, I LOVED every single bit of that program.
    I'm not the biggest iTunes fan, but I don't really mind it. I have 2 iPad's so it's not like I can go without it. I do actually like the way it sync's my devices. I don't ever transfer music or anything with it. I use Google's All Access Music on my phone.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustHere ForTheVerge View Post
    Data Toggles
    Does WP not have data toggles?

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I would like my phone to power the full (windows in this case) desktop when connected to mouse, keyboard and monitor. Ubuntu is working on this, google and apple are not. And I'm not sure if MS is working on this, looks like they could offer it today if they wanted to. This kind of convergence lowers the need for the cloud... so maybe ubuntu will be the first to offer it since the others seem to love pushing the cloud right now.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stanlm2 View Post
    I would like my phone to power the full (windows in this case) desktop when connected to mouse
    Did you post in the wrong thread?
    Does WP not have data toggles?
    Turn data off and on? No.

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts
    Google services. For work and personal use. That is really the only thing holding me back.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator Joe View Post
    Google services. For work and personal use. That is really the only thing holding me back.
    Yeah, unfortunately those are probably never coming to Windows Phone. Maybe if the OS gains considerable market share in the U.S.
    Thanked by:

Google Services

App Sharing (like how iOS and Android has, apps talk to each other)

Intents (if I have more than one browser I can choose what browser I want to use for a link)

Download and Upload in the browser

Data Toggles

8.1 allows you to download and upload in the browser now

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I think there's a lot going on in WP now that people on other platforms don't realize. I think MS needs to get that out there and make people see it.

Turn data off and on? No.

Not the "Data connection" toggle in Cellular+SIM settings?

Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
    Few medical apps.
    Metro UI
    No compelling reason to switch.

It isn't that the devices are bad, but Apple rules the medical field, and Android has great features that Apple is about to match.

So there are no benefits to using WP. 41 mp camera is nice, but the industry will catch up.

App issue for me... Flipboard, Real racing 3, planta vs zombies 2, eyetv micro... Now i am running a lumia 1520 and it's really cool but i miss several apps. I'll give WP a chance for some time...
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast