Android/iOS users, what's keeping you from switching to Windows Phone?

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Is it games and apps that aren't available? Is it the OS itself? The 8.1 dev preview brought a lot of cool features to Windows Phone. I don't own one yet, but I think it's only a matter of time before I try one out. I really just need to see a few of my favorite games show up on the platform, and then my transition would be easier. I could always use it as a second device I suppose, in case I can't function without my Google services(I probably can't).

Tell me what you think!

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Is it games and apps that aren't available? Is it the OS itself? The 8.1 dev preview brought a lot of cool features to Windows Phone. I don't own one yet, but I think it's only a matter of time before I try one out. I really just need to see a few of my favorite games show up on the platform, and then my transition would be easier. I could always use it as a second device I suppose, in case I can't function without my Google services(I probably can't).

Tell me what you think!

Once you cut your umbilical cord to Google,you'll feel better and won't be so scared..lol

Mac

Linda Overstreet1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Its mostly an app issue for me. I have an iphone 4 and I am currently looking another phone and I had bought a Nokia 521 a few months back just to get a feel of windows and I love the look and and feel of 8 but just need the apps that ios has.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Its a shame that apps rule, yeah there cool ...but it shouldn't be a deal breaker.......people are missing out on an excellent system just because a games not there yet.
Very sad.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Its mostly an app issue for me. I have an iphone 4 and I am currently looking another phone and I had bought a Nokia 521 a few months back just to get a feel of windows and I love the look and and feel of 8 but just need the apps that ios has.

Yep, the games are tough to go without. I already have an Outlook address, and I don't mind mobile IE so much, but almost every game on my phone right now isn't available for Windows Phone(I don't think).

Call of Duty: Strike Team
Real Racing 3
Dead Trigger 2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Gangstar Vegas
GT Racing 2
Sine Mora
Deus Ex: The Fall

Plus it would be hard to give up VSCO Cam. This is the stuff that's on my phone right now, it's hard to believe none of it's on Windows Phone.

John Flud

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm apple user.

the two main reasons I haven't and don't plan to switch to windows phones are,

1. no must have features exclusive to windows that I care about. (thats not to say there aren't exclusive features others will care about.)

2. the tiles user interface. I don't like it and think it looks gaudy. (others may like it though and thats fine with me)

Linda Overstreet1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
For me it's not the games. I am self employed and I have to keep up with my hours and pay and then there are my local news and weather apps. But other than that I like the 8.1 UI, I like the live tile feature, I especially like Cortana. I have been really looking at the nokia 925 since my iphone has started acting up but I am just scared to make that jump I guess.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The only problem for me when I had my iPhone before getting the 920 is iTunes. As much as people hated it, I LOVED every single bit of that program. I really hate dragging and dropping music from my PC to my phone. It takes up more time. Also with iTunes, I can edit playlists very fast then just sync my phone for like a minute and it's done.

I made a brave move only to know that the Windows Phone app for desktop syncs iTunes to my phone. So win-win for me :grin:

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Google Services

App Sharing (like how iOS and Android has, apps talk to each other)

Intents (if I have more than one browser I can choose what browser I want to use for a link)

Download and Upload in the browser

Data Toggles

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
As much as people hated it, I LOVED every single bit of that program.

I'm not the biggest iTunes fan, but I don't really mind it. I have 2 iPad's so it's not like I can go without it. I do actually like the way it sync's my devices. I don't ever transfer music or anything with it. I use Google's All Access Music on my phone.

stanlm2

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I would like my phone to power the full (windows in this case) desktop when connected to mouse, keyboard and monitor. Ubuntu is working on this, google and apple are not. And I'm not sure if MS is working on this, looks like they could offer it today if they wanted to. This kind of convergence lowers the need for the cloud... so maybe ubuntu will be the first to offer it since the others seem to love pushing the cloud right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills