Oh my.. Android, seriously?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
One of my cousins who has been an iPhone fan pretty much since the time they we're released recently switched to a Nexus 5, he really likes it.

Marques Brownlee described this situation pretty well in his iPhone 5S(or 5) review where he said that if you don't like something about iOS, too bad because you can't do much to change it.

His theory pretty much applies to Windows Phone as well. But you should seriously see Android L, looks amazing.

In the end I can't judge you for what you find better but just tell you that your opinion isn't as popular as you think it is.

But, I'll share the widgets I've pinned and let's see if you find them atrocious.

View attachment 78457
View attachment 78458
View attachment 78459

I said it "seems" that the G3 suffers from a few performance issues, i haven't used one to be sure.

Yeah I dislike the whole icon thing. It is why windows 7 and older annoy me lol. I like my tiles and the way they look especially when animated vs static icons

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Anyway Android is just a copy of iOS and a very cheap and slow copy which continually hangs. After a while Google copied Blackberry. Then they copied Microsoft WP.
So I'd rather go for WP or iOS because they are original and refined OSes even though WP is still some way off iOS its getting there. Plus iOS and Microsoft have great Quality Control. Everybody knows how cheap google didn't bother to take down fake BBM apps when it launched on Android. That would never happen on these two platforms. While Google just tries to invade your privacy and earn cheap bucks by selling you ads the other two actually maintain and service their OS properly. Although Microsoft deserve a lot of abuses for their Cyan Rollout. While modifications and customizations are one thing skins make the Androids slow and laggy. Also how much modification can one want? Barring the lock screen and wallpapers once you open an app it ends. And MS and Apple have smoother OSes which makes the apps smooth and non-laggy.

Hi, Mr. Bias. I'd like to show you this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/306605-snapseed.html#post2731794 and there are many such apps trying to con paying customers.

BTW, MS and Apple gather as much data as Google do. MS is the one who's failing their customers in so many ways. E.g. see how the Skype app is better on Android/iOS compared to WP, similarly the Onenote app.

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Give him some time. I don't expect him to start hating the Nexus and (all other Cheap privacy invading) Google Products right away. As time passes he will start detesting Google.

Just like how 80% of the smartphone using world hates and detests Google right? You shills and your delusions...

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Give him some time. I don't expect him to start hating the Nexus and (all other Cheap privacy invading) Google Products right away. As time passes he will start detesting Google.

I've been using Android for nearly three years now, why would I detest Google?

Microsoft even invades your privacy by checking both Outlook.com and OneDrive.

If you are such a privacy freak you shouldn't even come close something with an internet connection on it, let alone own a smartphone.

Anyway Android is just a copy of iOS and a very cheap and slow copy which continually hangs. After a while Google copied Blackberry. Then they copied Microsoft WP.
So I'd rather go for WP or iOS because they are original and refined OSes even though WP is still some way off iOS its getting there. Plus iOS and Microsoft have great Quality Control. Everybody knows how cheap google didn't bother to take down fake BBM apps when it launched on Android. That would never happen on these two platforms. While Google just tries to invade your privacy and earn cheap bucks by selling you ads the other two actually maintain and service their OS properly. Although Microsoft deserve a lot of abuses for their Cyan Rollout. While modifications and customizations are one thing skins make the Androids slow and laggy. Also how much modification can one want? Barring the lock screen and wallpapers once you open an app it ends. And MS and Apple have smoother OSes which makes the apps smooth and non-laggy.

I've been using my Nexus 5 for over a month now on the ART runtime and I can say that there are no lags in Android anymore and it is not resource hungry, because even the dual core Moto X runs very smoothly.

I've had countless discussions with my cousin who was an iPhone fan about the same "copying" argument you are talking about.

It's simple, companies do copy each other and it's how OSes progress, I mean look at how much Windows Phone has copied.

Even Steve Jobs has been known to say "Good artists copy and great artists steal."

But Android hasn't copied things from other OSes as much as other OSes have copied things from it.

Android has had support for custom keyboards, prediction, gesture typing, widgets, live wallpapers, battery and data stats, multi-user support, quick settings, waaayy wayyy before than both iOS and Windows Phone.

So copying is all right and no Android hasn't copied nearly as enough as other companies have copied it.

Android also has quality control, plus apps on Android have the most functionality because of the advanced API.

Oh and you know my cousin I mentioned up there, the iPhone fan? He switched to a Nexus 5 just two months ago and loves it.

Yeah I dislike the whole icon thing. It is why windows 7 and older annoy me lol. I like my tiles and the way they look especially when animated vs static icons

Hahahaha we'll get ready because Microsoft had massive criticism on the live tiles, early renders show that icons are coming back in Windows 9(with live tiles in the start menu)

Seriously a lot of people don't like the Metro UI.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Android for nearly three years now, why would detest Google?

If you are such a privacy freak you shouldn't even come close something with an internet connection on it, let alone own a smartphone.

I've been using my Nexus 5 for over a month now on the ART runtime and I can say that there are no lags in Android anymore and it is not resource hungry, because even the dual core Moto X runs very smoothly.

I've had countless discussions with my cousin who was an iPhone fan about the same "copying" argument you are talking about.

It's simple, companies do copy each other and it's how OSes progress, I mean look at how much Windows Phone has copied.

Even Steve Jobs has been known to say "Good artists copy and great artists steal."

But Android hasn't copied things from other OSes as much as other OSes have copied things from it.

Android has had support for custom keyboards, prediction, gesture typing, widgets, live wallpapers, battery and data stats, multi-user support, quick settings, waaayy wayyy before than both iOS and Windows Phone.

So copying is all right and no Android hasn't copied nearly as enough as other companies have copied it.

Oh and you know my cousin I mentioned up there, the iPhone fan? He switched to a Nexus 5 just two months ago and loves it.

Hahahaha we'll get ready because Microsoft had massive criticism on the live tiles, early renders show that icons are coming back in Windows 9(with live tiles in the start menu)

Alot of people are idiots. Unless I see something game changing, I may be on 8.1 for awhile. Or I better still be a le to enjoy metro and can ignore desktop. My desktop now literally has 8 icons on them.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Alot of people are idiots. Unless I see something game changing, I may be on 8.1 for awhile. Or I better still be a le to enjoy metro and can ignore desktop. My desktop now literally has 8 icons on them.

Personally I really liked Windows 8 when I got my laptop, it's pretty powerful but after a few months I've started hating it because of the lags that it has. I still love the boot up time though.

I hope that Windows 9 has some massive performance improvements.

The Metro UI looks great on Windows Phone though and I really love the new folders in Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1. 👍

rohit111

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Android for nearly three years now, why would I detest Google?

Lol You say people have copied Android. Haha. Perhaps you forgot why Apple doesn't use Google search and Google Maps and why the Google Boss isn't present for iPhone launches. And if copying is all right for you at least do a good job. What is the use if the OS is just going to hang and slow down terribly. Mind you replicas of masterpieces are caught and given disgusted glares and that's what's obviously happened with Google. People using Google will soon get bored of all the slowness and the ads and fake copies of apps in the store and with better options like iOS and WP they'll switch.
Anyways I've used two Android phones before and both became miserably slow to use. So bye bye Android it was.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Lol You say people have copied Android. Haha. Perhaps you forgot why Apple doesn't use Google search and Google Maps and why the Google Boss isn't present for iPhone launches. And if copying is all right for you at least do a good job. What is the use if the OS is just going to hang and slow down terribly. Mind you replicas of masterpieces are caught and given disgusted glares and that's what's obviously happened with Google. People using Google will soon get bored of all the slowness and the ads and fake copies of apps in the store and with better options like iOS and WP they'll switch.
Anyways I've used two Android phones before and both became miserably slow to use. So bye bye Android it was.

If android becomes slow they will spend money on latest flagship.they won't leave the platform.they think their phone does not have enough specification.they will clamour to buy the next phone which has latest os.that's only happening in the world.only few think android os lags nd leave for other alternatives whether ios or wp.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

Would you care to tell us which phones you used?

Android is indeed unique, every operating system copies each other. I find Android 4.4 quite beautiful, Android L even more.

And having owned a Nexus 5 for over a month now even after having almost filled the storage completely the phone isn't slowing down. If you watch the "Nexus 5: Revisitied" video uploaded just three weeks ago by TechnoBuffalo, the guy says even nearly after an year the phone shows no signs of slowdowns.

So people won't get tired of the slowness, because there is none.

What is your argument about apps you continually repeat? What copies of apps? Android has thousands of more "real" apps compared to Windows Phone, without ads. If anything Windows Phone has a lot of fake apps and web wrappers. You can't argue about apps at all, Windows Phone has both less apps and the quality of apps is also lower than Android counterparts.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Personally I really liked Windows 8 when I got my laptop, it's pretty powerful but after a few months I've started hating it because of the lags that it has. I still love the boot up time though.

I hope that Windows 9 has some massive performance improvements.

The Metro UI looks great on Windows Phone though and I really love the new folders in Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1. 👍

I honestly have yet to use folders. To be honest I have no idea why I upgraded to update 1. Lol I don't even use the features 😃

rohit111

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Would you care to tell us which phones you used?

Android is indeed unique, every operating system copies each other. I find Android 4.4 quite beautiful, Android L even more.

And having owned a Nexus 5 for over a month now even after having almost filled the storage completely the phone isn't slowing down. If you watch the "Nexus 5: Revisitied" video uploaded just three weeks ago by TechnoBuffalo, the guy says even nearly after an year the phone shows no signs of slowdowns.

So people won't get tired of the slowness, because there is none.

What is your argument about apps you continually repeat? What copies of apps? Android has thousands of more "real" apps compared to Windows Phone, without ads. If anything Windows Phone has a lot of fake apps and web wrappers. You can't argue about apps at all, Windows Phone has both less apps and the quality of apps is also lower than Android counterparts.

HTC One X plus
Samsung Galaxy Grand 1

I must give credit to HTC Sense though. It did look good. But Playing Temple Run 2 on the htc and it would slow down everytime I got a WhatsApp notification. And it had around 500MB Phone Space free .

And how can you say quality on the play store when the first search presents you with fake apps even fakes of prominent apps like BBM? WP may not have as many apps as Android but its getting there and it is bereft of fakes.

None of my friends have Nexus 5 but I'll check it out if I do get my hands on one. If nexus doesn't hang and slow down then its an exception in an OS where slowness is like a rule.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Android... If you get this version at this time on this phone you might be ok. Too many differences between phones and OS and upgrades to the OS that you may or may not get.

rohit111

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Mr. Bias. I'd like to show you this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/306605-snapseed.html#post2731794 and there are many such apps trying to con paying customers.

BTW, MS and Apple gather as much data as Google do. MS is the one who's failing their customers in so many ways. E.g. see how the Skype app is better on Android/iOS compared to WP, similarly the Onenote app.

Here. I'd like to show you this thread
http://online.wsj.com/news/article...lMyQjAxMTAyMDEwNjExNDYyWj?mg=reno64-wsj [url]

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
HTC One X plus
Samsung Galaxy Grand 1

I must give credit to HTC Sense though. It did look good. But Playing Temple Run 2 on the htc and it would slow down everytime I got a WhatsApp notification. And it had around 500MB Phone Space free .

And how can you say quality on the play store when the first search presents you with fake apps even fakes of prominent apps like BBM? WP may not have as many apps as Android but its getting there and it is bereft of fakes.

None of my friends have Nexus 5 but I'll check it out if I do get my hands on one. If nexus doesn't hang and slow down then its an exception in an OS where slowness is like a rule.

1409053644979.jpg

Uhmm I just searched up BBM.

And Windows Phone Store had a ton of fake and terrible Flappy Bird clones which Microsoft never removed but Google and Apple did.

HTC One X Plus was from the time of Lumia 910(pretty much) and I believe that Sense 5 would've probably fixed those lags. Galaxy Grand is ****.

You should try a new Android device like the HTC One M8 or Nexus 5, it'll clear up your misconceptions about Android.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I used Android for 3yrs before moving to WP... N i must admit that the OS is way more refined than Android... Android does not give and can never give the performance WP does... I mean buying a low or midrange Android you are expected to sacrifice on performance... I ask y! Not everyone can afford a High end $500 phone... I had a Galaxy Ace... Had bought it within a week off launch. All was good until a year after Google decided to launch ICS and our device was listed out... How bad that you buy a phone and within a year OS support stops. My bro bought the HTC Desire 600 last month only to discover that it's running Android 4.1.2 and would never get any update... It's been just a year Desire 600 was launched... These things simply make you feel cheated.

Then finally the Launch and Benchmarking of M8 with WP has actually proved that WP is MUCH more efficient than Android...

Yes Android might be improving daily but its not in the correct pattern as half the devices dont get updates to latest versions and not everyone wants to spend time rooting and installing Custom Roms...
This does not at all mean I'm against Android... I would prefer Android only when i have BIG BUCKS to spend, coz i know from past experience that suddenly one fine day a new version of Android may release and all phones with decent hardwares (snapdragon 400, 1gb ram,etc) may be declared useless...
Till then if ones budget is anything below $400 i suggest WP...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I used Android for 3yrs before moving to WP... N i must admit that the OS is way more refined than Android... Android does not give and can never give the performance WP does... I mean buying a low or midrange Android you are expected to sacrifice on performance... I ask y! Not everyone can afford a High end $500 phone... I had a Galaxy Ace... Had bought it within a week off launch. All was good until a year after Google decided to launch ICS and our device was listed out... How bad that you buy a phone and within a year OS support stops. My bro bought the HTC Desire 600 last month only to discover that it's running Android 4.1.2 and would never get any update... It's been just a year Desire 600 was launched... These things simply make you feel cheated.

Then finally the Launch and Benchmarking of M8 with WP has actually proved that WP is MUCH more efficient than Android...

Yes Android might be improving daily but its not in the correct pattern as half the devices dont get updates to latest versions and not everyone wants to spend time rooting and installing Custom Roms...
This does not at all mean I'm against Android... I would prefer Android only when i have BIG BUCKS to spend, coz i know from past experience that suddenly one fine day a new version of Android may release and all phones with decent hardwares (snapdragon 400, 1gb ram,etc) may be declared useless...

Correction not all devices are treated with latest android version.but android will be made useless after some years of usage nd you have to factory reset nd use it.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

Anything below $400 that performs well? Moto X, Moto G, Moto E, Nexus 5 and 4 and all these phones perform well and get updates.

Updates are half of the story, a lot of the new functionality available on Android is given out via the Google Play Services and the Play Store, your brother can still get the Android 4.4 launcher and the Android L applications.

Benchmarking is in no way a definition of how phones actually perform, it proves nothing about how efficient Windows Phone is. Conduct a benchmark on any device three times and you'll most likely get different results each time.

Do you forget that people bought Lumia 900 in April 2012 once it was released and in October Windows Phone 8 was released, did any previous phone get the update? A lot of Windows Phone apps aren't even compatible with previous versions unlike Android where many apps are available for 2.3 and 4.0 even today.

HTC 8S and Lumia 810 are also examples of phones that we're abandoned.

Abandonment after an year happens on both Android and Windows Phone, the only OS really safe from it right now is iOS which provides 3 to 4 years of support.

Correction not all devices are treated with latest android version.but android will be made useless after some years of usage nd you have to factory reset nd use it.

Quite the apposite actually, as new versions of Windows Phone emerge many apps lose compatibility with older versions of Windows Phone making your Windows Phone useless.

Most Android apps are still compatible with Android 2.3 and above.

Plus many many people have reported that their phones became extremely slow after Cyan and they had to factory reset it, so your argument about Windows Phone staying fast always is wrong.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at the Samsung Galaxy Avant and tell me what Windows Phone has right now to compete with that for $199. I suspect even the new 730 wont be $199. The Avant is quick and has Kit Kat. I was reluctant but replaced a Lumia 810 with it for my daughter because she didn't haven't access to the apps she needed. I was shocked how fast it was and with the features it has. There is no use in fighting, all mobile OS' are decent now. It comes down to price and app availability at this point. Unfortunately that is where Windows Phone is still struggling. I am hoping that will change with the Lumia 730/830.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Take a look at the Samsung Galaxy Avant and tell me what Windows Phone has right now to compete with that for $199. I suspect even the new 730 wont be $199. The Avant is quick and has Kit Kat. I was reluctant but replaced a Lumia 810 with it for my daughter because she didn't haven't access to the apps she needed. I was shocked how fast it was and with the features it has. There is no use in fighting, all mobile OS' are decent now. It comes down to price and app availability at this point. Unfortunately that is where Windows Phone is still struggling. I am hoping that will change with the Lumia 730/830.

The Avant seems like a great device but since it uses TouchWiz I would imagine that it could start lagging if it is filled with two many apps.

Maybe you should've gone with Moto G, just saying. Windows Phone really has nothing to compare with Moto G(or even E it seems).

And apps aren't the only things that matter in OSes, the functionality and design does too.

All three operating systems look beautiful in my opinion but Android is my favorite because all the extra functionality. To describe the apps I would say the following:

iOS - The most polished, fastest and stable applications, highly optimized applications, they usually have great design.

Android - Many have nice design, above average performance, optimized well for most devices and the apps with the most functionality/features.

Windows Phone - Not the best in design nor functionality but definitely some well designed applications here and there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte