When will we get new powerful Windows Phones?

TomNow1

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, I have an itch for a new phone. I've had the Lumia 928 and now am sporting the Icon. However, I haven't seen any news of new powerful Windows Phones. I'm actually considering the Droid Turbo since I don't see anything down the pipeline for WP. Anyone know of when new phones should be getting released?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1520, icon, 930, htc one m8? They do get updated you know. But new powerful ones, no-one knows to be honest. No one.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I don't think there are any rumors for new Windows phones on Verizon. I know they just got the M8 and have had some exclusives, but I wonder if Verizon is winding down in their offerings of Windows phones. The "retirement" of the Icon is a little concerning. To be honest, I have used an android for the past week instead of my Icon, to see how it compares to WP.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Shouldn't it be Windows Phone phones? Will be much simpler when it's back to Windows.

As for new handsets, I'm long overdue an upgrade from my trusty 720. Looking for something with much more power under the hood next time.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Shouldn't it be Windows Phone phones? Will be much simpler when it's back to Windows.

As for new handsets, I'm long overdue an upgrade from my trusty 720. Looking for something with much more power under the hood next time.
Lumia 735 if you want it to be cheap. 930/1520 if you want power.
There is also the 830 too.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 735 if you want it to be cheap. 930/1520 if you want power.
There is also the 830 too.

As far as I recall, the 735 doesn't have a camera button (my 720 does), the 930 doesn't have Glance (my 720 does), the 1520 is too big (for me), and the 830 is overpriced and marginally underpowered. That said, I'm considering the latter as I very much like the look of the phone itself. If Microsoft doesn't come up with something better soon, I may opt for that.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Nobody knows. Because there has been a lack of anything in the windows phone space, the most realistic timeframe for powerful windows phones would be when windows10 is released......and yes that is way too damn long.
But again theres been no indication of anything in the pipeline coming anytime soon. So the only options you really have are the 1year old Lumia 1520, 1 year old Lumia Icon and its half year old twin Lumia 930 and the HTC one M8 with windows. The HTC is the most up to date hardware wise, while the lumias are old but not quite outdated yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12