The future...phablats?

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think 5" will become the standard going forward.

Reason is because that is about as large as you can get and still have your thumb reach most of the phone. Over 5" means you can't hold the phone like a phone anymore (ie one handed) and still use it effectively. It also starts to look goofy being held as a phone up to your face at the larger sizes.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
To answer your question, the 1520 being a phablet does not have any enhancements that a phablet should have, atleast in comparison to the ones in the article. This is the harsh truth which I hope would change with W10. Right now the 1520 is just a big WP with powerful hardware

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
To answer your question, the 1520 being a phablet does not have any enhancements that a phablet should have, atleast in comparison to the ones in the article. This is the harsh truth which I hope would change with W10. Right now the 1520 is just a big WP with powerful hardware

Ok, what new and "revolutionary" features does the ip6+ have to make it a fantastic fablet? IMO, the 1520 is much better than that piece of tinfoil.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, what new and "revolutionary" features does the iPhone 6+ have to make it a fantastic fablet? IMO, the 1520 is much better than that piece of tinfoil.

Not taking sides here but the iPhone 6+ does have improvements that are not found on other non-phablet iPhones. For example, it supports landscape mode and Bluetooth keyboard which can be used for taking notes. Secondly Apple has also enabled touch enhancements for easier one hand use which last time I checked Microsoft hasn't.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Not taking sides here but the iPhone 6+ does have improvements that are not found on other non-phablet iPhones. For example, it supports landscape mode and Bluetooth keyboard which can be used for taking notes. Secondly Apple has also enabled touch enhancements for easier one hand use which last time I checked Microsoft hasn't.

Microsoft are too busy adding dancing with the stars.....

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Sales numbers asdie, how about giving credit where credit is due. the 1520 is a fantastic phablet. Again, better than the ip6+, the note has awesome features but crap software that cripples it.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The sad thing about the 1520 is it doesn't have unique features that a phablet could take advantage on.

But, the future is bright for the 1520 with Windows 10 coming really soon.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am going out on a limb and say that MS is going to release a "1520" sized surface pro device in the next year. Equipped with a Wacom pen and everything. And even though they sort of axed it before, I am also predicting a surface mini to the marketplace as well.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Sales numbers asdie, how about giving credit where credit is due. the 1520 is a fantastic phablet. Again, better than the ip6+, the note has awesome features but crap software that cripples it.

I wouldn't classify Lumia 1520 as a phablet. I would rather treat it as a large phone instead. It has absolutely no difference to the Lumia 930 (I mean extra phablet features and not sd card/glance/etc.) except for some scaling here and there (and even so, limited).

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Exactly my thoughts, the 1520 is a large phone. Unless Microsoft enables true phablet friendly features for it, it's still falls in the phone category

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Therefore the ip6+ is a large phone as well. as is the note. as they are all the same design, and overall spec. the only diffrerence between them, is one, the logo and two the note has a pen. In that case, the asus tabfone is a fablet.

dino73n

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Phone without multi window multitasking at least,can not be called phablet despite it's size.

I had it before note3 and it is a beautyful device with awesome camera and strong hardware and awesome battery life but its just a big phone,nothing more...

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping that for once!!! Microsoft has some sense in their way of thinking ahead and that merging WP and RT will bring many phablet functions to the 1520.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
personal opinions aside, the revIewer likely doesn't know about every awesome device that is available, If they aRen't seen on every street corner, Starbucks, bus stop, etc

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
personal opinions aside, the revIewer likely doesn't know about every awesome device that is available, If they aRen't seen on every street corner, Starbucks, bus stop, etc

Then, said author should not be writing professionally about technology. I am just an enthusiast and I know about pretty well every new electronic device coming out. that's his JOB.

That's like me being a mechanic of motocycles etc, and not knowing that Harley Davidson, Honda etc does not make a motorcycle. I guess I have a different work ethic than others.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Then, said author should not be writing professionally about technology. I am just an enthusiast and I know about pretty well every new electronic device coming out. that's his JOB.

That's like me being a mechanic of motocycles etc, and not knowing that Harley Davidson, Honda etc does not make a motorcycle. I guess I have a different work ethic than others.

that's an opinion also.

neither I, nor you, our anyone, can know every possible maker of phablets. do a search on some Chinese websites, you'll find quite a few device manufactures you've never heard of before. ask a Harley mechanic about valve lash adjustments for a current model gold wing, and you'll find its out of his scope of knowledge.

its all relative.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3