Dear post office, Put a move on to get my screen, Android is making me jump off a bridge!

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
good, to many times people can't see the forest through the trees. The camera post a while ago was a good example. Glad you have a sense of humor.

I wish that some of the fanboys on this site (whether they're WP, Android or Apple) were able to take things a little calmer rather than jumping out like tigers on a raw piece of meat. I know its WPC and maybe in the sight of some other OS's shouldnt be discussed...but thats why we have a "wars" section which i do find good...it opens discussions up for people who are considering coming to WP, or leaving WP...it should be an area where everyone can speak freely as opposed to other sections where its deemed more inappropriate due to the 'trolling' aspect. However, every time a debate starts people get very upset...take it personally...that it turns the debate into a battle, and ruins the discussion. Too bad. Even when i was an all Windows guy (got rid of the phone recently) i never understood brand loyalty...eventhough i prefer Windows as an OS i wouldnt go around saying "Android and Apple suck!" because i could see the benefits and advantages of all...but i guess some just cant. Meh.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I wish that some of the fanboys on this site (whether they're WP, Android or Apple) were able to take things a little calmer rather than jumping out like tigers on a raw piece of meat. I know its WPC and maybe in the sight of some other OS's shouldnt be discussed...but thats why we have a "wars" section which i do find good...it opens discussions up for people who are considering coming to WP, or leaving WP...it should be an area where everyone can speak freely as opposed to other sections where its deemed more inappropriate due to the 'trolling' aspect. However, every time a debate starts people get very upset...take it personally...that it turns the debate into a battle, and ruins the discussion. Too bad. Even when i was an all Windows guy (got rid of the phone recently) i never understood brand loyalty...eventhough i prefer Windows as an OS i wouldnt go around saying "Android and Apple suck!" because i could see the benefits and advantages of all...but i guess some just cant. Meh.

Did you ever notice how many threads here are about iPhone or Android? If they're not the actual subject, they usually get drug into the thread somewhere. It's pretty much the same on CrackBerry. However, on AndroidCentral and iMore you seldom see the other platforms mentioned, other than a little dig at each other every once in awhile.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever notice how many threads here are about iPhone or Android? If they're not the actual subject, they usually get drug into the thread somewhere. It's pretty much the same on CrackBerry. However, on AndroidCentral and iMore you seldom see the other platforms mentioned, other than a little dig at each other every once in awhile.

Whats actually funny is now i am actively on both Android Central and WPC, on AC Windows Phone is actually respected for a lot of its strengths and people bring up the specifics and give them kudos where its do. If you go to AC, theres no "Windows Phone sucks!!!" and blasting fights, the conversations are more down to earth and the users are very helpful. Here on this site we see a defensive approach, maybe since WP has had an uphill battle since WP7 came out people take it personally? Im not sure. Ok, people come here and say "well Apple does ____ better" or "Android is better at ______", I dont see things like this as a negative...i see open discussions as a positive. I mean look, all 3 major OS's have learnt from eachother...thats what we want dont we? I guess everyone is so caught up in "Windows 10 will rule the world, Apple and android will beg for existence!!"...they have a lot to live up to so lets hope they do.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone will never rule the universe, but as I said before the best things in the world never sell the most. Just look at automobiles. The best, Ferrari does not sell 1/1000th the vehicles as ford, but damn are they better.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Windows phone will never rule the universe, but as I said before the best things in the world never sell the most. Just look at automobiles. The best, Ferrari does not sell 1/1000th the vehicles as ford, but damn are they better.

I think you missed a piece of the puzzle here. If the Ferrari was the same price as the Ford, it would sell better!

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Whats actually funny is now i am actively on both Android Central and WPC, on AC Windows Phone is actually respected for a lot of its strengths and people bring up the specifics and give them kudos where its do. If you go to AC, theres no "Windows Phone sucks!!!" and blasting fights, the conversations are more down to earth and the users are very helpful. Here on this site we see a defensive approach, maybe since WP has had an uphill battle since WP7 came out people take it personally? Im not sure. Ok, people come here and say "well Apple does ____ better" or "Android is better at ______", I dont see things like this as a negative...i see open discussions as a positive. I mean look, all 3 major OS's have learnt from eachother...thats what we want dont we? I guess everyone is so caught up in "Windows 10 will rule the world, Apple and android will beg for existence!!"...they have a lot to live up to so lets hope they do.

THANKS VERY MUCH. I had wanted to say this for a long time now.

And as a reminder, it's not WPC anymore... It's Windows Central (WC is appropriate in my country, but not elsewhere I suppose, as my country do not use the phrase "Washing Closet").

Edit: Lol, just Googled it, and apparently it's "Water Closet", shows how much I don't know haha

Last edited:

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I think you missed a piece of the puzzle here. If the Ferrari was the same price as the Ford, it would sell better!

No, I never, Ferrari does not need to sell more to survive is what I am saying. I am in the camp that windows phone does NOT need to be the number one platform to survive. Just as Ferrari does not need to be the number one selling car to survive. People who own Ferraris ( real owners not the rich pansies that own them beceuase its a ***** enlargement tool, but those who own them for the history, the driving experience, and the technology) own them for that reason. just as Windows Phone owners buy WP for the same reason, the experience of the best Mobile OS platform out there. Its the best platform of simplicity as well as complexness if you get what I am saying. Its easy to use, but not simplistic like IOS and its not a free for all and open like Android. Its the streamlined polished OS. If people would get past the "image" thing, I think it would sell much better. But people want to be seen holding the latest and greatest from Apple or samesong. I am not talking about the people who go all out with android, that's cool stuff, not for me, but cool and I totally get the deal there. I used to be cracking phones and changing all the software, as well as my computers. But I am older now and just want my electronics to work as one streamlined system. I am talking about the General public who see an ad and say that must the cool thing to own, and go buy it. Cough"iPhone"cough.

As far as I am concerned the apple thing is silly. Its a mediocre phone polished on the outside. The OS is designed by fisher price or leapfrog. Its so childish in application. But thei marketing team is "genius" ha ha.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
No, I never, Ferrari does not need to sell more to survive is what I am saying. I am in the camp that windows phone does NOT need to be the number one platform to survive. Just as Ferrari does not need to be the number one selling car to survive. People who own Ferraris ( real owners not the rich pansies that own them beceuase its a ***** enlargement tool, but those who own them for the history, the driving experience, and the technology) own them for that reason. just as Windows Phone owners buy WP for the same reason, the experience of the best Mobile OS platform out there. Its the best platform of simplicity as well as complexness if you get what I am saying. Its easy to use, but not simplistic like IOS and its not a free for all and open like Android. Its the streamlined polished OS. If people would get past the "image" thing, I think it would sell much better. But people want to be seen holding the latest and greatest from Apple or samesong. I am not talking about the people who go all out with android, that's cool stuff, not for me, but cool and I totally get the deal there. I used to be cracking phones and changing all the software, as well as my computers. But I am older now and just want my electronics to work as one streamlined system. I am talking about the General public who see an ad and say that must the cool thing to own, and go buy it. Cough"iPhone"cough.

As far as I am concerned the apple thing is silly. Its a mediocre phone polished on the outside. The OS is designed by fisher price or leapfrog. Its so childish in application. But thei marketing team is "genius" ha ha.

Yeah, it couldnt possibly be because they actually LIKE it, right? *eye roll*

This is always my issue with windows fanboys when they talk about apple, they constantly think that the apple users are just brainwashed sheeple. But they fail to realize that people might just like what they make. I'm not sure if its a inferiority complex or what.

Its not like windows and windows phone is perfect. Windows still crashes more, needs more trouble shooting then macs, and has more performance issues. And windows phone is in this weird lurch with no new flagship devices and devs and OEMs not really taking it seriously.

BTW I use windows computers daily and have used WP recently, so please don't come back saying I've never used them. Everything has compromises.

Last edited:

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it couldnt possibly be because they actually LIKE it, right? *eye roll*

This is always my issue with windows fanboys when they talk about apple, they constantly think that the apple users are just brainwashed sheeple. But they fail to realize that people might just like what they make. I'm not sure if its a inferiority complex or what.

Its not like windows and windows phone is perfect. Windows still crashes more, needs more trouble shooting then macs, and has more performance issues. And windows phone is in this weird lurch with no new flagship devices and devs and OEMs not really taking it seriously.

BTW I use windows computers daily and have used WP recently, so please don't come back saying I've never used them. Everything has compromises.

No, I am not a windows ******, I like windows the best as I used everything and Windows is the best overall package. I have said what I say about apple sheeple long before I was using windows phone buddy. I have a few friends, that are like "did you see the new itoiletpaper" or whatever. My god they drive you effin crazy. Like its the second coming of god or something. Apple products are no better, and most times worse than any other competing product out there. But their marketing/brainwashing sucks the sheep right to the barn. All the "revolutionary" features they rob from other companies. Even the name IPhone was robbed from a company in South America. Apple is the evil empire and now they are too big to be stopped, they sucker in government to sway the judges in their favor, etc. If you think this does not happen, you are either 1. na?ve, 2. live in a cave in the mountains somewhere. I have owned every side of apple and im 100 percent happy to be rid of it all as it was overpriced crap.

Also, I beg to differ on the crashing/troubleshooting etc. I have no issues with any of my windows products where as I have seen the beachball more times that I care to count. Again, spoken like a sheep. "Macs never crash, macs just work, Macs never have virus or datamining issues, never get hacked etc, The hardware is nuke proof, blah blah blah.

I have used windows since 3.11, and had owned a couple of mac computers. All my windows computers combined have had less hardware and software issues than my couple of apple products. Again, overpriced turds.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
No, I am not a windows ******, I like windows the best as I used everything and Windows is the best overall package. I have said what I say about apple sheeple long before I was using windows phone buddy. I have a few friends, that are like "did you see the new itoiletpaper" or whatever. My god they drive you effin crazy. Like its the second coming of god or something. Apple products are no better, and most times worse than any other competing product out there. But their marketing/brainwashing sucks the sheep right to the barn. All the "revolutionary" features they rob from other companies. Even the name IPhone was robbed from a company in South America. Apple is the evil empire and now they are too big to be stopped, they sucker in government to sway the judges in their favor, etc. If you think this does not happen, you are either 1. na?ve, 2. live in a cave in the mountains somewhere. I have owned every side of apple and im 100 percent happy to be rid of it all as it was overpriced crap.

Also, I beg to differ on the crashing/troubleshooting etc. I have no issues with any of my windows products where as I have seen the beachball more times that I care to count. Again, spoken like a sheep. "Macs never crash, macs just work, Macs never have virus or datamining issues, never get hacked etc, The hardware is nuke proof, blah blah blah.

I have used windows since 3.11, and had owned a couple of mac computers. All my windows computers combined have had less hardware and software issues than my couple of apple products. Again, overpriced turds.

I never said that macs never crash or get viruses, but it's alot less than windows. And really, your calling me a sheep, but your just a paranoid conspiracy theorists. Really? You think their bribing judges and governments and people are just brainwashed. I bet your also somebody who thought 911 was a inside job and that the their were multiple gunmen in the JFK assassination.
The problem is your putting too much focus on specs. Software optimization is extremely important and unfortunately windows can't do that because of so many different devices.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
they proved there was only one gunman. I think windows is pretty damn optimized as I have multiple devices all running windows of one version or another and all run EXACTLY the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)