Why is Windows better than Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishant Sinha

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Why use google maps when you have here maps on android and also they open instantly compared to splash screen on WP.

Cortana really? I know its in beta stage but why the hell it takes a lot of time to make a simple query.the down part of google now is its not interactive but offers great suggestions and every alerts to your interests compared to Cortana in my country unless you add google cards to your home screen.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Does android have tile customization? I think you'll need to download those launchers which is a total garbage. Live tiles in every way is better
Yes, you can add widgets after dragging to your home screen. Launchers are not really widgets, they are softwares that can change your home screen look, and again you can customize this to your liking. Well for lagfree operation, best is wp 😊

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
The max that I got out of my 520 was 2 and a half days with moderate gaming, calls and no internet. With online gaming on asphalt 8 and age of empires plus calls and some whtsapp and music i get a solid 1 day. But do note I only keep internet on when I'm using it. Rest of the time I switch wifi off. Also note that with mobile network usage you are going to end up with really poor backup, which I think is the case with you.

portalfocus

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Flawless, lag free UI. Live tiles make up my day for almost everything. Start background on tiles, live updates on lock screen, glance etc. Offline maps(sometimes very important to me). Excellent camera(if you have pureview). Extended updates even for old phones.(WP 8 devices would be getting WP 10 update)
Also Nokia's build quality.
That's all I can think of...
Not only on PureView Cameras. My L720 has a very good camera for it Price and others phones too

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
what do you feel windows phone has over android?

Right now I have a android phone (and a iphone 5S on the side) and while its OK, there's some things that are annoying me such as lag when web browsing, occasional crashes, and since my phone isn't a nexus device or Motorola phone (I have a One M8) its doesn't gave the full lollipop design and I'm going to wait months for updates.

I'm wondering how windows phone is going to compare in response or if I'm best to just stick to android? While I like iOS, I'm kinda trying to be diverse with my tech and not go all in on a single OEM or company. Although I still think iPad I'd still the best tablet right now. And I may or may not get a macbook. Deciding between that it a surface pro 3.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: what do you feel windows phone has over android?

NOTHING, (only after Microsoft's decision to make every feature available to other platforms).

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Right now I have a android phone (and a iphone 5S on the side) and while its OK, there's some things that are annoying me such as lag when web browsing, occasional crashes, and since my phone isn't a nexus device or Motorola phone (I have a One M8) its doesn't gave the full lollipop design and I'm going to wait months for updates.

I'm wondering how windows phone is going to compare in response or if I'm best to just stick to android? While I like iOS, I'm kinda trying to be diverse with my tech and not go all in on a single OEM or company. Although I still think iPad I'd still the best tablet right now. And I may or may not get a macbook. Deciding between that it a surface pro 3.

The "App gap" :p

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Missing features that a smartphone should have.
More apps conform to the OS UI standards than Android, almost all the top apps on Android are janky in comparison. Wonder how long it will take developers to adopt Material UI in their apps

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

You will miss apps.And one question why don't you factory reset your android.I believe HTC M8 has got 2 Gb of ram .But still lags even with kitkat.I cant believe this.OMG.ha haaa.
From Windows phone

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

The surface pro 3 is the best tablet available. And arguably the best piece of computing tech available now regardless of segment. The power, convertability, features and the complete package uses the ipad as a door mat. Compared to the surface pro, the ipad is a childs toy. You can acutally be productive doing various things that the ipad can only dream about.

I have an asus vivotab RT and this tablet is miles ahead of the ipad we have. Again, not even in the same ball park of the productivity you have on windows based tablets compared to IOS (fisher price).

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

The surface pro 3 is the best tablet available. And arguably the best piece of computing tech available now regardless of segment. The power, convertability, features and the complete package uses the ipad as a door mat. Compared to the surface pro, the ipad is a childs toy. You can acutally be productive doing various things that the ipad can only dream about.

I have an asus vivotab RT and this tablet is miles ahead of the ipad we have. Again, not even in the same ball park of the productivity you have on windows based tablets compared to IOS (fisher price).

Ipad and sp3, comparing 2 completely different animals....Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Long Term Test Drive Report - Forbes

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

The surface pro 3 is the best tablet available. And arguably the best piece of computing tech available now regardless of segment. The power, convertability, features and the complete package uses the ipad as a door mat. Compared to the surface pro, the ipad is a childs toy.

I don't think comparing the iPad to a full fledged CPU in a tablet form is equal footing. Two different markets and two different purposes. That is to say the L1520 is a better tablet than the iPad mini. (Terrible comparison example, yes I know.)

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I keep seeing "productive" and "productivity" and "work" used to describe the surface.

what are YOU doing on the surface that is productive/work ?

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I keep seeing "productive" and "productivity" and "work" used to describe the surface.

We are replacing setups at work that had a desktop and an iPad with SP3s with docking stations and an attached big monitor. We have also replaced a few notebook/dock setups. And we are also planning on targeting some desktop replacements with the same setup where it would be an advantage to be mobile at times.

So it has been incredibly productive/efficient for us. Users love both modes of operation.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Being productive means, doing things that give you an end result, for me its editing photos and videos that I have shot with my camera and phone. You can't do that on the ipad. I am comparing the SP3 and Ipad because they are in the same segment. Tablets. Everyone keeps spouting Ipad is the greatest tablet which is far from the truth if your not blinded by the apple logo. The ipad is no better than a leap pad for kids. You cannot plug in hard drives, printers, scanners etc, you cannot edit photos that were not shot on it, You cannot attach a proper keyboard and have it work as one unit, with extra battery power. There is no extra storage options. Shall I go on? The screen on the SP3 is bigger, and then we have the actual Wacom pen interface. This is where the SP3 really steps up. Editing photos with pen interface like the "pros" do on their add on units to their computers, Is included in the package with the surface. Add awesome note taking and manipulation with the pen and its just hands down a better machine than an I pad.

I also work for the company that bought my Steel building contruction business in which I price buildings for them, and I cannot do that on an ipad, or any mac for that matter as the software is windows only, but even their web based pricing site needs flash so Mac is SOL again since jobs had some sort of pickle up his *** over flash. 90 percent of web based content still use flash so mac users are left out in the cold again with that.

So, yes, I AM VERY PRODUCTIVE with my windows tablet compared to when I had my ipad.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Being productive means, doing things that give you an end result, for me its editing photos and videos that I have shot with my camera and phone. You can't do that on the ipad. I am comparing the SP3 and Ipad because they are in the same segment. Tablets. Everyone keeps spouting Ipad is the greatest tablet which is far from the truth if your not blinded by the apple logo. The ipad is no better than a leap pad for kids. You cannot plug in hard drives, printers, scanners etc, you cannot edit photos that were not shot on it, You cannot attach a proper keyboard and have it work as one unit, with extra battery power. There is no extra storage options. Shall I go on? The screen on the SP3 is bigger, and then we have the actual Wacom pen interface. This is where the SP3 really steps up. Editing photos with pen interface like the "pros" do on their add on units to their computers, Is included in the package with the surface. Add awesome note taking and manipulation with the pen and its just hands down a better machine than an I pad.

I also work for the company that bought my Steel building contruction business in which I price buildings for them, and I cannot do that on an ipad, or any mac for that matter as the software is windows only, but even their web based pricing site needs flash so Mac is SOL again since jobs had some sort of pickle up his *** over flash. 90 percent of web based content still use flash so mac users are left out in the cold again with that.

So, yes, I AM VERY PRODUCTIVE with my windows tablet compared to when I had my ipad.

Why is Mac SOL because of flash needs? A Mac can have flash installed on it. OSX, even.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

that's interesting. a few weeks ago i watched the neighborhood kids shoot and edit a video in a decently entertaining movie of their creek exploration. i didn't realize video editing was possible previous to that, but apparently it is. maybe you have an application that works on desktops that isn't available for other platforms ?

interesting again, i am using flash on my hackintosh currently, it works pretty well. EDIT- i see you're refering to the ipad, not mac os, ok, i got it now :)

for the few win32 applications i'm still in need of- i run xp in a vmware session on my hackintosh. so far the only program i have that requires this is Odin, for flashing android phones prior to being rooted.

i've never met steve jobs, or seen the pickle you mentioned, so i can't really confirm or deny, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo