Windows Phone is most stable smartphone OS?

wp_user2

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Most unstable it is have 1320 sd problem no matter what brand size class the phone cant handle the sd on desent way VERY dissapointed on wp this was my second a d LAST wp for sure next one will be a RELIABLE Android......

Last edited:

chris722

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
With iPhone it really depends on how many apps you have running. It is pretty good about recovering from a freeze, whereas with Android you may as well just restart the phone and make your life a lot easier. In Android's defense I have had apps resume after several minutes, so if the patience is there, Android will recover as well but that is not practical, and is actually quite dangerous because you stand to risk missing calls or burning through your battery, or overheating issues which has happened to me a lot as well. iPhone handles the heat issue quite well but I have had to pull my Android out of my pocket and let it fall on the floor, as it was too hot to the touch. Particularly when I was using a case (which is why I no longer use a case on my Android).

I use a battery app on my iPhone 4s that I use to clear out apps when it gets sluggish. Of course this is on iOS 7, and there may have been a lot of changes in iOS 8 that addresses these issues, as I am unable to upgrade the 4s to iOS8.

My power user, heavy use set up in Android that required me to wait several minutes for Android to respond would include the latest versions of Google apps, in particular Google Search, and the use of Google Keyboard or some other third party keyboard. Android has an issue in that the keyboard is inaccessible on low end devices when memory intensive apps like Chrome and Google Search are in use for several minutes at a time (though turning the phone off and back on sometimes fixed the issue). The bottom line is that I like to run a lot of apps at the same time, when I probably shouldn't. It will be interesting to see how well my 635 handles this, if at all. I should also mention that when I had those overheating issues I was running several apps from the SD card simultaneously; I have since then reset the phone to default values and I do not run any apps from the SD card. Nothing like waiting several minutes for apps to show up on the phone when you restart it to turn you off to that idea.

tejanaqkilica

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky then. I have a 1520 and the resuming bug is maddening!!! It happens almost everytime I unlock my phone and also when I resume most apps and games. And it can take up to ten seconds at times! It's bad enough that I'm seriously considering selling the phone!

So in good conscience, there is no way I would call this OS more stable than iOS, not even close. Not even sure if we're more stable than Android now that they have lollipop.

Why don't you sell it to me for a reasonable price

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it is the most stable os. Have had less bugs and problems with all my windows phones than all my friends and family on android and iOS.

That resuming problem isn't the fault of the OS but rather a problem in firmware so not optimized enough. Cause if everyone had that bug, yeah it would be the OS but it is only a small group with that bug...

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
If ignore Official Xbox music, video and game hub performance and forget resuming and loading screen then I would say it is most stable OS.
But I haven't seen Android or iOS devices crashing in this regard. So they are also as stable as WP.

When you consider stablity then 3rd party apps are also the part of it.(I don't know for sure but whereever I read something about stablity article also include apps crashing)
So, now if we consider this too then.........i don't think it is.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
If ignore Official Xbox music, video and game hub performance and forget resuming and loading screen then I would say it is most stable OS.
But I haven't seen Android or iOS devices crashing in this regard. So they are also as stable as WP.

When you consider stablity then 3rd party apps are also the part of it.(I don't know for sure but whereever I read something about stablity article also include apps crashing)
So, now if we consider this too then.........i don't think it is.

I have never had an app crash. On iOS and Android that happens to me all the time.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Not on dev preview
tried kids corner trick
Apps are installed in internal memory on my 520.

Then it's what I originally said... You're complaining about performance on a cheap phone that can be bought for $50. It has 512mb of ram. Have you tried such low-end Androids? They lag 24/7 and crash a lot, I know, my Mom had one before I got her to switch to the Lumia 635. It performs 100x better than her Android that was the exact same price.

elyod

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I experienced the resuming issue while on dev preview on a 1520. The way I got around it was to tap the search key, open Cortana, then press the home key. It worked for me everytime. I had to exchange that phone and the new one I have has never had the issue despite being on dev preview. Other than that I have had no reliability issues.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Aside of the well known Cortana tile problem and some hiccups with the apps and camera, I've got no other major complain about my 1020 so far...
After one year, this thing still performs quite admirably, considering its a dual-core phone...

For you guys who uses SD card, you WILL get the lags if you don't use a high-class SD card...
Especially if you have apps installed in it and you pinned some of them in your start screen.

Blame your slow SD card, not your phone (especially the 1520 guy)

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Never have app crash on WP?
It happens all the time on WP. (even official music app crashes a lot)

I repeat, I have NEVER had an app crash, and I use Xbox Music all day long. My phone is a mid-range from two years ago (Lumia 820). Xbox Music is now faster than the music app on my Android Tablet after all the updates it has had.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I think it is. I had an S4 mini for 4 days and it rebooted when starting the Xbox Music app. Also, web pages would lag. They loaded faster than Lumia 520 but would lag while scrolling, while the iPod Touch stutters when scrolling. So, I consider WP the smoothest and most stable in my experience.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
May be it's because of the dev preview that I'm using on my 1520 :-? But after some days of using, the facebook app (not beta), the skype and facebook message faced a lot of resuming. And worst of cases is crash then be kicked out to start screen. Need to restart the phone and these apps resume as fast as run again.

But well, the iOS also has multi gesture stops responding and crashing app as well. And don't mention about the Android.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Crashing apps have nothing to do with the OS and have everything to do with the developer, yes even Microsoft.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.

Go search the forums for "random battery drain" and "random reboots", and then ask if Windows Phone is the most stable OS out there.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'd rather have a "Resuming..." screen than a bunch of apps that just crash continually. I mean, machines fail. All software will eventually crash. But I haven't had even 1/50th of the freezing, stalling or crashing as I did on my Nexus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss