Another iPhone down...

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, yet another iPhone in my family has gone down. This time it's my sons iPhone 5s. Home button fails to react again. His IPhone 4s did the same thing. High quality hardware there for sure. My mothers iPhone 4 blew is back off when the battery exploded. Lots of poor quality devices coming from the evil empire if you ask me. I am guessing I have my hands full replaceing the button this time since they have the Magical and revolutionary finger print scanner in there. I have to look now and see how to replace yet another home button. JUNK!

tanya shah1

Banned
Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
the exact same issue has plagued my brothers iphones,his home and power buttons have broken 4-5 times so far within a week
luckily,he had warranty each time so they replaced it for him each time
hes now considering the 830

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
no, I don't have videos, photos. When **** breaks, the last thing I worry about is taking videos or photos. I have 3 phones that don't work however. So happy. Luck would have it 2 of the three were ready for upgrades. but the 4s that was upgraded to the 5s only a year ago. So he's stuck with a POS phone for another 2 years. Thanks apple for making the lastest IPhone unfixable with that stupid gimmick fingerprint scanner.

My son is 16 and he won't switch to another type of phone because all his friends have icrap too and use facetime, imessage (useless as everyone known to man has unlimited texting), don't want to loose the "cool" factor of not having an iPhone.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
no, I don't have videos, photos. When **** breaks, the last thing I worry about is taking videos or photos. I have 3 phones that don't work however. So happy. Luck would have it 2 of the three were ready for upgrades. but the 4s that was upgraded to the 5s only a year ago. So he's stuck with a POS phone for another 2 years. Thanks apple for making the lastest IPhone unfixable with that stupid gimmick fingerprint scanner.

My son is 16 and he won't switch to another type of phone because all his friends have icrap too and use facetime, imessage (useless as everyone known to man has unlimited texting), don't want to loose the "cool" factor of not having an iPhone.

Does the iphone 5 workaround fix work for the 5s also?....https://snapguide.com/guides/lock-your-iphone-if-your-power-button-is-broken/

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I think it does, but that does not change the fact of shoddy hardware that does not work like it should. I think he has the "workaround" activated. Poor solution to a common problem that could be fixed easily with a properly designed piece of hard ware. I have never had any button break on any other phone I have had. not from normal use anyways, being dropped and broken does not count. his phone is always in a case and he is very careful with it. Just crap hardware.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Well pissin' and moanin' ain't gonna fix it. Do you have an Apple store nearby? I was able to get my kids 5 fixed under the recall, maybe if you set up an appointment at the genius bar and talk nicely to them they might fix it for you. Sorry you have had poor luck, the majority of apple products my family and i have owned have been of very high quality. Nothing but good things to say for apple products here, Itunes, different story...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
What are people doing to their phones? I've had the same iPhone 5 for almost 2 years and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Granted, it's my work phone so it sees no duty on weekends but still.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Well pissin' and moanin' ain't gonna fix it. Do you have an Apple store nearby? I was able to get my kids 5 fixed under the recall, maybe if you set up an appointment at the genius bar and talk nicely to them they might fix it for you. Sorry you have had poor luck, the majority of apple products my family and i have owned have been of very high quality. Nothing but good things to say for apple products here, Itunes, different story...
Yeah. All our apple products have been crap. Button issues, and no apple store on the east coast...
Thats why iI ditched them long ago.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
NOpe. East coast of Canada. Closest store is Halifax which is 10 hrs drive, plus a 6 hr ferry ride. Not happening. besides, IT SHOULD'NT BREAK

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I used to use Macs, 15-20 years ago.

My Performa 630 died after 11 months. Was repaired, but died after another 4 months.
2 x PowerMac 4400 died after 13 months.

One failure would be forgivable. Two failures and you're beginning to take the p!ss. Three failures and you've lost the custom of an entire family - husband, wife, children, grandparents, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces. As the IT 'guru' in our family, I NEVER recommend anything from Apple.

Highly priced, well built, mediocre spec, poor reliability.

No way would I waste my hard earned money on an iPhone.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Nope. However when your 16, that's the "in thing" to have. So, I have to buy them for him. Knowing damn well that in a year its going to be crapped out because of regular use. The finger print gimmick is now the reason I have to spend 600 bucks to buy a new phone. only to have the same thing happen again.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I used to use Macs, 15-20 years ago.

My Performa 630 died after 11 months. Was repaired, but died after another 4 months.
2 x PowerMac 4400 died after 13 months.

One failure would be forgivable. Two failures and you're beginning to take the p!ss. Three failures and you've lost the custom of an entire family - husband, wife, children, grandparents, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces. As the IT 'guru' in our family, I NEVER recommend anything from Apple.

Highly priced, well built, mediocre spec, poor reliability.

No way would I waste my hard earned money on an iPhone.

I pretty much just sit back and watch my family members buy exclusively Apple products. It's been great for me. Many 4, 4s, 5,5s, and now 6 and 6+ devices as well as a crap load of ipads. One bad 5 and one 6 that may or may not be operator error related issues. The best thing is how quickly they sell on Craigslist for top dollar when the contract period is up. Can't hardly keep track of all the calls i get. Try to sell a windows phone used on craigslist. Crickets....Lets see how things rank...http://9to5mac.com/2014/04/24/apple...-smartphone-satisfaction-across-all-carriers/

Last edited:

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank goodness my daughters iPhone 5s has been a brick house. She's done more to that thing than you can imagine. Drops, water damage, etc. And it still works flawless. Kind of like those old school Nokia memes you see. It could damage a sidewalk and keep working. Just wish my Lumias had been as reliable as her iPhone. One of many reasons I've made an iPhone my daily driver and my 1520 my "iPod"/media device. Still love my 1520, but for what it truly is, a sidekick to my iPhone.

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
You sir are very lucky. Apple products are shoddy and made for the image, not the long run.

Disagree. The hardware is excellent - I have 3 4's still working perfectly. And a half destroyed iPad 2 that works flawlessly. My 1020 is my daily driver though because I truly feel Windows is superior to iOS. However unless a flagship arrives soon my family goes back to Apple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3