640 xl / lumia 930 real life usage experience needed

Abdullah Sulman

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
640 XL and lumia 930 USERS help me decide

Ok guys first off ... It would be great if real life users share their experience. I own a Lumia 820 currently and planning on an upgrade. The options are 640 xl new or good condition used 930 ( cost about same where I live ). SO HERE IS THE REAL QUESTION. I love 930 its screen and performance and everything about it . The only thing which is holding me back is battery life . I want to know how much battery life i would have to sacrifice if I buy lumia 930. Keeping in mind i am a very heavy user .. (3d games with data on almost full day). Dont care about expandable storage. And if i go for lumia 640 XL what can u say about its gaming performance i.e. asphalt 8 & royal revolt 2 ( playing them all day). Plz help me out here guys.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys first off ... It would be great if real life users share their experience. I own a Lumia 820 currently and planning on an upgrade. The options are 640 xl new or good condition used 930 ( cost about same where I live ). SO HERE IS THE REAL QUESTION. I love 930 its screen and performance and everything about it . The only thing which is holding me back is battery life . I want to know how much battery life i would have to sacrifice if I buy lumia 930. Keeping in mind i am a very heavy user .. (3d games with data on almost full day). Dont care about expandable storage. And if i go for lumia 640 XL what can u say about its gaming performance i.e. asphalt 8 & royal revolt 2 ( playing them all day). Plz help me out here guys.

Ive seen a lot of battery life issue posts of 930 here in WC forums.. I dont know if its true or not but i think 930 has that issue.. 640xl would definetly give you awesome battery life( 2 days min even on heavy usage) but you wont get performance, quality and camera as the 930..

Abdullah Sulman

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: 640 XL and lumia 930 USERS help me decide

Need to find a balance between battery life and performance. Currently lumia 820 is horrible on battery... Hardly stands an hour while gaming

Abdullah Sulman

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

If Microsoft had put snapdragon 600 in lumia 640 XL... Would have gone for it without second thought

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Need to find a balance between battery life and performance. Currently lumia 820 is horrible on battery... Hardly stands an hour while gaming
If you're looking for better battery life-640xl
For performance- 930..
Its not like 640xl is a bad performing phone but heavy graphic games wont be as smooth as on 930

Abdullah Sulman

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

BTK2912

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

I'm not a gamer but can confirm my 930 is heavy on juice under prolonged usage. I tend to use a charging plate to keep it topped up otherwise its charged twice a day.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

The 930 on heavy usage (continuous web browsing on hspa+) lasts for 4-5hrs. On wifi lasts abt 6hrs and maybe 2-3hrs for gaming. I hope u do know about the issues of the 930 too. Like the 3&4 mic failure. Try to get one without those faults. The snapdragon 400(L640) is fast enough for daily asks but really suffers on graphics intensive games like modern combat,nova etc. While the 930 runs those games without lag. Played modern combat on both phones the 640 sometimes crashes after playing the game for a while and it takes a long time to load. U can't get both power and battery life together at least or now ☺ .

Abdullah Sulman

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
The 930 on heavy usage (continuous web browsing on hspa+) lasts for 4-5hrs. On wifi lasts abt 6hrs and maybe 2-3hrs for gaming. I hope u do know about the issues of the 930 too. Like the 3&4 mic failure. Try to get one without those faults. The snapdragon 400(L640) is fast enough for daily asks but really suffers on graphics intensive games like modern combat,nova etc. While the 930 runs those games without lag. Played modern combat on both phones the 640 sometimes crashes after playing the game for a while and it takes a long time to load. U can't get both power and battery life together at least or now ☺ .
Thanks a ton .. This helped alot ... Can you explain more about the mic issue .. Dont know about that .. And how to check if all mics are ok ?

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a ton .. This helped alot ... Can you explain more about the mic issue .. Dont know about that .. And how to check if all mics are ok ?

Well the mic issue. The problem is most Lumia 930's third and 4th mic don't work. Or either one of them. U can check that just using some recorder app to record voice.if it doesn't it's having the issue. It also affects shazam, skype , u get mono audio rather then 5.1 surround when recording videos , whatsapp voice message can't be sent like the other person will receive the message but only a static voice will be there.same for any recorder app downloaded from store. , call can't be used in speaker mode and some others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss