How would a 950 fair if it was in the same situation as the iPhone

Tom Campbell2

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
If that crazy guy had a Windows 10 phone instead of an iPhone, how easily would the FBI/NSA get into his Windows phone.

I ask this question with the idea that Device Encryption is turned on, and the recovery key has not been left on OneDrive.

Any experts out there who can provide a guess as how this would have turned out if I had been MS instead of Apple?

dajma00

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
On windows 10 encryption is optional. If that were the case then it is much easier to get to data. With iPhone I think encryption is standard. So that makes things much harder. Further I think ms does not have reset protection enabled even on some of the newer devices. So getting into the phone becomes much easier.

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Good question, but I'd "imagine"the FBI has already cracked the iPhone. They need the court to say it's okay, win the case etc. only so they ACT on the information they already have. They are simply stuck with not being able to say how they got whatever evidence they have without saying they broke the law (currently). Apple is having a field day with the implication of an un-crackable phone in the press.

Just a theory...but I'd also not bank on our windows phones putting up a fight when being hacked.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
on a Windows phone, they could easily pop out the SD card and read it on any pc. but guessing a passcode /password on the phone would be the tricky part. Also Windows phone does not force you to use a password, so that's another thing to mention.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss