Should I buy MOTO G TURBO/ONE PLUS X or wait for windows 10 in my Lumia 640XL

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Please dont give lame replies like, uncluttered UI in android or lagdroid all that. I have my dad using Moto g first version for two years and it doesn't lag qualifies marshmallow and one plus x works great too with my cousin.

Please reason out as to why consumer should wait for windows 10. Is there any advantage.

One advantage - Camera manual focus

Please list out rest if any

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to try and tell you to stick with windows.

But you can simply download the insider preview and use windows 10 now.

Before I got my 1520, the 640 xl was my main phone and tbh it was actually pretty dang awesome. Had the orange model and it ran it well. Love the extension of using windows 10 mobile alongside my windows desktop and surface.

No one here can make that decision for you. Windows fans like myself will tell you to stick with the OS. The haters will come in and bash the OS and say it sucks and you should go with android.

I say do what you feel is best. At least try the insider program. Been Running it since day 1 and I am happy on it running windows 10 for nearly a year now :)

Simonas Sereiva

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I have Lumia 640 and windows 10 mobile is working quite well. When Microsoft release windows 10 mobile officially OS will work much better.
I also suggest you to think which platform is better for you.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been extremely resistant to putting Insider on my 1520 as a daily driver.

However, I recently got a $30 Lumia 640 and put Insider Release ring on it. I've been using it daily for over 2 weeks. I think it is stable enough on the Slow and Release rings right now even to risk a sole device. Besides, WDRT is your friend.

Why not try it out and see what you think? No one else is going to be able to replicate your usage patterns and tastes. If you don't like 10, you can revert and it goes a looong way toward answering your own question.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have been extremely resistant to putting Insider on my 1520 as a daily driver.

However, I recently got a $30 Lumia 640 and put Insider Release ring on it. I've been using it daily for over 2 weeks. I think it is stable enough on the Slow and Release rings right now even to risk a sole device. Besides, WDRT is your friend.

Why not try it out and see what you think? No one else is going to be able to replicate your usage patterns and tastes. If you don't like 10, you can revert and it goes a looong way toward answering your own question.

You should definitely try it on the 1520. Feels like Windows phone 8.1 to me

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You should definitely try it on the 1520. Feels like Windows phone 8.1 to me

I'm considering it highly. So far I've resisted because I use it as a lifeline, go to all-in-one when I travel. I may move it to 10 very soon though since the stability has been so great for me on the 640. I just dread the setup from scratch yet again. LOL

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering it highly. So far I've resisted because I use it as a lifeline, go to all-in-one when I travel. I may move it to 10 very soon though since the stability has been so great for me on the 640. I just dread the setup from scratch yet again. LOL

The only issues I've had thus far are the occasional app crash and that's apps that did that on wp8.1.

I do remember when I had my old Lumia 1520(I miss yellow Pikachu one so bad lol) the builds then were so awful lol. But then again this was like may or June. It's amazing how far they have come.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply guys. After being with wp for like four years I have finally given up and moved to android world

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Went ahead with lenovo k3 note.

Didn't like the shape of MOTO and one plus x was too brittle. Lenovo offered good specs at a budget price and hence.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa