Microsoft should put Android on Lumias

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Topic moved to Phone Wars.

On topic, I think you may be overestimating the hardware wonders of the Lumia line, especially it no longer has the Nokia brand associated with it.

So if they do ship some kind of Android on their phones, sure they might benefit in the hardware game, but then they become just another OEM. I think we can watch Blackberry and the path they are going down, not that the PRIV was a bad decision or anything. I'd get on if it was smaller.

and bye bye overall UWP appeal along with a chunk of MS's long term strategy.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Topic moved to Phone Wars.

and bye bye overall UWP appeal along with a chunk of MS's long term strategy.

Actually their recent purchase of Xamarin would allow their UWP strategy to still work as all new Win 10 apps could be built using that inc android apps and as the device would be running android it would have access to all current android apps with no modifications. Seems a legit idea right now that fits right into their strategy.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft should start selling Lumias with Android on them. Lumia phones would then make it to the list of top selling phones.

No they wouldn't, they'd get laughed at and lost in the vast oceans of Android OEMs. Samsung have a vast lead over all the rest in Android sales.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Crazy!
Somebody out there might have a Frankenstein's monster lurking!
:winktongue:

Attachments

• 87546.jpg
    87546.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I find Android clunky and I worry about security with its lack of updates. My suspicion is that Microsoft would rather partner with Apple more, if anything. But, I think in the long run we will just see more and more Microsoft apps that can run on both iOS and Android phones--they are interested in selling software and only use hardware to show off the software possibilities. They want to get everyone hooked on Office and Microsoft apps so thoroughly that eventually they can start charging for those things on a subscription basis, like they do for larger devices.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
But I bought the lumia because it was on windows. If I wanted Android I'd get a Samsung s7 or any other of the android phones available with amazing hardware. Android has so many choices in hardware the lumia would do nothing.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
There are so many options for going Android. I am MS user because I love Nokia, Microsoft, Lumia and Surface and most importantly Windows, there is no need for Android and it would not change anything.

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
oh please no! I am currently using a s6 active because I need something water resistant " new level of hate forming" I cannot wait for microsoft or one of their hardware partners to come out with a water resistant phone with a decent processor and a 5 inch ish screen. the hp elite would be fantastic other than it is too big.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft should start selling Lumias with Android on them. Lumia phones would then make it to the list of top selling phones.

Android doesn't do what Windows 10 can, and that's because Windows 10 is made for any device, no matter the platform.

So, no. I don't want my 950 XL to be downgraded all because the apps aren't there, yet.

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
oh please no! I am currently using a s6 active because I need something water resistant " new level of hate forming" I cannot wait for microsoft or one of their hardware partners to come out with a water resistant phone with a decent processor and a 5 inch ish screen. the hp elite would be fantastic other than it is too big.
umm...Moly X1 is water resistant, 5.5" 1080 screen, mid grade processor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)