What's happening to Windows phone?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah may be......but MSFT should give a good answer for them by giving more preference to windows 10 mobile than to the apps on other platforms

So what's been the indication for you that MS hasn't been paying enough attention to windows mobile platform?

Moving on.. Get rid of the tiles? Ehm is Apple getting rid of icons?

pick a name and stick with it? Well you got me there, but it's tied to one company so I'm not to worried about that. Doesn't android come up with a new name for every release so that we know it's different from the previous one? Yes I understand that MS hasn't just changed the name, but has been building the platform from the ground up. However basic things are still there..Tiles anyone? but I slightly agree with whoever wrote that article on this one

Prove that WP matters? Satya has stated time and time again during separate interviews that windows mobile is a part of the vision for the future. Does this calm me down? No, because we're dealing with a businessman and at the end of the day they will make decisions that are positive for their business in the long term and not for the fans. The fact that it's still a business above all else was clearly displayed when they decided to cut off certain phones from upgrading to windows 10 threshold builds. However that same move also displays the support for w10m. They could've easily said, that they aren't having any luck with getting things done on the mobile front as fast as they want to, and as such they would cut their losses, but they didn't. They looked at a bad situation and tried to make the best of it instead of just cutting the fans off.

A flagship? Ehm 1520/930/950+XL?? For the way it looks? Ok yea the 950 series has a bland look, but have you actually held one? Look at the flipping screen, it's gorgeous! If you need other people to notice your phone, you're somewhat pretentious.. However don't we have Mozo??

Reduce the number of models? Ehm MS has already stated that they will cut down on making phones, which in turn should reduce the number of models. However that won't stop others from making phones with weird names, but I fully expect those companies to stick to their own naming schemes (Alcatel...) and their fans should be able to easily see what phone belongs to which category. Plus you can easily look at the specs and tell which phone is a "killer" and which one is pretending to be a "killer" lol. If you can't do that, there are tons of tech blogs out there who can help you make up your mind... Having one or two devices won't necessarily attract more customers tho :/ People who are here, don't want iOS/Android so basically they wanted more choices :/

I'm not a ****** :p but I'll call it like I see it.. I like iOS.. I like Android, but I picked WP :)

Edit: forgot to add this.. Yes I get annoyed when I see a new app being released for iOS/Android and we don't even have it yet -_- but they've said this a dozen times by now... It isn't a question of prioritizing the other platforms. It's a question of how fast the teams work. Different teams for the different platforms. The other 2 teams aren't working with mostly beta software, but the WP team is.. However it still annoys me to see apps released for the others :D

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not saying to get rid of tiles. But just see the MSFT own apps on other platforms. They are better than ours. Our OS is still unstable. So i wish we had more stable platform. So that we can proudly show off our platform.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The argument about Microsoft creating apps for different platforms is an old one that doesn't really hold water. Microsoft is a software company that creates software and supports it's users on different platforms.

Microsoft is the only one of the big three that does this. Do you see Apple doing this for Windows? Do you see Google doing this for Windows? Do you see Apple and Google creating apps for each other's systems?

Microsoft is doing a great job of giving its customers choice about what hardware to use while still supporting them. It would be great if the other guys did as well.

The article posted is a bit trashy. The idea of getting rid of tiles is somewhat lame and doesn't offer anything at all in exchange.

Microsoft has said before that they're no longer aggressively chasing market share - they just want to offer Windows 10 on a wide variety of devices and give people a similar experience on all of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention