Windows Live Tiles vs Android Widgets

sp14

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Which do you believe is the best of the two?

Myself, I love the whole concept of live tiles. They are beautiful and the ability to get updated so quickly by just a glance is simply awesome.

However,I have to admit that widgets can provide a lot more of information.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it all depends.

I had some live tiles that were great, but others were more dead than alive since they failed to update.

The same goes for widgets. I had some that updated and showed lots of useful information, but others just took up unnecessary space on the screen.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've moved your thread to the Phone Wars forum, since this topic is not a time-sensitive request for help with a device, but is a comparison of specific features in Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile vs Android.

sp14

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
No problem and thanks for the answer!

To be honest I am kind of disappointed to towards live tiles. It is a feature highly hyped by Microsoft and has a lot of potential. But I have not seen any great improvement over the years. Cheseable live tiles are coming, but that is hardly enough. Interactive live tiles have been rumoured for some time now,and there is actually a teaser video, although no steps have been taken to bring it to the platform.
Originally posted by Laura Knotek
I've moved your thread to the Phone Wars forum, since this topic is not a time-sensitive request for help with a device, but is a comparison of specific features in Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile vs Android.

trha

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
No problem and thanks for the answer!

To be honest I am kind of disappointed to towards live tiles. It is a feature highly hyped by Microsoft and has a lot of potential. But I have not seen any great improvement over the years. Cheseable live tiles are coming, but that is hardly enough. Interactive live tiles have been rumoured for some time now,and there is actually a teaser video, although no steps have been taken to bring it to the platform.

Live tiles are just pleasing to look at. Sometimes I just keep staring at my start screen to see how the tiles move. Interactive live tiles would be the last missing piece IMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans