Lumia 950 vs Sony Z5

steva11

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been using a Sony Z5 for a few months , after upgrading from a 1020. I loved the 1020's OS and camera, but the screen size and lag made me want to switch. My friend has a 950 he wants to trade for my Z5. I'm wondering if anyone has used both and what the pros and cons are.

Also, I've heard different sources saying the 950 does, and does not have panorama and my friend can't find it in his settings. Can someone confirm if that option is available?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Panorama is not available on the 950, although Microsoft has confirmed it will be pushed out as a Camera feature update. I would suggest sticking with the Z5. Its clearly a better device than the 950. If it were a 950XL then it would've been an even trade.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Well, if you want to cheaply swap over to a windows phone and are "done" with the Xperia, I don't see a problem. Although, I do think that the hardware is better on the Z5 even though I ever just played with one for five minutes. I also like the smaller radius corners on the Z5. I was bummed when I realised my 950 had twice as large radius (radii?) than the 930.

With all that said, I don't think you should listen too much to any of us. It's a decision you have to make yourself. Will you miss the Z5? What features do you need or want? What can you live with/without? It's all down to preferences. I'm not even sure that the better hardware (or not) matters that much in the end. Very few of us own a phone for, say, five years. Mine usually last 3-4 years, but I realise I'm in the minority on this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte