Will you consider getting a Windows phone if Windows 10 mobile gets Snapchat and Pokemon GO?

ariker01

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will you consider getting a windows phone if windows 10 mobile gets snapchat and pokemon GO?

I just want my Facebook, LinkedIn and twitter to sync to my people hub. I really used this in 8.1.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will you consider getting a windows phone if windows 10 mobile gets snapchat and pokemon GO?

I was being sarcastic...

I wasn't being sarcastic The new blackberry DTEK 50 looks kind of sweet if you ever wanted to jump ship. If I was to leave I would go for it

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Well, I couldn't care less if Snapchat and Pokemon GO is there or not. Phone is a phone. I expect it to make calls, send texts and get my emails. WhatsApp is also good to have. Hipster apps ?? I do not need them... So for me presence of certain apps is not the factor to pick the phone or not...

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Well, I couldn't care less if Snapchat and Pokemon GO is there or not. Phone is a phone. I expect it to make calls, send texts and get my emails. WhatsApp is also good to have. Hipster apps ?? I do not need them... So for me presence of certain apps is not the factor to pick the phone or not...

I am with you for the most part in that I don't play any games. But I think I might move away from Windows phone because MS heart is not in it any more. If they don't care for their own platform why should I. I will wait 1 more year when It comes time to replace my 640 then decide. The only hope I can see is with the OEMs coming on board they might but some pressure on MS to do the right thing.

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I am with you for the most part in that I don't play any games. But I think I might move away from Windows phone because MS heart is not in it any more. If they don't care for their own platform why should I. I will wait 1 more year when It comes time to replace my 640 then decide. The only hope I can see is with the OEMs coming on board they might but some pressure on MS to do the right thing.

My approach is more or less the same for now however, Microsoft said they are not focusing on Windows phone this year. I would say there will be no new device or any announcement of the new kit. I'll give them time till 2018 and either go for new Microsoft hardware or good device from other OEM. I have a funny feeling they try to run the same model as Google with Android. Google also does not make to many devices apart from Nexus line. Microsoft is trying to do the same with Surface line. They will do Windows 10 mobile any way... It is to big now to stop...

Flavio Taniguchi

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, the problem is bigger than this simples app.
1 - Nowadays the android rules the market of smartphones. People are used to work and play with the Android OS. Imagine if Google make a Desktop OS with the same interface (that is happen at this momment). The young ones will migrate fast to this new OS, making Microsoft lose not just the smartphone market (that are running low now) but the Desktop market too. They dont do the right attention to a great market and will lose more than just the smartphone market. For example, nowadays people access more internet from a smartphone than a regular PC. Today Microsoft are the leader of the PC market, but tomorrow who knows?
2 - Microsoft saying that the windows mobile focus are productivity, but will the lack of app and updated app, why to continuous using it? To productivity we need to know what is happening in the world, for example, you may gain money with this pokemon go fever if you know it by selling toys, creating thematic partys, and so on.
3 - Even a decent GPS we have now on Windows 10.
4 - They saying about Hololens and Xbox, so the focus are to make Microsoft a Game producer? They forget that the base for all is the O.S. and people now know and learning fast how to work with other O.S than Windows

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2