People want to move from android & iphone

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
What i feel boring is my W10M homescreen with live tiles of most of the MS apps that I use, they do nothing other than to disturb the aesthetics of homescreen due to talk of even transparent tiles.
Live tiles are overrated as per me

Funny that you mention transparent tiles. Apps that aren't transparent annoy me so much. They never make it to my home screen. I have one excluded from this rule, which is ProShot but that hides in a folder with other transparent tiles so it never appears on the folder tile. Live tiles really are, I couldn't agree with you more.

The only 4 I use are weather, realarm (for next alarm), calendar and battery (since MS decided to remove the option of having a % of battery left when pinning battery saver).

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't know that I'd use such a broad brush. If Android were really that buggy across the board, I doubt that it would be so widely accepted.

Are you aware of the desktop market of the last 20 years? Buggy and widely accepted is what Windows Desktop has been for its entire life..

Assumptive terms such as "buggy Android" always gets to me frankly.

Considering that Security experts estimate that 60-80 % of Android devices have malware on them, "buggy Android" gets to them too. About 60-80% of the time. :winktongue:

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I agree. The average user doesn't understand enough about technology to know the difference, so they stick with what is familiar even if it performs poorly.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
People apart from brand and model name, camera or screen quality etc they just want to launch apps and use them. If windows mobile had applications just like it's rivals have, they would be selling millions of devices and even at third place in sales, they would be very close to Android and IOS. It had been a long time when people used to change color or themes in their mobile phones and be happy. The user real applications now and that means that Microsoft is on real trouble I'm afraid

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I am bored with both Android and iOS, but I do not think most people even care about Windows Mobile. They are more than pleased with what they have. Only tech savvy persons might think like that.

I was about to say more or less the same, the most will use whatever is on the market, but it's a fact that since the beginning and with all the problem Android was a platform for the developers and brands, so it's the most you will find at the price range you can afford or want.

surfacefanboi

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
My 2 android phones have been the Samsung note 2 & 4, the 4 has been as stable as a rock the note 2 had the occasional wobble but nothing serious. Personally I think a lot of people with android issues have used bad software or have been messing with the OS.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Considering that Security experts estimate that 60-80 % of Android devices have malware on them, "buggy Android" gets to them too. About 60-80% of the time.

Lol...
WM might be there too at 1.5 billion users.
Hackers and crackers would be all over the OS with crowbars.
:grin:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
People apart from brand and model name, camera or screen quality etc they just want to launch apps and use them. If windows mobile had applications just like it's rivals have, they would be selling millions of devices and even at third place in sales, they would be very close to Android and IOS. It had been a long time when people used to change color or themes in their mobile phones and be happy. The user real applications now and that means that Microsoft is on real trouble I'm afraid

Microsoft, the company, is not in trouble because they are diversified and have more than just smartphones. They can take their time to design and develop change without panicking, like some people on here.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Don't know that I'd use such a broad brush. If Android were really that buggy across the board, I doubt that it would be so widely accepted.

Similarly, it's possible to pick up an iOS device at several price points.

It's tough prying away customers from a product they're happy and invested in. Folks seem to be happy with Android and iOS.

I keep hearing people talking about android being laggy and buggy. They keep living in the past. Android has become a serious competitor with Nougat especially. It is fast, reliable and stable. It's actually windows 10 mobile that is currently the buggiest and slowest OS.

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Funny that you mention transparent tiles. Apps that aren't transparent annoy me so much. They never make it to my home screen. I have one excluded from this rule, which is ProShot but that hides in a folder with other transparent tiles so it never appears on the folder tile. Live tiles really are, I couldn't agree with you more.

The only 4 I use are weather, realarm (for next alarm), calendar and battery (since MS decided to remove the option of having a % of battery left when pinning battery saver).

When I first switched to WP8, I adored live tiles. It offered me something that iOS of the day didn't, and its contemporary Android only did to a certain degree (that something was "widgets" everywhere instead of solid icons everywhere). What also helped their cause was that before the update to WP8.1, all the quick actions I needed would need an app that would generate a tile (like wifi or battery).

Today, the opaque tiles are a chore to deal with since they get in the way of the background, which I absolutely craved when the only form of customizing my Lumia was putting a (single) color for all the tiles. In a way, some functionality was lost when the only opaque tiles I use are shrunk to the smallest tile size (aside from the photos tile) and relegated to one corner of the screen. But since most of my tiles pre-8.1 were replaced with the notifications area, it wasn't missed.

As far as boredom. I have been using computers for quite the while, and whenever I could customize, I would. Especially on the most personal computer at the time. Back when I was younger it entailed recoloring the DOS prompt text and line background. On 3.1, it meant switching to the hotdog stand color scheme. When I first used Win7, the idea of rotating backgrounds (plus the fact that it looked like Vista and acted like XP... sound familiar?) was for all intents my favorite part.

Now that my most personal of computers is the phone, it is the recipient of most of this type of attention, but no one is spared. As you mentioned in an earlier post, "it's easier to feel tired of looking at whatever thing much faster than usual," the more you look at it.

GN_Will

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Most tech journalist portray Windows Mobile as an OS that is not good enough due to its lack of applications and people end up not buying Windows phones. Microsoft should also try to market the OS and attract more developers to bring major applications to the OS.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
How come Msft build the tools to bridge apps from other platforms to theirs with New UWP app but then only publishes many Ms Garage apps for other platforms and not using the same tools to release on their platform?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The question is, how many are in a position to invest in windows mobile?

You're not "investing" in Windows Mobile. The device itself is a vessel, you're using it to leverage the Windows ecosystem. I would never ask anybody who uses Google services such as Google Drive, Gmail, etc. to abandon all that to try Microsoft products. The same goes for those who are in bed with Apple.

Unless you're already using Microsoft services on another platform it doesn't make any sense.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
You're not "investing" in Windows Mobile. The device itself is a vessel, you're using it to leverage the Windows ecosystem. I would never ask anybody who uses Google services such as Google Drive, Gmail, etc. to abandon all that to try Microsoft products. The same goes for those who are in bed with Apple.

Unless you're already using Microsoft services on another platform it doesn't make any sense.

That's exactly what brought me here. I was using MS services on my laptop for school, work, etc. Then I decided to get a Surface 3 to play around with. Then I tried a Lumia 920. Then I was hooked. 😎

Tre Lawrence

May 27, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly what brought me here. I was using MS services on my laptop for school, work, etc. Then I decided to get a Surface 3 to play around with. Then I tried a Lumia 920. Then I was hooked. 😎

I think my tech life would be compete with a Surface tab.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb