Ok who's along for this wild ride w/ W10M and MSFT.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm a very patient guy and wanna see this right to the end, I mean to the point of the OS no longer works at all.
I'm all in on W10 I have desktop's tablet's XBOX's Surface's and phones, as well as recently dead Band 3, the band ripped and won't charge anymore very upset over that.

Are U waiting for the Surface Phone?

After the CU, my 950 runs better. When I type in certain apps, it now responds like it should no more hesitation.

I have 2 active phones a 950 on AT&T on reg builds, 640XL on AT&T running the latest fast ring builds.
I was thinking about going back to using my 640XL on WiFi only testing the latest builds on fast ring and getting an S8 but I can't bring myself to getting a Android.

I have a neighborhood friend that loves Android, he swears by it, we used to argue over WP and the fate of it and when am I going to switch to either iPhone or Android and I would say never.
He acted like the OS was gonna stop working tomorrow.

I have all the apps I need, I don't need Snap Chat or Pokémon Go either, I'm on FB, Messenger, Twitter, Instagram,,Skype, FB pages Manager for my Computer business, as well as Win Central and LinkedIn.
How much Social Media do we need?
So if you switched from W10M u have my sincere condolences

So I'm in it for the long haul anybody else?

Last edited:

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Me! I still haven't have given up on this OS. Apps doesn't matter to me and all the apps i need is already here like fb, insta, twitter, messenger. I'm not losing hope about this mobile OS. I'm very loyal to Windows phone and will always do.. I want to continue the journey and I want to see where it ends before I switch.. I won't switch to other OS as long as W10m is still alive. So yeah you're with me mate, we will continue this bumpy and rocky road together 😁

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my first win10m phone.

So not really a long haul for me ;)

From where I am sitting, and maybe I am an optimist, but with all microsofts strategies to build up UWP, and add features to desktop windows (like Cortana skills), I think this is a good time to be on the platform.

Like actually positive, shock horror, not dark and gloomy!

I don't have the experience of the hay days of Lumia, nor the sale. Nor WP earlier editions. I don't have that sort of worn scepticism.

From what I can see, UWP is just starting to blossom, having only existed for 2 ish years, and the bridges for 1 ish years, and with windows s, and windows on arm yet to have their effect. For me, its not "too later" or "dead", but because of the crossplatform windows whether HoloLens, mixed reality, console or win10m is intimately tied with the UWP platform, its birth, and continued growth- its actually newborn, from the beginning of windows 10 - just getting started.

For me, that earlier windows 8 and earlier stuff was actually "something else" - and if you think about the software platform, and what MS is trying to achieve- it really really is. Different company vision, different CEO, different OS, different software platform.

Between the ones I wanted, and the ones I've been recommended, I think I'll have about 40-50 great apps/games to try out, some of which are definitely not on other platforms; and that's more than I've ever wanted to install on android, or bb10.

Considering I only generally regularly use about 4-8 like most people, that seems more like overkill than not enough. And while I haven't tried all the apps, the quality of the ones I have, seems high next to droid.

I've had more than enough of google, and android, and apple never remotely seemed like a good idea, so I am all in with windows on every hardware platform. If the whole platform depends on making this onecore, crossplatform thing work - future proofing windows - being on one, helps the other.

I also plan to spend _at least_ 50 bucks the moment I get my phone, on apps.

#happydevelopershappyplatform

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
While I won't stay exclusive W10M (I just got an iPhone SE), I am in it for the long haul and hoping MS knocks it out of the park. Only time will tell.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll be here as long as it's around. Not using my 950xl as my primary phone anymore (unless I'm between phones) but as mostly for my work phone and it goes everywhere I go 5 days of the week. As I've said elsewhere on this site, it's just too good to completely retire to a drawer or recycle and I also get to keep up to date with all things Windows on mobile (or it's painful demise) and I still love the phone and OS tbh.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I will be here as long as my 735 still works. If it suddenly dies I will probably be gone. Hopefully something comes along before then.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
As for myself, pretty much gave up although we still have our 830, 650 and 950. Was using the 950 as our secondary as of today but it just becomes too painful, again and again.:unhappy: The lag, loading, resuming, some apps acting erratically, app-gap, and the browser(s) that fail to deliver when an app is not an option always plays on my patience.

Can see myself doing exactly what we did w/BB, breaking ties but still looking in occasionally, obviously owning WPs we can still do a hand-on when the notion arises. Being up to speed and being in the "NOW" is where I want to be, WP far from achieves that for me. Also, consistency, stability and usability using Android and iOS has spoiled me, something I cannot seem to find in the latest reiteration of WM.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My 650 fell and I had a choice.. To switch platforms or stick it through.

It was not only because I've been with Windows Phone since 2012, passing through 920, 520, 1020, 640, 650, but because of my money management app, Money Wallet, which I have been using from inception, that I decided to stay. The app is not available on other platforms and I rely on it daily. It is the only thing keeping me tied to Windows 10 mobile.

I decided to buy an Alcatel Idol 4s but this phone is riddled with bugs and it is very irritating. It has me reconsidering leaving the platform.

I spoke to the developer of Money Wallet and he said he is working on a web version of the app. Most likely once that comes out, I'll be gone. If the web version isn't released soon, I may still jump ship and pick up a OnePlus (Waiting to see the OnePlus 5 announcement next month) or wait it out till September to see what the iPhone 8 brings. Luckily , I also use Money Wallet on my Surface Pro 4, so I will try to get by with just that until.

Either way, at this point in time, I don't see my self staying but that's not set in stone. If i do decide to leave, I will keep my Alcatel in a drawer and I will always be following up on Windows 10 mobile news so I can return if necessary.

I do like the route Microsoft is going with the UWP/Windows 10S/Windows on Arm... You can see the vision they have. But that will take some time.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
you quoted with no response. lol

They accidentally put their response in your quote. @cowboy6201 's response was:
Yes it's not an overnite thing, i think 5yrs down the road the whole wins os will be solid enough for devs to start thinking wins is where its at. I'm here to stay i really wanna see where this ends up?
For me Wins gets better and better all the time, a few quirks here and there, but hey there bucking the odds, they're going where no ones gone before, they're miles ahead of Apple & Google.
All the the Apple & Google fans will be left trying pick their jaw up of the floor.

But I see where your coming from and don't blame u if u leave, just come back when things get better.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site

In a way I think MS are kind of lucky to have missed the smartphone bus so far due to the nascent new to market hybrid OS formulae.

While companies with more money have been focused on a slowing market with little innovation, MS has been squarely focused on the future.

They are now years ahead of any competitor hybrid OS, a fair bit ahead with AV/VR intergration, have updated the software platform and are looking for more practical and helpful ways to use AI.

It's all still a bit of a work in progress, but all big projects start that way. Look at the cross-platform timeline - only hungry companies are so consumer centric. I like MS when its hungry :p

I mean for mobile, and in general, it means they know they have to be their best. Apple and google can just coast. Whereas if MS ever releases another phone - it has to be impressive. If they change to mobile OS features, they have to be good ideas.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I like having the same apps on my phone and my PC, and the way things are morphing I feel that we're very very close to what I really really want. A full-blown windows 10 PC in a phone form-factor.

Breadcrumbs :

1. windows 10 on arm is here - it's still only going to be for tablets and laptops but it shouldn't be too far of a stretch to see it replace windows 10 mobile entirely.
2. ms patent on adaptive resolutions
3. continuum

almost all ingredients are here. win32 emulation while in continuum on a windows 10 on arm enabled surface phone. :excited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
100% in here, Lumia 1020 (main phone) and Lumia 625 (backup and sat-nav for car with Here Drive+), both running 10586.916 :smile: Also have a second 625 for testing update methods etc, have been testing the Creator's Update on it lately but doesn't seem to have performance/battery life advantages compared with the other 625 on 10586.916 so will probably stick with that branch.

I don't miss any apps, just need phone, camera, maps and browser for everything else :smile: (FB etc work fine in work)

I also love how distinctive the bright yellow 1020 and its awesome OS that runs on only a small fraction of the phones around the world (especially when you consider that most Windows phones are still on 8.1 as they never pushed W10M as an automatic update) are, will never switch to an iPhone/Android that looks exactly like everyone else's phone...

Lastly despite Microsoft's best efforts, the update situation with Windows phones actually seems pretty good in that you can simply push any W10M build to date to ANY Lumia that originally came with WP 8.x using iutool.exe and they work fine with MS still including the files for the older phones despite them not being supported. Compare that with Androids that get updates for a year or two if you're lucky, or iPhones that are impossible to update further once Apple deems them to be too old.

100% in here too, I do have a Nexus 5X but I'm not impressed that Google removed Miracast support to lock casting down to their own proprietary Chromecast devices.

I'll be sticking with my 950XL until hell freezes over as I don't want another Android device if the above is a sign of things to come. I certainly can't go to the iPhone either, with it's static grid of boring icons.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
This 'old dog' is not interested in learning new tricks, and too stupid to come in from the rain...so "I'm in"!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3