Weekly photo contest: Outdoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Outdoors_WPC.jpg​​

It's time for another weekly photo contest. Last week we decided to tackle motion with our Windows Phone cameras. Now this week we'll try and capture the outdoors. Get outside and shoot!

Motion

This week our theme this week is outdoors. Daytime, nighttime it doesn't matter. Just take an hour or two and show us the world and landscapes around you. Live in a densely populated area? That's OK, you can show us your cityscape . Just don't show us your manscape.

The outdoors can mean different things to different people. So we're leaving it up to you to interpret the theme 'outdoors'. You can drive to Yosemite and show us the valley floor or head up to your local park overlooking the city. Just get outside and shoot something impressive!

The photo above was captured by me near Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve in La Jolla, San Diego. It's mid-way through a little hike you can take to get down to the beach. I captured it using the Lumia 1520 using Nokia Camera. I then used Adobe Photoshop Express for Windows Phone to adjust the vibrance, shadows and highlights. Then I cropped it for the site.

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (the thread you're reading right now :p )
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only one entry per week per person

Social

We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram and Twitter using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!

Here's how it looks this week.

• #wpcpc
  • #outdoorswpc

This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!

Prize

One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.

We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (August 26) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.

Last edited:

Gor Badoyan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
10536609_1531250490432226_1415286549798386060_o.jpg
Photo was taken by Lumia 920. It's near Qarahunj in Armenia. It was edited by Photoshop. Broke up with my girlfriend on that day but at least got few nice shots.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Mt. Rainier - Taken in the parking lot at Paradise prior to climbing to the summit.

Taken on July 30, 2014 with my Lumia 925 using Nokia Camera. No post touch-up other than cropping.

Rainier.JPG

JohnWMack

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
How do I attach a photo?

This photo was taken with my 625 while on vacation at the Grand Canyon. No special filters, just the basic installed camera app.

doraemon_918

May 13, 2012
Visit site
WP_20130715_001 adjusted.jpg
Photo was taken using Lumia 920, near Silver Lake Utah, US. I edited this photo using the phone edit. I like to do hiking and taking pictures with my Lumia 920.

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Winter 2013, temperature of -16 and a wind chill of -44.....

Bloomington IL Winter 2013.jpg

The very thought of the word "Outdoors" would cause agony, anger and frustration! Hearing someone else even speak of "Outdoors" would be followed by a gasp and boisterous "shut your mouth!!!" and the mention of snow would almost cause violence in the office.

I took this photo with my Nokia Lumia 1020, no editing and the Super Sensitive Touch screen allowed me to keep my gloves on and that is why to this day....I still have 10 fingers. I heard frost bite can get you quickly...

richard_rsp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
WP_20140701_16_52_08_Pro.jpg

Hi! This above is a picture I took of the Hubbard Glacier in Eastern Alaska! I would like to submit it for the Weekly Photo Contest. This photo was taken on our Alaskan cruise, and there is no better phone I could have brought than a Lumia! There were many, many outdoor pictures that i took; however, this was one of my favorites.

As a side note: If you have not been to Alaska, go. Its absolutely incredible!

I took it with my Lumia Icon (DP 8.1, no Cyan) using the Nokia camera app. This is actually the low resolution picture (5mp).
No editing, no special software.

​Thanks!

efost7873

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
WP Central Outdoor Contest.jpg

This was taken using my Nokia Lumia 1020 near Springfield, Illinois. My fiance and I were out driving, figured it was a gorgeous day out so why not take some time to get some scenic shots while we were out. The image was fine-tuned using Nokia Creative Studio.

naggy31

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140616_17_49_25_4BHDR20140616203445.jpg

Camera - Lumia 1520
Location - Mumbai(Bombay), India
I was driving down the street one morning with this eye catching view beside me. Hope you'll like it :)

Lilleverden

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This is taken the first day had my Lumia 930, Picture is taken 5 july(was Lucky and got it early :) cropped and edited some in photshop Express on my 930. Location is Mo i Rana, Norway
AdobePhotoshopExpress_4ee35aa8750f40caaea2e55df373318f.jpg

xerox13ster

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140502_13_43_17_Pro.jpg
Taken by Lumia 1520, Nokia Pro Camera no editing. Was outside on a smoke break and saw the egg laying on the ground, just wanted to get a clear look inside with flash, but got an amazing photo out of it. Might be a little morbid, but as far as outdoors goes, it's as real as it gets.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Picture taken with the lumia 920.
WP_20140224_18_48_09_Pro.jpg
I have so many pictures of beautiful landscapes that I couldn't choose, so I decided to go out and try something new. So I took this picture in my neighborhood using a pond like a kind of mirror which ended up creating a really cool effect!
(btw this was taken in the evening so I'm pretty impressed by what the 920 can still do :D)

EDIT: this guy 4 posts above me totally beat me xD

pawianxc

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140817_15_38_57_Pro 2.jpg
Lumia 1320, taken in Poland, Subcarpathia, just ordinary bike trip..:) edited by system auto-fix - it's just a little brighter than original shot.

pssdeva

May 9, 2014
Visit site
WP_20131217_08_41_15_Pro.jpg

This photo was captured by me near Dandeli, a hill station in Karnataka, India. Found this while hiking. I captured it using Lumia 820 using Nokia Camera. No editing has been done.

88rocket

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140112_12_45_32_Pro.jpg

I think one of my first photo's taken with my Lumia 1020.
It came out very nice, for someone with zero photo experience.
Photo was taken early 2014, from a sightseeing tower (Flaestoren), in a forest near Tilburg in the Netherlands, just saw the view and I had to make a picture with my brand new Lumia 1020 at the time. And many pictures did follow...
No post-processing was done. What you see is what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3