Weekly photo contest: Autumn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

Autumn.jpg
We're in the middle of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere. So this week we're going to capture it with our Windows Phones for the weekly photo contest.

Autumn

Autumn starts in late September and ends with the winter solstice in December. To celebrate head out and capture autumn as best you can. Let's see those carved pumpkins, golden leaves and anything else that reminds you of this season.

Up above is a picture of my local pumpkin patch. I captured it around sunset with the Lumia 1520 and played around with the curves in Photoshop.

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

• Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
  • Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
  • Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner
  • Only ONE entry per week per person

Social

We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!
Here's how it looks this week.

• #WCpc
  • #AutumnWC

This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!

Prize

One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.

We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (November 11) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.

Good luck and have fun!

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
"Fall-en" - the season of fall, the fallen leaves and the fallen branch. In this shot of the Yosemite Valley, on the left is the mighty, towering El Capitan and to the right is the Cathedral Mountain Range, home to the Bridalveil Falls. The view of the valley is spectacular on its own, but the fallen branch just makes it better, in a relaxing/soothing way.

Yosemite_Tunnel_View.jpg

Shot with my Nokia Lumia 920 and edited in Lightroom

Best of luck everybody!

DevinJRichter

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
A u t u m n

Afterlight_Edit_2014_10_07_10_06(1).jpg

A single maple leaf that fell from the tree next to my work. I saw it from across the parking lot...it fluttered from the branches of the tree to the ground. Bright flashed of red in the air. I walked up to it and laid in the grass...looking crazy I am sure. I used the manual focus and ensured the veins of the leaf where in perfect focus and then snapped the picture. Afterwards I added some filters in Afterlight. It was taken on my Lumia 925.

Corey Kohler1

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Photo of my son Kennan (7month) Wife wanted to do something different for autumn photos.

Photo taken by Nokia 1520 and using Nokia creative studio vivid filter with color pop.

Attachments

• WP_20141104_003.jpg
    WP_20141104_003.jpg
    637.9 KB · Views: 16

zdravez

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Looking through the window at lake Michigan and Grant Park from the window of the presidential suite of Blackstone Hotel at Michigan and Balbo in Chicago on a gloomy autumn day.. Took this picture with my Lumia 1520 and edited for some added color and clarity in Lumia Creative Studio.
Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• AdobePhotoshopExpress_c1d9f9c189a5437eb4f03d5c48abaa29.jpg
    AdobePhotoshopExpress_c1d9f9c189a5437eb4f03d5c48abaa29.jpg
    749.8 KB · Views: 20

Hazeem Hbk

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
A.jpg

I was captured this photo when I go to holiday here.
This photo taken with Nokia Lumia 525 and edited with Fantasia Painter.

hermanax

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
WP_20131102_13_42_08_Pro20131102141519.jpg

This was taken at my grandparents place in Indiana on Sugar Creek with my 920. Edited with Creative Studio. The orange can be pretty blinding on a desktop, but looks great on the phone.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Taken Saturday November 1 on the Duncan Knob Hollow trail near Luray. VA. Nokia Lumia 635, ProShot, default program settings. I saw these purple leaves right next to the trail and thought "wow that is a great fall color you don't see very often", then noticed the one gray leaf in the middle. I love the contrast of the one gray leaf in the field of purple. No post processing whatsoever, this is exactly what came off my phone.

Attachments

• 2014_11_01_18_02_20_ProShot.jpg
    2014_11_01_18_02_20_ProShot.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 10

Mike Novales

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
WP_20141106_17_38_14_Pro.jpg

Taken this evening with my Lumia 1020, I took a stroll through Millennium Park in Chicago on my way home. The trees lined up in this part of the park looked like an orange canopy with the lighting shining through.

distilledoreo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I posted this for the texture contest, but it fits much better for this week's photo contest... It's just a simple picture of a fallen leaf on my driveway (taken with a Lumia 925 and edited in Lumia Creative Studio).
WP_20141018_13_13_35_Pro (2).jpg

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
The reflection mountains in a lake, with golden aspen tree. Picture taken in Colorado a few weeks ago with the Lumia 1020.No editing, just cropped to conform to the Instagram square...

InstagramCapture_7a27aa09-a6a5-43e6-9fdb-b88dae46ee17.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb