Weekly photo contest: Paths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Paths.jpg

This weekend head out and wander. Try and find a cool path near your house and take an interesting picture. That's our theme for this
week's photography contest - paths.

Paths

Paths are all around us and come in man different forms. You might find a path made of dirt, gravel, cement or some other material. We want to see the kinds of paths you take on your feet (or maybe bike), so no major roads or anything like that.
The path above is from San Capistrano in southern California. It was shot on my Lumia 1520 and slightly edited in Photoshop for Windows Phone. I just adjusted the vibrance a bit to get the blues to pop a little bit more.

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

• Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
  • Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
  • Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner
  • Only ONE entry per week per person

Social

We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!

Here's how it looks this week.

• #WCpc
  • #PathWC

This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!

Prize

One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.

We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (November 25) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.

Good luck and have fun!

milfermon

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I took this picture like a year ago with my Nokia lumia 620, no editing at all, I was on a family trip and I liked this place, near Quito's new airport, in Ecuador, I'm not completely sure this counts as a path but anyway I'll give it a shot.

WP_20130804_064.jpg

Nicholas N

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
AdobePhotoshopExpress_3a7cb261b0e04226bcd9be5e491782f9.jpg
I was walking through a beautiful park that is near my house in florida last week and thought of this photo when i saw the photo of the boardwalk you took .I took this photo using my lumia 925 and the lumia pano app. I used PhotoShop express for some minor tweaks to the photo. Hope you enjoy!! :grin:

gmantione

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
AdobePhotoshopExpress_f724a3017df3484488bb7346d47be0d5.jpg

This was taken with my Lumia Icon (without cyan -_-) and I enhanced the color with Adobe Photoshop Express (only because this was taken on such a cloudy day). This is on a road near Otter Creek Lodge in the Adirondacks, and I took it on October 18th of 2014.

Sachin A

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Fantasia Painting.jpg

Shot with LUMIA 830 [NOKIA CAMERA]
Edited with Fantasia painter for filters

I usually travel by bus. But one day i just missed bus by just few meters away. So i decided to walk till i reach home. On the way I captured it with my LUMIA 830

ronniethunder1

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
This is from our vacation to the Oregon coast. It was taken in Cannon Beach Oregon with a Lumia 925. Edited with Adobe PhotoShop Express.

Attachments

• WP_20140405_10620140405194301.jpg
    WP_20140405_10620140405194301.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

Shaju Yem

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
InstagramCapture_63055431-f43a-4463-bf2c-7ceacac040f4.jpg
Clicked this one with my Lumia 720 and have added some filters with instagram app :)
This is a path to a pump house at Malampuzha reservoir dam located at god's own country Keral :)

chataddicted

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Fantasia Painting(24).jpg
"The invisible Path of Heaven" photo taken with my lumia 620 during my shillong trip, INDIA and edited contrast and saturation with fantasia painter..

drewman77

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
2h3TPxV.jpg

Taken with Lumia Icon and edited/cropped in Lightroom.

They are replacing the water main by my house (my driveway is the one on the right). Lots of paths on display here. :)

The temporary water line running in the gutter
The new water line being tested and gushing water into the gutter too.
The road
The sidewalk
The driveways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3