Weekly photo contest: Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Devine

Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
WP_20150225_13_46_40_Rich.jpg

After last week's more technical challenge, this week we're going back to a more simple topic for the weekly photo contest; trees. But even the simplest of topics can produce some incredible shots. The one up top, for example, isn't a particularly fancy setting, but it's one of the first outdoor shots I've been able to take using Rich Capture on the Lumia 830.

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person

How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums

We've got a handy guide for that!

- How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums | Windows Central

Social

We're going to continue our social sharing of entries. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!

Here's how it looks this week.

- #WCpc
- #TreesWC

This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!

Prize

One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.

We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (March 3) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the next contest

Dj bokko

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
WP_20150224_16_10_18_Raw.jpg

This was taken by my Nokia 1020 on the way home from work. Clapham Common Park, London UK. No photo edit.

Last edited:

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Taken with: Nokia Lumia 930
Edited in: Camera360 Sight

I took this photo on New Years Eve on a golf course here in Norway. My friend and I were out walking our dogs. I thought the edit in Sight gave the photo a punch, but the original is good also. I am always on the look for motives in the sun like this. :)

Camera360_2014_12_31_08_32_568.jpg

Mattia Ravarotto

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
This picture was taken with my Lumia 920 back in September 2013. I remember it was one of the first photos I shot using Nokia ProCamera when it was released (now Lumia Camera). I took this on Italian mountains called Appennini not far from Fanano.
WP_20130831_11_11_28_Pro.jpg

Amar Hodzic

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
sl200115 (14).jpg
Model: Nokia Lumia 1320,
Softwares: Nokia Creative Studio, Adobe Photoshop cs6 and Topaz Labs Fx.
This photo is captured in December, when I go to visit my cousin because she get baby.It was really cold that day :)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Glencoe in Scotland, taken a couple of years ago on my 1520. No processing, this is how it is....

WP_20130617_004.jpg

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Christmas tree at Cape Town international airport. Lumia 720 without editing.
2e7f8cccb0b92fb0f4d315cac067e1cd.jpg

Julian Williams2

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Leaf close up.jpg

Nokia Lumia 830. No editing effects, just cropped. Taken this year in a Worcestershire country lane - the first time I'd managed to get out with the camera and test its macro capabilities. V happy new 830 owner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills