Weekly photo contest: Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Devine

Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
WP_20150306_13_49_46_Rich.jpg

After a brief hiatus thanks to events (and illness), the weekly photo contest is back and in its new weekend slot. We've decided to move it from a weekday when there's potentially a lot of news and other things going on to a more relaxed slot on a Sunday evening. Aside from a new day, nothing else is changing, so let's get to it!

This weeks contest is something close to my heart: cars. Along with tech, cars are my other major passion in life and recently I had the opportunity to finally visit the world famous Geneva Motor Show. Some 2 weeks later I'm still trawling through all the photos but it gave me some great inspiration for this weeks contest. The shot up top is from my Lumia 830, is completely unedited and is one of my favorites from the show.

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person

How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums

We've got a handy guide for that!

- How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums | Windows Central

Social

We're going to continue our social sharing of entries. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!

Here's how it looks this week.

- #WCpc
- #CarsWC

This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!

Prize

One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.

We'll pick a winner Saturday night (March 28) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the next contest

JawZ_28

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140725_12_18_22_Pro (2).jpg

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R. I took this photo with my Lumia 925 when the Tudor United SportsCar Championship came to Indianapolis, Indiana last July. My friend scored us free tickets to get into the race and we even got VIP treatment to check out the pits and a private room where this car was displayed. Being a Corvette fan, I had a blast at the event and took a some pictures throughout the day. This is by far one of my favorites, however I adjusted the vibrance slightly using Photoshop (I think) because in the original picture the yellow just wasn't as bright as it really looked in person.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

The photographic quality of the picture isn't great, but I used my 822. This is at the Amelia Island Concours d' Elegance that went on last weekend. It's not everyday you see a Porsche 918 and Carrera GT together.

atanga betayene

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Weekly photo 📷 contest: Cars

Using a Lumia 1520 I took a picture of this old school truck 🚚 in the Philippines all the way up in the mountain province Sagada
Edited with Lumia creative studio

Attachments

• WP_20141103_11_48_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141103_11_48_55_Pro.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
WP_20141201_23_45_55_Pro.jpg
taken with L830 with Lumia Camera Pro (I think it has been called that back then), no edits. Back lights of my beloved Citroen C5 Break during an epic freezing rain the other night. It was covered head to toes by 3 cm of solid ice!

AshBayt

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140929_043.jpg
This was taken from a Nokia Lumia 620 in Riga. There's a bunch of cool cars there and I took a lot of photos but this one is from a different angle which makes it stand out a bit. Edited using Creative Studio. Highly recommend the "Vivid" filter for cars and the like.
Edit: Oops, I forgot that this one wasn't edited. It's just the Nokia Lumia 620 optics.

PixelSpielkind

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
lessismore.jpg

Taken with a Lumia 1020 - The german text on the small car means "less is more"
which I think is the perfect description while standing behind that Porsche Carrera 4S :)

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Saw this majestic specimen at a parking of a very upmarket restaurant near Cape Town. Needless to say that it took up 2 parking places! Lumia 720 without editing.
ff4baf88ca710f8d965619bcfb70d38a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb