Weekly photo contest: Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Devine

Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
WP_20150301_17_40_05_Rich_e (2).jpg

The weekly photo contest is back with a new theme and a new week to show off your best work. This time around we're asking to see your best efforts with filters. Those weird and wonderful effects that helped make Instagram so popular can be a great way to simply and effectively make your photos take on a whole new life.

Like the shot up top. I took this relatively pleasant, if somewhat uninteresting scene while catching 5 minutes after a press conference at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. But with a little goofing around in Camera 360 Sight it became (or so I think, at least) something worth keeping.

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person

How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums

We've got a handy guide for that!

- How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums | Windows Central

Social

We're going to continue our social sharing of entries. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!

Here's how it looks this week.

- #WCpc
- #FiltersWC

This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!

Prize

One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.

We'll pick a winner Saturday night (March 28) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the next contest

Amar Hodzic

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
c1.jpg
Model: Nokia Lumia 1320;
Softwares: Nokia Creative Studio, Adobe Photoshop CS 6 and Topaz Labs.
Filters:
- Opal (Nokia Creative Studio),
- Topaz Adjust (Topaz labs),
- Topaz Clean (Topaz labs) and
- Noise( Adobe Photoshop CS 6).

milfermon

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I took this one with my Lumia 820 using lumia refocus first, then adding a filter with photoshop express, I like playing with the camera a lot, but I don't think there's anything special, just a few decorations from my living room, a small stone and that's pretty much it

AdobePhotoshopExpress_a876ae2a03304c67b8991912817bda8c.jpg

Dave_Arg

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
21271a5c37bf6105b5be5471a3c629f9.jpg
This a pool from a short holiday for a weekend I've been in February. Shot with my Lumia 620 using Lumia Panorama and edited with Camera360 Sight.

Future Fossil

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
10-28-14 Sycamore Sunrise HDR.jpg
Taken with a Lumia 928 using the Nokia Camera App. It then is played with in Fantasia Painter. This photo was taken at Cromwell Valley Park in Baltimore, Maryland.

Ashish S Nair

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Create_A_Perfect_Selfie15.jpg

Took the picture using Lumia Camera from my Lumia 625
Found this flower on the side of the road...
Hard to imagine something like this could become beautiful when it did not grow up in a garden.
Added some filters which looked soothing to the eye....
I used the "Create A Perfect Selfie" app..
It has tons of filters which i like...

John Gmt

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
WP_20130928_18_21_17_Smart.jpg

Nokia Lumia 925
Sub: Try to Fly In The Sky
This Evening shot captured with lumia camera on the Hill with Friends at Village.
Filter: Photoshop c6
nik classic camera filter.

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Still haven't received my 25 dollar gift card after winning the trees contest. I've sent them several emails, nothing has happened.

Isn't that awesome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3