Windows Central photo contest: Clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Devine

Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
WP_20150426_20_29_04_Rich.jpg

​The photo contest is back and the latest theme is something we've been seeing plenty of these last couple of weeks: Clouds. We've had a few events to travel to of late so our own viewpoint has always been from above, but the sometimes white fluffy things in the sky can make for some dramatic, artistic, downright awesome looking photos.

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person

How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums

We've got a handy guide for that!

- How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums | Windows Central

Social

We're going to continue our social sharing of entries. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!

Here's how it looks this week.

- #WCpc
- #CloudsWC

This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!

Prize

We're changing up the prizes a little bit from now on. This weeks winner will get an LG Tone Pro Bluetooth headset courtesy of the Windows Central Store.

We'll pick a winner next Saturday night (May 17) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the next contest

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I was waiting for clouds and it just happened to be this very recent one.
I've been making photographs of a plane's wing as far back as I can remember,
and have chronicled not only the approach landings of the 37 countries I've visited
but USA domestic flights as well. I have hundreds. This was April 20.

Flight AA2594 approaching Chicago over Lake Michigan.
Lumia Camera 5
Edit Fotor:
Enhanced: Low
Adjust: Brightness -2, Contrast +5, Saturation +6, Blur/Sharpen +2
AAFlight5954.jpg

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Was taken on my htc 8x using proshot with no editing. taken on my way home from work i thought it was a tsunami wave coming but it was just clouds. 2014_12_03_16_04_16_ProShot.jpg

tpitts15

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
WP_20150426_19_22_11_Pro.jpg

Clouds rolling into Las Colinas right before a storm. I was taking my gf's dog to do its business and saw this outside. Taken on my Lumia 830, with a little bit of contrast added in Photoshop Express.

Eduardomge75

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Photo taken with my Nokia Lumia 830 on a KLM Flight.
No filters...Up in the air, only trying to capture the beauty of the blue sky and the Clouds. WP_20150222_13_34_09_Pro.jpg

nmkr007

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I never realized my office is so beautiful until I see it through my lumia lens
Phone: Lumia 720
App: Lumia creative studio
WP_20140501_01120140501174943.jpg

tmaier

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Taken in Edinburgh, UK. This is a Cramond Island pathway which only appears when the sea level goes down. It is important to pay attention to the tide schedule as it's quite easy to get stuck on the island for the night. You are probably in for a rescue team to come and get you if this happens which is super embarrassing! :)

Don't miss the rainy cloud and a rainbow which is pretty common in Scotland. You are very likely to see both rain and sunshine at the very same time, often multiple times during one day, and lots of rainbows because of that.

Used Lumia 930 with Denim. Edited with PainShop Pro X6

WP_20140727_17_29_24_Pro__highres.jpg

Last edited:

ronniethunder1

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
This was taken in the ghost town of Thistle Utah looking through a window of an old school house that was flooded in 1983.
Taken with Lumia 925.
Edited with Adobe Photoshop Express.AdobePhotoshopExpress_44890e6d9c1a441181cdad437801c278.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism